Grim Misadventure #165 - Bring them to Darkness

Precisely and from business point of view you would NOT announce 3rd XP so close to release of your XBox port! But instead do it some time after the console launch - that will generate extra sales just from the new console customer base since you will be riding on the momentum of the still fresh release.

Lets wait Crate`s officially say “no” to any xp3 before we make such dramatic conclussions.

GD can still generate steady revenue stream for the studio while they work on their next big thing which will take a while to release.

2 Likes

Been working on the town builder for 3 years now. Medierra reckoned we’d hear more in 12-18 months back in 2016. :sob:

A town builder based on Grim Dawn universe?

Nope. Nothing to do with GD.

not until we get mods

1 Like

Assuming it’s moddable. Which is something else we don’t yet know about it.

Anyway, back on topic of GM #165. If you want to talk town builder then head over to this thread in Future Projects

one thing that bothers me during rogue dungeon boss battles is the lack of boss battle music considering we are fighting Cairns toughest enemies, heck even pushover bosses like Lokar has a musical band behind him, such a shame since he totally does not deserve any.

Can this be corrected in the upcoming heretic patch? or at least give us an atmospheric fight with a dark orchestra in the background at the end of this new dungeon boss fight. Can we expect new music track to go along the new areas as well? or is this too much to ask for a free update?

hopefully Crate updates their malmouth vs fg content sheet this time including this patch.

Considering it Im curious whether malmouth’ size have been matched already, barring SR.

this heretic patch needs to be integrated into campaign so to shut peoples complaints about fg being relatively short in content, for non SR lovers

But FG is short in content lol

yes its short but hopefully this new patch will bring it closer to malmouth’s area/content

True, I think all of these stuff we get now was planned since the beginning of FG development but Crate didn’t have enough time to make all of these at once.

In what universe is Forgotten Gods short in content…guess we should have added more empty desert to make it feel BIG.

10 Likes

well, the grobles ARE short, and drew the short end of the stick being mostly in the beginning few areas SO FAR. Could we have a few more heroes, or even bosses of them? Like a groble equivalent of Van Aldritch’s council.

…another slow day at work

many of fg areas are so condensed except korvan docks and the areas of the korvan city ruins at the end zones. Could use a much bigger stretch of the oases section IMO. Desert areas have served their purpose but a much bigger howling chasm and a larger pit of atonement would have helped. plus the lack of monster variety did not help much. This is nitpicking but I know some of these will be addressed with the patch.

And you’re discounting the Shattered Realm content completely. So no I don’t think what you’re asking for will be addressed in the nex patch. It’s a new dungeon like Port Valbury that’s all. Nothing’s likely to change for any of the other content except what Zantai has already spoken about.

3 Likes

i though crate had made a comparison thread of fg’s content size compared to base game and AoM. fg has the smallest content (but can be considered the biggest if you include sr’s impossible levels and the upcoming updates) iirc

edit: i guess we have found a new way to have zantai pay attention to us immediately. just yell “FG’s content is SHORT!”

as much as i love FG (particularly the ending which is truly epic) it doesn’t have vast areas like Ugdenbog (maybe the only area of the game where you can truly lost yourself at first) or even Malmouth City. I also find some riftgates too close one from each other, which makes the areas feel even shorter.
like i said i love both xpacs so i’m not complaining there, but i can see where this particular critic come from.

2 Likes

I think it’s understandable really. People tend to forget that Ashes of Malmouth is 2 “Acts” in size (with Ekket’Zul being the midpoint I believe) whereas Forgotten Gods is closer to 1.

Forgotten God’s story act is shorter because development time had to come from somewhere and go towards the Shattered Realm.

The preview for next patch looks beautiful :+1:

I wasn’t expecting nearly this amount of new items added, now I’m excited for the new possibilities next update.

1 Like

the rift gates gaps is what is immersion breaking since when u look at the map it looks like its a vast continent but feels like all areas are stone throw away from each other lol and u dont get the impression of traveling long distance😅

cant wait for the patch nonetheless

I already said this in the viewpoint of the non SR lovers like myself but well you still got a point. anyway zentai always roars for moar so I can feel that this patch will be best ever far bigger and better than Poor Lagbury. Oh Wait your a praetorian in disguise I bet you already know this all along and testing this patch for weeks already so stop playing like its a mini patch :sweat_smile::+1: