Grim Misadventure #163 - A Rare Proposal

Thing is, it’s not just the dungeon, but a whole new questline to go with it so I’d say it’s going to be bigger than anything we’ve seen before in the way of free content. And as usual the dev streams provide some answers. From the 24th May stream:

"atamanir : what about new dungeon ??

You are referring to our 5th rogue-like dungeon. It’s coming, it’s being actively worked on. It’s going to be a lot of work, cause rogue-like dungeons take a lot of work. There’s also a whole lot of build up to that dungeon that we have to create so as I mentioned in the little road map that we posted about a month ago this is going to relate to Riggs, the character in the Conclave of the Three, who gives you a few things, you know, for free and there are a few strings with that. And when one of our updates later on comes out, I believe it will in 1.1.4, then he going to come and ask for a little something in return and that’s going to involve sending you off to what will be the 5th rogue-like dungeon. And a few things along the way."

"Fragonarsh : Is the new dungeon in the maw in the desert? (the star wars creature)

It’s not in there, but you might end up in there … for some reason."

"RosvoKissa : any info if we will get rouge dungeon and what it will be like?

I’ll tell you you are getting a rogue-like dungeon in an upcoming patch. Not the one that includes these sets, but it is coming. Visually it’s going to be similar to some of the environments you’ve seen in the expansion, I think we’ll throw a few twists in there. gonna have some fun with it. There’ll be some more lore for you to uncover which will pretty fun, I look forward to writing that."

4 Likes

@Weyu That’s actually amazing. Thanks!

It’s kinda strange for me to be more excited by GD’s 1.1.4.2 and 1.1.5.0 than a whole new league in PoE :hugs:

1 Like

It would be cool to see Mythical versions for Epics that currently have only a regular and an Empowered version along with the upcoming changes

2 Likes

hear hear. My witch hunter is pretty much on hold, waiting for a miasma set to crop up for ultimate.

I see what you did there. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was hoping they were announcing Rainbow affix colours :frowning:

An epic item overhaul has me hopeful that Mythical Will of Fate will finally be added to the game.

Yes please. YES PLEASE!

Zantai said an overhaul of current items, not making new ones. :upside_down_face:

Mythical version of that rifle would be OP i guess. It supposed to be using for leveling, not for endgame.

As for people speculating about new content after the Riggs update, I think a questline similar to Hidden Path would make most sense. Or a couple of those questlines, ha ha. Naturally, with a few new items here and there.

As for the best possible scenario (which I don’t expect in my wildest dreams), it would probably be a roguelike for every faction you can be enemies with (Cronley, Kymon, Order, Anasteria, Barrowholm, Aetherial Vanguard). Now that would be something else, and truly a magnificent conclusion to Grim Dawn.

P. S. I do like the idea of adding new constellations, but not devotion points, so as to increase options and build diversity, but I have a feeling that balancing that would be a nightmare.

It’s not that new. And there are plenty of holes in the current l82-l94 epic crop.

Not really, it was pretty okay for vanilla, and gun sorc needs some love anyways.

I made a primal strike elementalist with it back when shaman got that big buff patch. There are few feelings more satisfying in Grim Dawn than piercing through a giant crowd in Malmouth and going blind from the overwhelming lightning flash across the screen.

I imagine throwing +2 Demo/Arcanist/Shaman with some attack speed on it would be too much to hope for.

Still anxiously awaiting an update on the Xbox port…

If you think about it tho the Hidden Path quest line is basically FG’s precursor (and it even came out before AoM). So, if we get more like it, it might spawn more expansions! :crate::zantai:

2 Likes

Pls make Soiled Trousers SR viable, thanks.

New roguelike dungeon is good, but everyone is waiting for the announcement Grim Dawn 2.

This is great news. I collect so many low level Epics that I never use because I always seem to find better Rares instead. I hope leveling characters will be more fun now that Epics dropping will be an exciting thing again!

gr8 news also plz make it possible for us to change backgrounds in main menu vanilla aom fg plz in video menu options?? plz

1 Like