Grim Misadventure #167 - A Look Back at 2019

I like your thinking.

8 Likes

and when the taken steps into the dragonbone bridge, suddenly the dragonbone revived instantly into a living dragon, who then isekai’d the taken into a pocket dimension filled with forgotten dragons and their subjects.

2 Likes

the horde of dragon asses strikes again

wonder how grim misadventure - a look back at 2020 would be.

i hope it won’t be like this:

crate: let’s go down memory lane and see all that 2020 brought us! 2020 saw the release of monster totem challenges and their special exclusive items! we also repaired a lot of bridges around cairn! that’s it.

Well, all being well it might also include “We finally released the Xbox version of the game to great acclaim. A 3rd Loyalist Pack was released in X. And here’s some more tipbits about the current project I’m working on that will be of interest GD fans.”

2 Likes

I’m generally not one to speculate but if we take into account that Grim Dawn is probably slowing down and while full blown throw stuff at us updates will start being less, in 2019 we saw a DLC release, a loyalist pack, TW0 MASSIVE updates with some serious game changing balance stuff, I’ll bet if there is no DLC to do this year, we’ll see a big surprise in spring and one in the fall as well as a potentially another loyalist pack (I’d keep buying these as long as they put them out). Plus the aforementioned more detailed reveal (but maybe not exactly what it is) they’re working on behind close doors, I think 2020 is going to be very, very sweet indeed for Cairn.

4 Likes

on a serious note : seriously we need a serious final mini dlc for a serious start on serious decade.

2 Likes

I just had a nasty thought about that bridge. What if we get to repair it, but aren’t allowed to cross it. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That’d be the most :zantai: thing

3 Likes

Since there are slim chances for the 3rd expansion, it is possible to add another game mode in the form of a nephalis rift like DIII? I’d rather collect loot on a regular basis during the game. Greetings to the entire :crate: team you are awesome!

Isn’t that what the Shattered Realm is already?

3 Likes

It reminds me more of greater rifts. Are there any mods?

Plenty of mods for GD, but I don’t think any have more rifts in them.

1 Like

Forgive me for recycling old pic of mine (double-dipping on the :heart: :heart: ) but reminds me of the talk of finally getting to build a bridge south of Devil’s Crossing to try accessing Old Grove, only to run into…

Zantai’s cart blockade :zantai:

6 Likes

Not pictured in this image: miles and miles of fully aetherfire-covered ground.

2 Likes

fixing that damn southern bridge will be the crowning achievment of Cairn’s rich History! Whether it will happen in our lifetime is another story. :expressionless:

4 Likes
But hey, at least we'd get bingo!

3 Likes

True Ceno, true. :rofl:

what if we can repair it, then suddenly it crashed right before our very eyes. then we can repair it again, but with more expensive costs. but it will crash again, repeatedly. until somebody mine the bridge data then found out that there’s nothing to be gained from repairing the bridge over and over.

suddenly, miyazaki from dark souls offer you a pendant filled with fond memories.

2 Likes

I don’t know why they don’t consider strictly some more content DLC that heads south from DC.

It can be viewed more like a “content” loyalists pack. Then they wouldn’t need to add new classes, systems, etc. But we could get more content and they can generate more revenue.