Grim Misadventure #176 - So the New Thing

Any update on when we can play public test? Im too excited and I’ll sleep better knowing :sleeping: lol

already doable

*just doesn’t have green poison fx ofc

When there is it’ll be posted down in the Public Test Discussion section of the forum as usual.

2 Likes

Yes, but let’s get that nice green AAR beam! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

you have the PFX editor right there in your game folder
:grin:

Okay thank you. Will keep checking there.

1 Like

Would just be supercool if there is an official support with the AAR-Colors. Not everyone is a modder. :slight_smile: It is just my wife’s dream to have every single color. Official color. Lads, this game brought us together nearly a century ago. So please… make it happen. :blush:

1 Like

Could you relent on the SR-exclusive items and made them also Ultimate-only? I – and plenty of others – don’t particularly like the game play of SR. (Like at all.)

Full stop. I don’t want this at all. Why does the update change the core mechanics of the game, instead of enhancing them? Watering down skills is not what I want, if I did I would be playing one of the modern Diablo games.

Only thing I would truly wish is for a couple more stash tabs, lets say double it. I do know there are stash mods. But many of us(only me?!) play on 2 computers, so steam cloud save is kind of a must for a decent experience, without having to manually keep transferring files and shit. So stash mods are out of the question. Making double stash tabs, would negate the mule necessity quite significantly. And would be a huge improvement!
Also speaking about it from game design perspective, we started the game with 5 stash tabs in original GD, and I could see it then, because there weren’t that many gear options. But now with 2 more expansion packs, there’s too much items people might wanna collect. Just think of all the sets.
And yes, I know it’s been said it won’t be done - but i felt the need to ask one last time(or last time before we get another chance before some other big patch)

That said - the 10 that Zantai keeps posting in reddit, if it means a new mastery is also another thing i would definitely want haha

In what way is this watering down the game?

6 Likes

Thank you Zantai and the Crate team for still supporting the game. I wonder if Grim Dawn will ever have a shapeshifting class…

No. This has been asked for several times. The tech doesn’t support it, IIRC.

Also no more new masteries as it takes time to make it, all the combos, and the itemization.

1 Like

Also devs said long ago that there’d be no new masteries without a new expansion and far as we know FG is the last one.

Still … :thinking:

4 Likes

It kinda turns auras into glorified passive skills :man_shrugging:

Not like they weren’t glorified passive skills before, but still.

By making it so you can reach lvl 100 on normal, you are removing a massive incentive to play the game on the higher tiers. You already have items in the game to let players do this. You will be watering the game down by making them meaningless, making elite meaningless, & by turning ultimate into basically Veteran +. The difficulty change makes the three difficulty’s less meaningful, we are already seeing other players asking for you to remove them. You can already reach like 80+ on normal by playing the main game & its two expansions. So why force the changes onto everyone? Why not make a veteran like setting that just enables this?

As for the toggle skills being removed, you are literally watering down skills by making them cost nothing. You are always nerfing skills you deem to powerful in a singleplayer game, & are now buffing toggle skills to an absurd level by removing the players need to remember to activate them & to make them use no energy. They have no cost now.

If your only incentive to play higher difficulties was hitting 100, then that is a pretty poor reason to keep playing anyway. I would argue the motivation is the challenge, the higher drop rates, the unique Ultimate only items, the secret bosses…but that’s just me.

The difficulties are already veil thin with the massive amount of content the game has. Merits in Forgotten Gods have made playing on anything below Ultimate after your first character kind of moot.

Meanwhile there are players that just want to take it easy on Normal. They don’t care about the challenges or endgame or any of that. In what way does it hurt you to let them have fun? Because last I checked, this has 0 impact on the endgame.

Yes, the already basically-passive toggled skills are going to cut the bullshit and be passive. No need to have a second skill bar of auras to toggle every time you start a new session or resurrect. I fail to see how that required any measure of skill. It was quite simply an inconvenience at best and an annoyance at worst.

And yes, because they are now permanently toggled, it made no sense for them to have energy costs anymore. A trivial change counteracted by increased energy costs on certain abilities and a reduction to Energy Regeneration from some Devotions.

12 Likes

C’mon dude, the biggest (and frankly, only) incentive to progress to higher difficulties is the increased chance of better items dropping. This will remain the same after this change.

I like the changes. Also, I know I should not get too hyped about a potential expansion, as I know I should not expect a full one like AoM or FG, yet here I am being all excited and hoping anyways :smiley:

When I saw this, this was my thought process:

1. New expansion! Wait, they said hard “no” on this topic.
  2. Maybe they’ve got permission to add map content from Season mod. Naah, it’s too good to be true.
  3. So the last option is 6th rogue dungeon.

I mean when looking at dungeon themes:

1. Steps of Torment - crypts/catacombs
  2. Bastion of Chaos - void/“hell”
  3. Port Valbury - aether
  4. Ancient Grove - forest/jungle
  5. Tomb of the Heretic - desert
  6. ??? - snow

Fingers crossed! :smiley:

4 Likes