Grim Misadventure #165 - Bring them to Darkness

And you’re discounting the Shattered Realm content completely. So no I don’t think what you’re asking for will be addressed in the nex patch. It’s a new dungeon like Port Valbury that’s all. Nothing’s likely to change for any of the other content except what Zantai has already spoken about.

3 Likes

i though crate had made a comparison thread of fg’s content size compared to base game and AoM. fg has the smallest content (but can be considered the biggest if you include sr’s impossible levels and the upcoming updates) iirc

edit: i guess we have found a new way to have zantai pay attention to us immediately. just yell “FG’s content is SHORT!”

as much as i love FG (particularly the ending which is truly epic) it doesn’t have vast areas like Ugdenbog (maybe the only area of the game where you can truly lost yourself at first) or even Malmouth City. I also find some riftgates too close one from each other, which makes the areas feel even shorter.
like i said i love both xpacs so i’m not complaining there, but i can see where this particular critic come from.

2 Likes

I think it’s understandable really. People tend to forget that Ashes of Malmouth is 2 “Acts” in size (with Ekket’Zul being the midpoint I believe) whereas Forgotten Gods is closer to 1.

Forgotten God’s story act is shorter because development time had to come from somewhere and go towards the Shattered Realm.

The preview for next patch looks beautiful :+1:

I wasn’t expecting nearly this amount of new items added, now I’m excited for the new possibilities next update.

1 Like

the rift gates gaps is what is immersion breaking since when u look at the map it looks like its a vast continent but feels like all areas are stone throw away from each other lol and u dont get the impression of traveling long distance😅

cant wait for the patch nonetheless

I already said this in the viewpoint of the non SR lovers like myself but well you still got a point. anyway zentai always roars for moar so I can feel that this patch will be best ever far bigger and better than Poor Lagbury. Oh Wait your a praetorian in disguise I bet you already know this all along and testing this patch for weeks already so stop playing like its a mini patch :sweat_smile::+1:

This sounds less like a patch and more like an expansion of the expansion. Can’t wait!

With this story I have two ideas… 1 maybe more ring slots, of course not gonna happen and 2 maybe next inventor thing of combining few items together as one, like 7 rings together on a single armor… or maybe a set of rings that combines into 1 ring. not just 1 big one but gather all seven and option to make as one?
it’s an idea…

In the spirit of MOAR, this has been amended.

You can now look forward to 18 new Legendary items, some of which will be found outside of the new roguelike dungeon!

26 Likes

Grim Dawn version 4.1.2.0 will have vast stretches of desert added to FG, as well as new mounts and an updated price of $24.95 to compensate for the larger landscape.

7 Likes

So 15 within and 3 outside of the new dungeon. Nice.

This sounds awesome

Are you trying to tell that you’re making totally normal helmets? :scorv:

1 Like

Yea I’m sure people are feeling nostalgic for some Titan Quest Pyramids.

3 Likes

The staggering amount of time Crate took to develop this patch is nothing short of amazing that it feels like we are getting xpac 3 quality content . No one of us would expect a half baked short update. We expect a different unique BIG dungeon that dwarfs Port Valbury to shame. We can expect unique looking enemies with totally new fx skill sets. There is absolutley no excuse especially the final boss to be a reskin edition of normal mobs like what we are getting from the current rogue dungeons. The amount of money Crate makes from copies sold up to this point has clearly made them millionaires that they dont bother releasing Triple A quality content for free.

This.

Crate could’ve called it a day after AoM but since we’re “keeping the candle lit”, they’re dedicating a decent portion of their resources to continue delivering us new content.

We should be grateful IMO.

• GL on your city-builder Crate (even though it’s def not my genre but I appreciate the need to “spread your wings”)

… If it’s Impression Games level quality, you’ve got my money at the blink of an eye. But, those are the dreams of an old man heh

3 Likes

new achievements looks sweet. Anyone want to post here and spoil? I should have avoided reddit though, I bet not being spoiled is MOAR fun?

2 Likes

You might want to add a spoiler blur to that image, dude.

1 Like

Well, anyone can see them if they look at the achievements on Steam.