Grim Misadventure #165 - Bring them to Darkness

Looking great as always, does the final fight take place in a volcano? :grin:

@Zantai can we please get a wallpaper version of that “night” guy or atleast a high res version of him. That looks very awesome, you guys gave us one for Van Aldritch back in the days so if we could get one for this guy it’d be pretty cool imo.

I am pumped for this update, the guy in the OP looks so awesome that I am willing to change forum handle to whatever he is called (assuming he ain’t Ateph)

2 Likes

There is one already in game. It is most tough boss ever. But it is secret easter boss. It take a while to find puzzle. Think of final secret endgame boss.

Isn’t that just a rumor?

EDIT:

Sorry I might sound like a heretic but this trailer actually looks interesting to me

If they can stick to the minimalist writing style of Diablo II i.e have the enemies shut their traps then I can see this being success. I would love for it to not have DRM but that would be hoping to much

The trailer looks better than whatever Wolcen has to offer imo.

EDIT:
Checked out the cinematic, okay so they finally have come to their senses and have realized that there’s more to the lore than Diablo’s pecker. They seem to exploring new villains. I am glad.

Malthael while different didn’t have much going on for him imo so he never managed to hold my interest for too long. Lilith actually has an interesting backstory so I am interested in seeing what we get. Hopefully with the trend of exploring non-Prime Evil villains now being adopted we would get Kabraxis at one point.

1 Like

The trailer looks does look good but is deceiving imo.

I saw people playing the demo on twitch. The art style and world look well done, but the gameplay was a bit stale to me. The sorceress spells being small and underwhelming was my biggest complaint. Negatives can be cured, sure, but after D3 it is better to wait and see.

We have a couple of D4 threads so please take this conversation to one of them and keep this regarding the upcoming GD patch.

1 Like

Indeed, the trailer looks like a love letter to all the pissed of Diablo II fans. I just hope they make smart references only. Overdoing stuff like they did in D3 especially with the Leoric and the Butcher would only lead to more hate.

Anyways, I am pumped. So let’s see. Back to the topic, Crate please gib OP guy wallpaper :smiley:

The issue with D4 is that a lot of people are worried about the direction of itemization, and the already infamous ‘‘attack/defense’’ system, or David Kim’s ‘‘simplifying the math’’ comment.

Basically, people noticed that all items have an ‘‘attack/defense’’ stats as their primary description. And those stats seem to be condensing a lot of other stats from previous Diablo games, such as STR/DEXT/INT attribute points, the distinction between flat and percentage damage bonuses, healt and armor bonuses, dodge chance…and many fear that it will be a system dumbed down even in relation to D3

1 Like

Dude I am not even looking at stats right now. My comment was about the art style\art direction, the fact that they actually are proceeding this way means they listened to some feedback. Stats and other stuff obviously look terrible to me but maybe feedback can improve that. Anyways I lost hope after realizing it is more or less an MMO.

Btw @medea_fleecestealer is right we should take this to the other threads. Let’s just stick to convincing Crate to get us an Ateph wallpaper

1 Like

Yeah, I agree that the art direction is fantastic. I also agree that we should continue this in other threads.

Looking forward to slaying Sauron this Christmas!

Ateph ? I knew it!!! it is him indeed …sorry …spoiler hahahah

To be perfectly honest I am not 100% sure. IIRC Ateph is the Korvan God of Night. The Christmas Sauron in the OP appears to have gotten his mojo from Yugol so he could be a different entity all together.

3 Likes

Black Friday is coming in 29 November. My guess is we gonna get the update between 30 November to 8 December. Can’t wait for the faction equipment buff.

1 Like

oh ok :slight_smile: but we know Ateph and korvaak had conflict in past, even Ateph banished from Korvan city and have to apologize at the stairs of Korvan Temple ever since … all points this heretic is him …but as you say “not %100 sure”…

It’s also a free update :wink:

I’m pretty sure they aren’t timing it due to the Black Friday sale as much as they are more interested in having it done before Xmas. They’ve been working on the update since mid-summer or so, which is a crazy amount of time for a game dev to be investing into free content updates.

Nice GM! Can we equip two different ‘eye’ rings and get two eyes swirling around the player?

Yes it is free, and would be a sweet treat for those that purchase the game during that sale. New update and sale, just what people like.

Will all of thouse four dungeons be located in the FG area?

1 Like

More importantly, who is riggs really? :thinking:

Indeed, indeed…