Grim Misadventure #149: Praise the Eldritch Sun

Iä! Iä! The Sun, the Sun, the Sun, the Sun, the Sun, the Sun, THE SUN!

I completely forgot about Demon-Slayer and Phantasmal Blades. Yes, Phantasmal Blades skill is awesome, but Demon-Slayer is a nightblade set that can be used with Occultist, Necro or even Shaman.

I was talking about a cross-class acid or/and cold set designed specifically for Witch Hunters.

I would argue that Saboteurs are in far worse shape than witchhunters. At least they get x2 classes that can reduce both cold and acid rr. Sabo is stuck with mix/match of fire/cold. They do have a really night 2 piece weapon set, but infiltrator can do what sabo does except twice as good and much safer.

You should post it in my Ideas and Feedback thread! I did forget about Sabouters. Another forgetten Class combo!

Those Damn Ancient Ones again! Euh! The ELDER ONES SHALL TRIUMPH! That being said the sand aspect looks cool and Korvaak looks good. A sort of Dreeg but with fire instead of poison.

All in all constellations are good. Will they include more chaos/pierce and combinations not around but that the sets are there to support them. Chaos needs more combos and I find aether too.

NOPE! If you use the sword combo of Nexus and Ortus then I heard saboteur is the best. :stuck_out_tongue:

Korvaak constellation has four angry eyes in the middle.

So he’s an angry nerd with glasses.

Looks like stars are the essential creations/manifestations? of the primordial gods. The Sun seems to be the most important object (star?) in the lore of Empyrion and Korvaak. GD’s sun is the celestial throne perhaps? or is it different from the eldritch sun.
Yugol is like WH40k’s Tyrannid, trying to eat everyone. Why would anyone want to become servant of Yugol willingly (or maybe they’re influenced by Yugol)?

THE EYES! THEY’RE LOOKING AT ME!

…also, I’m curious if Dreeg and Korvaak can see eye-to-eye on anything :p.

They probably won’t get along at all.

dreeg is an insane nerd. muttering nonsensical/shattering truth all the time.

korvaak is an angry fiery nerd wanting to have power over everyone.

also, yugol has eyes in some of its tentacles.

Thought so, my comment was mainly to riff on the similar, eye-focused theme of those two.

what if Yugol damage is bleeding?….

gross joke i admit it

If I had to guess, I’d say Korvaak is probably the leader of (or somehow involved with) the new enemy faction, and opposing that are the three Witch God factions. Korvaak will probably claim to be the true original Eldritch God or something like that.

It would be an interesting story line, even if it turns out to not be true. :slight_smile:

Yugol provides cold and acid damage, just like murmur.

Yugol is cold and acidic. nothing like the body part that most people here seems to make joke of when they saw yugol for the 1st time.

wait, that means yugol is kinda like the abyss, right?

‘when you gaze into the abyss, (insert something witty here)’

While it will probably indeed have something to do with the Witch Gods, I think it should be more like “Korvaak vs Ch’thon. Round 1, fight!”

So what would happen, if I were to devout myself to both Empyrion and Korvaak at once? :slight_smile:

Also funnily enough, if you follow the star aligments of the Korvaak constellation, it will form the “praise the sun” gesture. Intentional? :smiley:

Nice Dark Souls reference in the title of the thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Has Crate said anything about the devotion requirements for the new constellations?

Nice.

Really hoping Korvaak will be fire/chaos. I’d love a T3 chaos devotion ability that isn’t…y’know, a buff. :rolleyes:

Damn this sand particle effect is neat.

That’s really amazing, I think the story of Grim Dawn world somehow now, shows that Empyrion was infected by a darkness where lives this creature Yugol or something like that, really interested what would be new in a story of a GD world with coming expansion.

Btw if there any chance that witch Gods will tell us something about big war of the Gods?

All’s fair in love, and war, but would either of them be a berzerker’s boo, though?

Risk of apostasy too strong?