Grim Misadventure #185 - Howl Do You Do

My guess of the blurry picture on the left being a Werecrow was almost correct.
Should’ve guessed the other famous black bird.^^

1 Like

It’s probably coming from an item or relic if there’s only two forms for the class

Maybe they are the transmuted Chaos version of the -RR% pets the class was supposed to get? Kind of like the Scions of Dreeg vs the Guardians of Empyrion?

Am I confused or did I dream the class has a -RR% player-scaled pet? :thinking:

I need more caffeine I think…

Nothing misleading, methinks you took the wrong conclusions from it. :wink:

1 Like

I’m great! Howl are you!

This looks amazing, can’t wait to experiment with onslaught… For starters…

22 posts were split to a new topic: Rakso’s Berserker Whine Corner

How is this check done? What about War Cry, or people who use Word of Pain, Lethal Assault purely for RR/debuffs? Isn’t CoF technically an attack as well?
Is Cadence smart enough to not use onslaught stacks on the AA hits but only the big hit?

Can it be set for each skill to “use Onslaught” true/false? (Asking for a friend)

Questions, questions!

1 Like

That certainly is a possibility and fingers crossed you guessed correctly!

I don’t think there was any reason to think that Berserker will have pets (up until that wendigo tease :smiley: ). A shapeshifting mastery with new onslaught mechanic seems like brings already a lot, having pets on top would be just… MOAR? :smiley:

Not the first time I am connecting the wrong dots. Well, looking forward to the day when the wendigo pic mystery will be revealed. :smiley:

Thanks for sharing!

It needs to deal damage, have a cooldown, and not be a debuff.

2 Likes

To be honest, both Flames of Ignaffar and the Aether Ray have immediate effect, which leads a certain pace. I have builds for both and I enjoy them. The winds have the increasing effect, which at least in theory will result in longer standing. It might feel too stationary (like my hammerdin in Reign of Chaos mod) compared to the regular options. Gotta wait and see how it will feel in game.

2 Likes

Ah, cooldown is needed. Interesting, thanks. So war cry will count? Thats a shame. Ive got a hunch the %hp damage will be removed from war cry. Oh but all the modifiers!:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Not without damage modifiers.

1 Like

I’ll admit I was thinking of channeling the nova while something else is firing as well (I was imagining Ravenous Earth). Not so sure I particularly care for constant nova skills in general, though (certainly no interest in Eye of Reckoning). I generally like to actually aim. >>;

I HATE the fact that the northern barbarian has been copied so many times in so many RPGs, but it looks like that GD will take that class to its best, most perfect incarnation.

My usual RPG character is anything resembling an Assassin-Scout, so this may not be what i would use, but i would play any class that makes use of item-driven casting! :hushed:

Consider using it for a proc build

That ability seems like the ultimate crucible skill. I hope itll allow for some hybrid pet/caster setups, but while leveling being able to move generally is preferable I’d say.

Question is whether you expect to have to move every third of a second. I don’t know how long it takes for Winds to reach full power (two seconds? three? four?), or how long you’d need it to keep going to dispatch or at least cripple most popcorn enemies.

I was half right!

#halfcalledit

3 Likes

Side note, Zantai - with all the artwork in the media section (plus those in this Misadventure post) you have more than a dozen pictures ready to be used as an additional in-game loading screens. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Came for fur, but most excited about onslaught I think. Interested to see how werestats are managed to make it not an obvious choice/steroid for any non-wps based setup, at least when the RR matches up.

Anyway, game started development in 2010 iirc, was only a matter of time before we got players younger than the age of the game giving their “thoughts”

3 Likes