Grim Misadventure #150: Shattering Expectations

As you delve deeper into this game mode, you will learn more about its tragic history and why it has come to be known as the Shattered Realm. You will bear witness to destruction in its raw form, to hunger insatiable.

…Lamprey-mouth is the end boss of the Shattered Realm, I take it. (I forget whether it’s Yugol or Yulog.)

It’s going to be…interesting…to tackle it while using its constellation.

Will it contain a bridge level? :wink:

SR is an endless dungeon so don’t think it will have a final boss.

Please make scavenged plating useful for something! :slight_smile:

More variety in SR? Awesome.

The whole insatiable hunger thing immediately made me think of Yugol as well. Especially since the Necropolis seems to be being torn apart by tentacles…but I suppose that could just be Log leftovers. More sparkly pink/purple outer space backgrounds though, please. :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably nothing stopping them from having specific special bosses on certain layers though, even if you get to continue on after defeating them. :slight_smile: Yugol sounds pretty big and powerful though, so I’m not entirely sure it’s something we can simply stab in the face and be done with. :eek:

Exactly! :smiley:

I think Lokarr’s ego can easily fill that unsatiable hunger.:smiley:

Endless, schmendless.
SR’s end boss will slam your logic like he slams revolving doors…

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s not quite how it works at the moment.

Wow this is looking incredible! Last i saw there were 12 levels. So, to go from 12 to 54 is some work, you guys have been busy!

I just can’t wait to get my hand on it :smiley:

The Shattered souls mecanic is really interesting if it is well balanced.
It should allow players to go deeper in the Shattered realms without giving players permanent bonuses.
Obviously this mecanic should be moddable to make some different buffs, stack amount, duration, right ?

Asking the important questions, over here.

Asking the important questions, over here.[/QUOTE]

This would be fantastic with a massive wave of monsters coming at you!

+1 to that :smiley:

Stoneplate Greaves are most definetly something…

Kinda goes without saying.
If Grava doesn´t cough up a level with at the very least 11.ooo bridges, I am going to be very mad. And the boss at the end is natually also a bridge.

:furious:

It’s literally what they said:):

“As you traverse the Shattered Realm, you will uncover unique shrines. Make an offering to them in the form of rare crafting materials and you will be bestowed a boon, but beware: all great gifts come with a trade-off.”

It looks that playing the Shattered Realm is going to be pretty dynamic experience. It looks really really great ! Thanks !

Loving the lore surrounding the Shattered Realm, and the purple sparkly space backdrop is great! Looking forward to the story surrounding this place.

The other piece of this update that intrigues me are the ‘rule-breaking’ encounters; I love stuff like that, and the picture with the levers is tickling my ‘must pull them’ urges. Keep up the good work, folks, can’t wait to see it in action.

Pull the lever of your celestial affinity???
:confused: