Grim Misadventure #183 - Ascension

I feel like the community agrees that they will pay more to get beaten by Crate E.

4 Likes

Let’s effin’ goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

1 Like

This is truly phenomenal, if this is the last expedition it will close with a golden key, I foresee a great and wonderful revolution.

4 Likes

I don’t know how much you can say here, but can this also happen to double rare items to make one potentially ascend?

Yes, you can get an Ascended Double Rare. They will have a loot boom and icon to help you catch them.

12 Likes

Thanks to the Ascension Altar being available on all difficulties, you will have the ability to enable any of the Ascendant mode’s mechanics even if you do not play in Ascendant Mode!

As someone that enjoys the leveling process much more than the endgame, thank you for this! Before reading this update the Ascendant Mode didn’t appeal to me, but now you have me interested.

5 Likes

Oh nice we’re finally getting universal acid to cold for melee nightblade blender builds.

Ulzuin’s chosen is now cappable as well. Neat.

lots of other cool shit, blah blah blah nems, blah blah totems, blah blah mode

I’m so excited for this xpac. Really hyped for all the changes.

loot changes, previously impossible items now possible

Told ya’ll my builds were realistic. Just not for this year

1 Like

Grim Doom is looking better and better.

2 Likes

Will Ascendant Mode change or enhance SR & Crucible? I think that would be very interesting. :wink:

Getting more hype every post I see.

1 Like

This is freaking INSANE!!!
Once again…not just pushing the genre ahead, but SHOVING it to a completely different level.
Well done!

2 Likes

You know it’s good, when halfway through reading you mutter to yourself out loud “Crate is amazing…”

4 Likes

Damn it! Just not another Kalagadra.

I’m fucking speechless, this looks incredible

1 Like

Yes, incredible new features.

Will the ascended properties be applied to common and yellow items also? Will they then turn into a green (rare) item automatically? Or can it also be part of the yellow items?

I always wondered if it is possible to somehow “upvalue” yellow items. Currently, they are entirely useless (aside from some early-level periods).
Maybe yellow items can be useful in their own right? Maybe by peaking in some properties better than those on rare items?

bloody hell. this is amazing.

1 Like

That poor cat in the shelter will have a hard time in 2025 when expansion is released… :person_tipping_hand:

1 Like

Jesus fuckin christ
parrot-rock-on

3 Likes

Grim Dawn became my favourite ARPG , i cant find better. Thank you for improving it and brining new game systems into it. Wish you all the best, guys!

6 Likes

I like 99% of the idea but for one detail: the fact that these ascended affixes can only roll in ascended mode. Up to this point, there was no limitation as to what game mode you have to play to get any loot in the game, barring a handful of Monster-specific items that you had to target-farm (Krieg set and such). But if Ascended items can provide conversions not readily available elsewhere, possibly on slots that don’t roll conversions at all (Pants, Boots), they’re gonna be highly desirable for some builds Limiting them to a single game mode seems fairly restrictive. I think it would be nice to at least give a small chance for Ascended items to drop in other modes as well. Have items in SR have a 5 % chance to drop as Ascended taking into account your affix biases set on the altar. Ascended mode would still be the more optimal way to get these items, but if you just really like Crucible or SR, you could still play it and get them, it’d just take a while.

1 Like