Grim Misadventure #173 - Onwards into the Shattering

Yessssssss more frosty areas.

1 Like

Wait a minute though… the new snowy areas are only in Shattered Realm though… right?

Yes, just SR.

1 Like

Oh well, still awesome!

I was just snooping the forums after a long time away from GD thinking “what is up with GD these days”. Nice to see the game still alive and well!

I have not played since January, after 1639hrs pretty much non-stop I needed a break. I adventured far and wide and completed most of the things I wanted to do other than beating that secret boss in the Desert on my level 100 Oathkeeper (Yes, FULL Oathkeeper).

It got to the point I had to do too much research and thinking to find the newest hardest areas and some was just above my skill level as a SSF character with a semi unique build. But I can say I have more hours of FUN in Grim Dawn than D3 (1500hrs of GRIND) and also more than FFXI Online (1500hrs)

I think when I get to that point and realize I am at 1500 hrs in a game I question what am I doing with my life but the hours on Grim Dawn were spent having fun not chasing it. I do not regret the time only wish that it did not pass by so quickly. If I come back and start a new hero I could spend another 500-1000hrs crafting my ultimate kit.

Thank you Grim Dawn and dev’s.

7 Likes

Posting this here because it fits.

I like that circular necropolis-pit area… it was in one of the Ch’thonic rifts I think, always looked like the whole area is warped and descending into nothingness. The last area’s entrance before the Malthael bossfight in D3 looked similar too, I like these warped designs. I see there are Yugol tentacles down there now!

1 Like

so… will celestial crate make a new appearance with gazer-like abilities?

i can’t wait to meet more former inhabitants (or their ruins) of ralyoth in shattered realm. maybe they’re still whole & not fully shattered? also wonder what happens to their forgotten divine who ragequit like ulzuin.

Since Z’s avatar is an eye clearly we get to express our discontent (/s) to the Nerf-Bringer himself.

Hmm, I was hoping we’d get a little more information about what you teased to us before 1.1.8.0 came out:

Spoilers though not really since it's in another thread

tagGDX2HeadD222=Shattered Realm Ceremonial Mask
tagGDX2HeadD223=Veilkeeper’s Mask
tagGDX2HeadD224=Goredrinker’s Mask
tagGDX2HeadD225=Mask of Ember’s Calling

tagGDX2ShoulderD220=Shattered Realm Ceremonial Mantle
tagGDX2ShoulderD221=Veilkeeper’s Mantle
tagGDX2ShoulderD222=Goredrinker’s Mantle
tagGDX2ShoulderD223=Mantle of Ember’s Calling

tagGDX2TorsoD220=Shattered Realm Ceremonial Armor
tagGDX2TorsoD221=Veilkeeper’s Armor
tagGDX2TorsoD222=Goredrinker’s Armor
tagGDX2TorsoD223=Armor of Ember’s Calling

tagGDX2NecklaceD215=Goredrinker’s Ward

tagGDX2MedalD210=Veilkeeper’s Crest
tagGDX2MedalD211=Crest of Ember’s Calling

tagGDX2ItemSkillD263Name=Keeper of the Veil
tagGDX2ItemSkillD263Desc=You are filled with resolute purpose fueled by the shattered realm’s unstable energies.

Do want to see what MOAR is in store. Even MOAR equipment?

MOAR is coming for Grim Dawn? Yes!

NOOOO you’re killing me here! I can’t wait 10 weeks. I need my fix, man!

I honestly love the graphical style. Especially all the castles, outsides and insides, amazing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Eh, the new maps look great and all, but I am sceptical that adding them to the base game is sensible at this point. The side areas added in 1.1.8 do not provide any xp related rewards and are mostly end-game or gear related content; they are cool areas but why would I go to them during levelling?

SR is really bad for levelling post lvl 45, and before then you’d probably want to acquire devotions; so why would I do it?

There are already other areas which are not used particularly well, e.g void beneath blood grove. Common skip by players using xp pots and faction mandates, and only a stepping stone to a portion of end-game.

I think additional content should ideally cater to both xp/levelling and end-game/gear content, but I’d rather that the reward and incentive issues are ironed out before more content is added.

These areas are exclusive to SR, which falls into the end-game category.

i don’t mind getting more end tier content in vanilla side areas. because vanilla certainly needs them more compared to other expansion areas. though, more viable alternative levelling areas sounds like good idea too. the routes for those alternate levelling areas could be made to lead into new end game areas, giving rewards for both levellers & endgamers.

Respect! Any chance for a new super boss?

New worlds to conquer :smiley_cat:

I am totally hyped for the new areas, thanks for continously supporting this awesome game!

1 Like

Zantai said that there would be little something we need to pick in the new area when the bridge of Twin falls is fixed and i tough it will be some component needed to unlock new super boss but i guess thats not the case at least for now…

You are awesome, guys! Will there be another Loyalist Pack to support you further? I would be glad to do so!

2 Likes