Grim Misadventure #176 - So the New Thing

Can you present an example? I’m curious.

Yes, but automatically - that’s what I meant by “auto-toggle”.

That’s what I have to do manually now, but there are three problems with that

• I have to copy the other shortcuts in the 2nd quickslot bar
  • each time I switch weapon, I have to switch the quickslot bar (which often result in my missing a step and ending up with the wrong bar)
  • the other quickslot bar is used for that, instead of being available for something else

If it could switch automatically, it would improve a little bit.

What would really be much better, actually, is a more generic shortcut like “weapon skill” (perhaps skill #1 and #2 if several are possible). It would automatically adapt to the current weapon, without having to remap the slots.

I also have a question - how this will work with Skeletons, for which we can’t change the behavior? Will they be more aggressive?

2 Likes
  1. You need test several buffs.
  2. You need compare on/off buff effect
  3. You need spend your weekend to calculate elemental conversion priority order. :laughing:

Very nice! :+1:

That “snow variety picture”… By any chance, could we get a new Super Celestial boss fight with Amatok himself there? :thinking: Like, a reconstruction of Amatok devotion lore. First phase - we fight against a humanoid who casts pretty dangerous Cold spells at range, conjures blizzards around himself and ice shards from the sky, with some nasty debuffs (like, in melee you are gradually slowed down until freezing completely and receiving more damage) so that you have to warm up at random spots and not just facetank. At the second phase, though… Amatok becomes a gigantic Kuba-like monstrosity and goes melee rampage, with ice breaths, stomps and freezing abilities against ranged characters. So that Cold Resistance and especially %Reduced Freeze Duration become crucial. The reward could be a helmet (Amatok’s Chilling Gaze) or an amulet (Amatok’s Ever-Frost, something like that), +1 to All Skills, %Reduced Freeze Res, other stats (up to devs), with a spell (active or an aura) that casts a blizzard around you (like a famous Druid spell from Diablo 2).

What do you think guys? Am I expecting too much and this is a material for GD2 at minimum? :cold_face:

1 Like

I don’t remember how much I pledged during the kickstarter, but I’m confident it is/was the best purchase I have ever made. period. :smiley: You guys are madlads and spoil us too much, no wonder I’m struggling to enjoy other arpgs xD

3 Likes

Skeletons only have one stance and it’s already comparable to aggressive on other pets.

2 Likes

I mean, the Z man has a point. If a boss now has 60% chance to drop its MI, bumping it to 100% means you need to do one run instead of two to get it. Not a big difference.

What is significant is the time delay between an Arcane mob nullifying you, and your buffs automatically going up again. I think 2 seconds is too short. 4 or 5 seem much better - it means there will be a significant threat to the player, which is the point of Arcanes.

will these be coming to xbox?
if so is there any part of it that wont be?

Will pet stance be saved per character or is it universal?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, it’ll all be coming to Xbox far as I know. Why wouldn’t it?

awesome will they be coming in 2023

That may depend on Xbox, but I’m sure the devs will get the patch out as soon as they can.

Looks stellar - any thought to the speedup options from GI? Personally find the game much more enjoyable at 3x speed. Never used the boss teleports since running the proper routes is worth, albeit at the faster 3x pace. Thanks for all that you do.

Crate you guys are amazing! I hope the Loyalist Items Pack 3 comes along with the update! Give me the opportunity to give you my money :money_with_wings:!

3 Likes

Any plans for Speedup option in GI?

1 Like

Thank you very much Crate Team. Still updating GD is awesome and makes a great game even better :grinning:

@Zantai
Sad to see there won’t be any options to speed up the character’s movement, not even by console command. I’d link it to mobs’ so those are increased as well thus making it balanced. I always increase the game’s speed but that comes with a bunch of janky side effects.

Thanks for increasing the MI drops. Any change that makes looting/grinding a bit more palatable is very welcomed for those of us who have a life outside Grim Dawn.

I concur with a unified difficulty experience, maybe by merging Veteran into Normal and sacking Elite. The less play-throughs, the better. If that’s not possible, then it would be nice to at least award skill/attribute points for the current difficulty and any other below it at the moment the quest is completed.

@Zantai
You seem in quite an answering mood :slight_smile: , so I’ll try my luck repeating:

GrimCam is not in your list though. Won`t something similar be included in 1.2?