Grim Misadventure #175 - A Look Back at 2020

Reg. 3rd Expansion, I think they’d be willing to make it and I think, from what I read in the Forums, they also have a lot of ideas. Not sure, if they WANT to make it. I’d say, they should, because to be honest, I’d rather see a Third Expansion to an established idea than a NEW game to an established Idea… Another ARPG from Crate should/could be placed in a totally different Fantasyworld setting, as different and as new as GD was. That would give the freedom needed to be even more creative.

Reg. the City Builder… not sure what to expect, but as a 4X Fan and also as a Fan of the Anno Series… I am at least curious.

1 Like

I would love to get a third extension. I’ve played Last Epoch, PoE, Wolcen but it’s all for nothing. GD has stolen my heart. City Builder doesn’t interest me, but I’ll still buy because I respect Crate a lot :hearts:!

2 Likes

Crate have made it clear for a long time now that there’ll be no more expansions for the game. The possible storylines they’ve mentioned they could possibly pursue they’ve also said would be better as a sequel. They’ve also made it clear they’re feeling somewhat burnt out on ARPG’s atm and what to try other things. Plus Medierra, head honcho at Crate, believes they need a broad range of games in their portfolio rather than relying on the one franchise.

2 Likes

none of these games are fully finished, are they? Have you played a german Classic, Sacred (Underworld), when it came out? I loved the game and the setting…

Last Epoch is still in early access and has potential. Wolcen is a misunderstanding with nice graphics. I played Sacred and have fond memories of the game.

I think it is high time to get over it. Although it is very hard.

Get over what?

I remember your sermon very well, no need to repeat it here.

I agree on that, strategically it’s the right approach.

Even if there are no more expansions, a new Grim Adventure Series could possibly be created. Not necc. now, of course, as they are still ironing out bugs and balance etc.

Skyrim had additional official content (even if made by Modders) 8 years after release.

Let the people dream. It might inspire.

Crate have never said they wouldn’t possibly do a GD2 or another ARPG, but if/when that may happen only they know.

Sacred was my first ARPG and, until Grim Dawn, the only one. When the setting is standard, as with most other ARPGs I don’t even care, but those two where different.

And I will allways love the digusting Aetherials in Grim Dawn ggg

1 Like

I feel like we got spoiled with GD. Honestly, I feel like the game is a huge bargain and I paid less than I should have. (I bought the game regular price) Crate can do whatever they want; the game is complete and will be a staple in my library for years to come. If they feel burnt out and want to try their hand at a City builder, let them. They have my money and support.

That being said; a GD II would be insane. Which also ties into the fact that they need a break from the RPG genre: they need to preserve the quality they are capable of.

3 Likes

I reset game again, I’m excited to play it from start to finish with final version.

1 Like

yer gunna be disappointed when 1.1.9.2 rolls around then

3 Likes

Just like you can never be safe on Hardcore no matter your stats,
you should always be ready for a potential nerf to your build.
:crate: gives us an important life lesson that things always change:

2 Likes

asdfasfd

lol damnit!

2 Likes

And we don’t even know the actual final update, so it might take a while before it gets there. lol

And the Xbox release (whenever it happens) will probably revive interest in GD too!

Does anyone know if :crate: has plans to release Loyalist Items Pack 3?

probably not any time soon, Z said this recently

1 Like