Grim Misadventure #32: Nightblade Mastery Pt.2

Welcome back! Today, we will conclude our Nightblade reveal, the fourth mastery coming your way with the Beta release. If you have missed the first part, you can read it here.

The Nightblade Mastery

Two weeks ago, we covered some of the low level skills available to master assassins. Now we will delve into some of the ultimate tricks within the Nightblade’s arsenal.

Blade Barrier
“For a master Nightblade, Belgothian was rumored to lack fine control of his conjuring; but he had the unremitting willpower to summon so many blades that they would form an impenetrable shield surrounding him, giving him a moment of respite from his foes.”

Blade Barrier can be considered a last ditch defense when the Nightblade finds himself surrounded. This illusion surrounds the Nightblade with a swirling whirlwind of phantasmal blades, deflecting all incoming blows and reflecting some of the damage that would otherwise be inflicted, but it also immobilizes the Nightblade for its duration. When used with great care, this can prove to be a very deadly tactic.

Blade Spirit
“Conjure a swirling cloud of lethal blades that will roam the battlefield, slicing enemies to pieces before finally expiring in a shower of jagged shards.”

Blade Spirit is the ultimate illusion employed by the Nightblades, conjuring a deadly cloud of phantasmal blades which moves around the battlefield as if alive. Any enemy unfortunate enough to be near the Blade Spirit will be shredded by thousands of small cuts. When the conjuring expires, the Blade Spirit bursts into a ring of deadly shrapnel, inflicting great pain upon any unfortunate survivors. Highly trained Nightblades can maintain multiples of these illusions at once, though the energy cost is great.

Anatomy of Murder
“Knowledge prized by royal assassins, the extensive study of anatomy familiarizes you with all of the most vulnerable and damaging locations in which to slide a blade.”

Nightblades were once assassins by trade, and their training reflects that. This passive provides an increase to cunning, bleed damage and all damage inflicted upon human targets.

Execution
“A merciless blow, struck during a moment of opportunity, with the intent to quickly finish a foe. Those that survive are not likely to remain alive very long. This is a dual-wielding technique.”

Execution is the ultimate dual-wielding technique employed by Nightblades. This attack inflicts immense physical pain capable of decapitating all but the toughest foes in a single strike. Those that survive though are left in shambles, their resistances shattered.

And that’s the Nightblade mastery! You can look forward to trying out this mastery, along with its hybrid options, when we launch beta, available to Pioneer supporters and above. You can look forward to another update on 10/28/13!

Attachment: Anatomy of Murder.jpg
Attachment: Blade Barrier.jpg
Attachment: Blade Spirit.jpg
Attachment: Execution.jpg

Great Skills!! I know this character will be my favorite!

Awesome! Does execution means we are going to see dual wielding in beta?

I thought that “secret” was given away with Belgothian’s Shears. :rolleyes:

Belgothian’s Shears
“The brawny Belgothian was an anomaly among the lithe Nightblade masters, but he exceeded them all in raw power. Leveraging his strength in direct but lethal attacks like the shears, Belgothian could often finish an enemy in a single move. This is a dual-wielding technique.”

This martial technique is a brutal attack on nearby enemies intended to cause intense physical trauma. As it lacks the finesse of some of the more refined Nightblade methods, this skill augments physical damage rather than piercing damage, making it reliable regardless of your weapon choice.

could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure the NB is a weapon duel wielder? :smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhjs3ruplQg

Papercut would approve of Blade Spirit.

Great, great, great! This is the most awesome class yet (in my opinion, anyway) :cool: I really can’t wait to play it.

nice update.between what will be the cap level on beta???

So, we got still no idea if this:

is the left-mouse-button skill we have been looking for in the other thread :slight_smile:

probably might be kept a secret close to the devs’ chests, they don’t want to spoil everything you know;)

I think they just like to have us speculating :stuck_out_tongue: by discussing this in the other thread, we made sure, it wouldn’t be part of this update.

Since there’s no NDA all information on the Nightblade will be spilled as soon as it’s available in alpha anyway :wink:

Awesome update! I can tell this mastery will definitely be fun.

well if you REALLY want to know what the skill is, I will tell you, first you need to go to Crate’s main office, once you are past the main gate security, you can go down to their basement, its a maze, at the end is where they keep their secret files, all the juicy stuff they DON’T want you to know about is there.

if you manage to get into the basement, make sure you bring a torch and some climbing rope, the stairs are no more and so had the lights. :stuck_out_tongue: as for the map of the maze I will transmit the directions using morse code. if you get caught, your on your own mind, and don’t say I was the one who told you where their secret cabinet is and its contents, just keep this to yourself OK? :smiley:

Nah. Sounds way too arduous.

I’ll rather just wait for the patch. And maybe speculate a bit :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm, that icon. It looks familiar.

I think it’s some sort of attack skill, but my memory’s hazy.

matty passes a 100 dollar bill over to Zantai
“will this make your mind more clear?”
Zantai looks at the bill and passes it back
I don’t accept dollar bills anymore, you heard the US is in meltdown? the dollar is useless to me, now if that had been a Australian dollar bill, we might have had a deal. :p:D

A skill that increases bleed-dmg. :3
I am so looking forward to it. Poison and bleed are my favourite types of dmg. Sadly that didn’t work out so well in TQ but who am I telling. :stuck_out_tongue:

but they do scale in GD and that is the main thing.

this skill icon is like fast teleport to target (if you have play TQ soulvizier mod) in rough class.

For some reason I don’t think we’ll see the Nightblade in the Alpha. Not exactly sure why but I’ve just got this odd feeling…