Grim Misadventure #176 - So the New Thing

1 Like

That’s great news!

Thats… great news of all things? I think 5 seconds is absurdly long and i certainly didnt expect that, but that’s why we have PTR. I’m personally 100% sure it will be nerfed though. Anything over 3 sec should feel really bad.

I think 5 seconds is the bare minimum. Anything shorter than that removes the challenge from Arcanes

Yeah, I also think 5 seconds is a bit long maybe
Then again, I never actually counted how long it takes me to reapply my buffs
I’m pretty sure the sweet spot will be found during testing

The ability to autorecast auras is what removes “challenge” from arcanes. Just running away for 5 seconds isn’t any more challenging than just running away for 3.

1 Like

Arcanes would be a challenge if their nullification would be clearly telegraphed and could be dodged. Otherwise they’re just an annoyance.

1 Like

Well, it is telegraphed, and it can be dogded.

5 sec is too long in a already hectic situation when nulled imo.
U either die fairly quickly when it happens or if not u switched to ur buff bar and reapplied auras which didnt take a wooping 5 sec if ur quick & toon wasnt using a crazy amount of auras/buffs

1 Like

5 seconds is usually just about longer than it takes Loxmere to catch up to me again…

In campaign I think 5 seconds is fine. Makes people aware of their defenses (or lack of).

And if you saw on discord Zantai showed a pic where the Arcane heroes are going to have a symbol over them to make it pretty clear.

Zantai is just building up to the big bombshell, what “10” rly means xD

1 Like

10 minute nullifcation! :scream: 45 minute cooldown before you can apply auras/buffs again!

8 Likes

Sir! I’m a big strong guy, yet today I come up to you with tears in my eyes, to thank everyone at Crate for all the hard work. You really did exceed all my expectations with the announcement of the 3rd expansion and 10th mastery. Grim Dawn is the gift that keeps on giving. :face_holding_back_tears:

10 Likes

Well, I wasn’t expecting this.

1 Like
  • Olexra’s Flash Freeze: added % Freeze Resist Reduction scaling with rank, up to -40% by rank 12

Mageslayer set freeze RR was reduced to 40%
skill itself got an inbuild freeze RR of 40%
So we can freeze enemies now - mageslayer way - without the set? … O…O

Can’t believe they announced even more fashion.

So I should sell all potions and stop selling epics now before 1.2?

Well, v1.2 will be in playtesting for a while so just carry on as normal for the time being. When you see the patch notes go live then is the time to sell potions if you want to, but make sure to turn auto updates off in Steam/GOG so you can do that before installing the new patch.

epic and rare sale prices are halved again in exchange for a paltry increase in iron bits found (at least on totems). Potion sales are the least of your worries.

2 Likes

I know it’s chicken feed but no point not selling them if they are just going to be deleted… (was my thought) - and with epics now having the option of ‘awakening’ they may randomly turn out to be better than other options?