Channeling, Stationary, Pseudo-melee, Charges XD

Stand still for xyz seconds ability in an arpg ICANT Clueless. That has to be one of the worst skill concepts I’ve seen. Where Path of Exile 2 is removing doors and getting rid of cooldowns treating that as pace killers or lazy design, the other parties come up with nonsense like this. Aside from that everything else looks just okay/mid. Onslaught looks like it exists only to justify Judgment being usable. Speaking of which Winds of Asterkarn is just a worse judgment.

No thought there might be such a thing as too fast a pace? I know I can tell you that what I’ve heard about PoE Mk. I strikes me as definitely too fast-paced. Clearing a room in just one or two seconds, assuming that wasn’t hyperbole, doesn’t sound like a particularly substantive battle. It wouldn’t merit even a single page in a novelization that way. (I’d like time and reason to think at least a little, thank you.)

Not that I can tell whether you’re praising or dispraising cooldown removal in PoE2 (which part’s the “lazy”?). Besides, at least give them credit for a new conceit–especially given the previous commenter who’d hoped that was how Flames of Ignaffar would have worked. (And you stand still anyway for Flames of Ignaffar and Aether Ray, so what’s the new issue, again?)

Don’t feed the walking simulator stans

Who says FoA is going to have doors?

(Sarcasm)

I think they’re referring to PoE2 streamlining things.

(Figures that I thought you had simply made a mistake of subject. >>; )

1 Like

Movement skills and medal augments not interrupting channeling would help it immensely. A technology not quite there yet in the base game. Eye of Reckoning is always stopped by Vire’s Might for example. There is no continuum.

I’m assuming it’s clunky(due to the game being what it is) - hence my concerns with the idea. Would the game have a proper baseline (crowd control immunity being possible, movement skills not disabling the channelling, and tankyness nerfs like physical reistance, disgusting potions rework etc.). That said, so far it looks like bait. Also, since Judgment doesn’t one-shot screens despite being one of the longer cooldowns abilities in the game, this one also won’t - trust me. It’ll only result in pointless damage downtime slugfest and smashing your keyboard for a typical Grim Dawn andy who can’t dodge sunder when it hits him while he channels and kills them. Combo’ing Onslaught with it would be cool if the skill had a cooldown. (Yes it’s possible to make cooldown with chaneling, even 0,1 second), but will the devs bother to combine the two mechanics? Doesn’t matter though. In the end of the day you worry about DPS not DPH, since DPS has a direct correlation with great sustain, which DPH does not.

Who’d even want to one-shot screens ever…That would mean the challenge was undertuned.

I know I expect a “screen” to take at least nine seconds. Any less seems to result in my disappointment. No substance.

That could just be the baseline skill and perhaps there are item modifiers that allow it to stay active for a certain duration??

Just food for thought…

1 Like

A skill that one-shots a screen with a 5 seconds downtime of doing nothing is overtuned? How so. Anyways, I was talking about campaign environment and shattered realm in case you didn’t realise. Not Bosses or Celestials.

I really expect the popcorn enemies to have some substance, whatever the genre. A screen of popcorn ought to be equivalent to one or two mid-bosses, yes? Otherwise, non-bosses might as well not exist.

And this isn’t a Boss Game. (Certainly better not be.)

Basically, one-shotting a screen shouldn’t be a thing in any situation. I definitely can’t see how anyone gets fulfillment from that.

1 Like

Unfortunately the only way you make generator-spender system work, is by making the spender effective. The longer the time waste the stronger the impact. A super slog should result in giga one-shot.

People who want zoom-zoom games. Ultimate power fantasy is a thing in this genre.

>unironically typing in twitch brainrot

My condolences.

Also,
https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Flameblast

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter?

It’s ranged.

Melee was not referenced in your first post.

Also,

1 Like

The other screen-wide channeled AoE ability isn’t?
I don’t think standing still is that much of an issue, there’s already plenty skills which make you stand still in GD, they’re fine as they are. If you can’t use those, so be it but there’s a lot of people who do like them. This is just a version which doesn’t need aiming, the way I see it.

If you’re talking about Rakso, they’ve been here for at least three years–I definitely sighted posts from them in 2021.

People who want zoom-zoom games. Ultimate power fantasy is a thing in this genre.

It’s hard for me to imagine speeding through an experience and appreciation of the experience coexisting. (Whether we can blame this on my autism is probably unknowable.) And considering that I can’t see omnipotence and omnibenevolence existing in the same entity…well, you can probably see where that’s going. (Good thing omnipotence is never actually needed…)

Go and play cat and mouse with someone else. I know you’re not stupid and I don’t need to explain arpgs to you.

Only a handfull of people play the LE skill you posted. For that reason I’m giving feedback on it, so that it won’t end up like this. Garbage