Grim Misadventure #32: Nightblade Mastery Pt.2

Does this mean its movements are random or is there some sort of pattern to its movements?

Also why no mention of the flying ninja kick silhouette for Pneumatic Burst? Tease…

idk it looks more like a two handed weapon strike to me.

the skill description sounds to me a little bit like d2’s frozen orb, but I don’t think that its the way the skill will work :slight_smile:

I hope not too much as that was one of my favorite and eventually most hated skill for the sorceress. It went from “THIS IS AMAZING IT KILLS ALL THE THINGS!” to “…im so bored…” very quickly for me.

Im just curious if itll be one of those skills that is brutally amazing when it does what you want or ruins your day when it does a 90 degree turn and travels the opposite direction you need it to. I get a kick out of abusing myself using unpredictable skills on hc characters and just seeing how far they go before going bust.

Actually I was trying to uncover the “secret” for the other classes… but i guess if its there, its there. :wink:

Does Belgothian’s Shears and/or Execution require melee weapons or would that work with pistols?

Dual Wielding Techniques means 2 melee weapons. Dual wielding Pistols is in the works but it is unknown if that ability will be reserved with an expansion class, or make it’s way somehow in the Demolitionist Mastery (which I believe is being looked at).

Dang. Interest in Nightblade Mastery fading…

Stuffing dual pistol wielding into an existing mastery sounds like it would be a balancing nightmare. I’m guessing I won’t be playing my dual wielding Roland Deschain of Gilead type character any time soon.

Dual pistols is something TQ did not have, I hope it will make it into beta or final version, expansions may take awhile to develop (1 year or more?)

I believe it will move like a pet or a summoned creature, attacking, tracking and targetting all nearby ennemies.

If it is alive, I wonder if it will be affected by +% pet damage or +% pet movement speed…

From what med posted earlier, they consider pistol dualwield a Kickstarter promise for release, and they don’t want to break the promise. But since the gunslinger class isn’t going to be in release (but only the expansion) - they will probably have to add gun dualwield to the demo and live through that balancing nightmare.

As much as I want to play my Roland Deschain of Gilead type character, I’d rather they push that off to the expansion than try to shoehorn dual wielding pistols into a mastery that it doesn’t really belong in (which semi-contradicts my earlier post, I’m unpredictable like that). And, honestly, it doesn’t really look like it belongs into any of the existing masteries. Crate can make up for it by making the 2 handed melee weapons EXTRA SAVAGE. We’re still getting those at some point, right?

2 handed weapons are coming, no idea when, but they are, would be cool, especially if they do a lot of damage, but their attack speed is probably going to be a bit slower, so there is a lot coming, and this new class really does look great.

Me too, but I don’t think that’s possible.

People who pledged for one of the lower tiers which do not include the expansion would then suddenly have to pay extra (buy the expansion) to get something they were promised as reward with their tier. Doing that is out of the question.

If it was just a pure delay and no extra-cost included, it might have been possible.

seems that DW pistols was a stretch goal, but not sure if that would apply to the core game or expansion? I know from the stretch goals they did unlock a great deal, but wondering how much of that will be available in the core game at the very start? but then again, some may say, it applies to the core game, I’m not so sure. but who knows.

They might make a temporary solution for the dual wielding pistols merely to showcase them like have the skill ability to dual wield actually be on one pistol so you can equip another.

Otherwise we’ll just have to wait and see what they do about this little issue.

I just hope the lower damage on 2-handed weapons is more than what you get on slow 1-handed weapons now.

For me, it’s no choice between a “very fast” 1-handed that does 14-17 damage and a “slow” or “fast” weapon that does 3-40 damage. I wish the slower 1-handed weapons had a minimum damage of 10.

looks real good, but is it just me or does nightblade have so much more skill slots than the other masteries? either way, cant wait to try it

Nightlbade has more skill slots but that doesn’t mean that it will take the same amount of skill points to fill all of them.

I think a number of those skills will have a max of 8 skill points.

Once the beta comes out we’ll get a better idea on how the Nightblade plays out.

And also was there not talk of adding some skills to existing masteries still? Or am I just being crazy…