Grim Misadventure #166 - Corrupted Wealth

Thank you Crate. Have a wonderful holiday season.:christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

MOAR ? Do you mean Multiplayer Online Action RPG ? ^^’

Thanks Crate, keep spreading the love!!

People when Patch 1.1.5.0 arrived like: The Game is finally done, though we wanted to have MOAR.
el_critico when Patch 1.1.5.0 arrived like: The Game is pretty much abandoned and Dead now.
Crate with the next misadventure after Patch 1.1.5.0 arrived like:

/Edit:
Amazing Crate, you still surprise is with such great Work. Can’t wait to hunt for these Totems now!

3 Likes

The monster totem has an aether crystal on top. That could mean the totem is area based (for example areas conquered by aetherials have a totem with aether crystal) or that the totem requires an aether crystal (or shard) to activate

Exactly what I thought when I saw the picture called shrine_totem_aether1 :wink:

:eyes: I didn’t check the name omg

Reminds me of Diablo 1’s player character Aidan who would later on become Diablo (technically, he became the vessel) in Diablo 2.

I would love that homage if Crate does go that route for GD2, but I hope they’ll be more creative than that with the lore.

that theme of main hero falling into derpness and become main villain in the sequel is done to death. aidan/dark wanderer, the alchemist of torchlight (why he isn’t given a name is just dumb), arthas of warcraft, etc.
imo in gd 2 the taken should became hollow figure like dark souls’ many fallen gods. the taken should be given many complicated quests and requirements to meet them and battle them. or even just ignore them. dark souls 2’s hollowed king vendrick wandering aimlessly in his throne room while we steal his treasures and escape without battling him is a memorable moment for me,. because we can pity king vendrick and left them in peace or just straight up farm him for lootz. kinda like ignoring priscilla in painted world of ariamis which has many amazingly kind inhabitants.
or just make the taken a major leader for the main human faction, but we will eventually come into conflict with them for their decisions (not necessarily deadly, perhaps just heated arguments, or a duel to decide who’s better).
whatever decision crate will make for the taken in gd 2, they must be given respect they deserve.
the%20taken
the gallows is the symbol of the taken’s birth. will it be their final fate as well? dreeg says the taken’s fate has been sealed. and they merely play their part for what is to come.

1 Like

Excellent. Now just give me affix rerolling so I don’t want to punch a hole in my monitor when I try to farm an MI through 2000 layers of RNG bullshit that makes gacha game drop rates seem sane in comparison. :smirk:

i hope i can be here at 1/13/2020 so i can see the totem in game also the Armor of the Eternal Night is the best set you ever made hope i see you in 1/13/20 its a 50-50 mb turkey will start a war with greece cu soon ^^

Uff excellent!!! When i though that with the definitive edition grim dawn will end, theres more to come​:smile::+1:thats very nice. I like this game a lot.

1 Like

With that last wink I had a vision … The third expansion and tenth mastery!!!

4 Likes

If we’re talking them putting enough additional dev time into GD to justify paid DLC, I wouldn’t mind more story content (for example more quests in early Act 4 / mid Act 7 or a new area), but a tenth mastery is just an insane request at this point. It would be 9 more mastery combinations and who knows how many more gear updates to balance around. I’d rather them spend that time on a new game or for GD: new story content, new features, or bringing some under-supported skills or under-performing sets/devotions up to par (TBH, they’re still doing that now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This new totem feature sounds wonderful, thank you!

1 Like

:astonished: !
Crate so deserves the Labour of Love reward from steam

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: El-critico’s Whine Corner

Any chance that Soulthief finally gets an Empowered/Mythical version? I actually like the weapon and it would fill the void left by the lack of elemental damage 1 handers.

I’m looking forward for the next update. Honestly I find it quite insane that this game keeps changing and is still receiving free content updates almost 4 years after its release. Kudos to everyone at Crate. <3

3 Likes

This is awesome. I made a post about wanting repeatable shrines some time ago but this is even better. Monster Totems also indirectly buff Nemesis and MI hunting. Love it.
No regrets about purchasing the loyalist packs. :smiley:

Yes, agree. And I voted for them