Grim Misadventure #36: Moar Environments

I agree. Wonder if it’s the UI map, Normal map or perhaps the amount of bump added to the material of the object. It does look a bit odd. Obviously they are using termite mounds as a reference in which case checking different photos reveals that their isn’t much vegetation nearby the mound (initially) and being near a cliff is a bit odd to me (though perhaps lore will support these mountain-cliff scaling insectoids). The material itself could be less grainy and more of a dirt look to it and perhaps have a few weeds/debris poking through the dirt to make the termite mound more apart of the environment as it doesn’t seem to fit in. That and have smaller mounds scattered around the hive (perhaps 2-3 more) so as to add like you are getting into this area where there is a large hive / rather then transitioning between a clear cut lawn into a forest, there would definitely be a build up of vegetation (depending on what kind of forest).

Perhaps I’m being a bit too picky but out of the 3 pictures that one stands out the most when it comes to being odd. 2nd one only has 2 red spikes protruding from the character which may be an enemy debuff/char skill while the 3rd picture has this odd blue projectile in the background that looks to have been gotten stuck or something. That or Zantai is messing with us and having fun with photoshop.

That dang photography course has made me too cynical when it comes to looking at other photo’s lol.

Definitely skeletons if you zoom in and as for what kind they are you’d have to venture a guess after checking the enemy types list in the localization files. For me I have two guesses as to what type of enemy it is when it comes to the one that is using Maiven’s Sphere of Protection.

Edit: Out of all the environments I am really looking forward to the Tower of Exile. Love the look of it.

Does this new content have multi-player or is that in another update? I know like 3 people that will buy this game when multiplayer is out and imagine if a bunch of us had the same thing? Lots of sales.

Are those skeletons in pic #2?! I hope so! And I hope they have the same model and animations as TQ. The skeletons in TQ had to be the best looking, and creepiest, of all skeletons in any ARPG. Definitely my favorite monsters from TQ. Blows the goofy looking ones from a certain third installment of a certain genre defining franchise away!

Yea they are indeed skeletons and no they won’t be the exact same as TQ though they may be familiar. Remember that only the TQ system is in GD, everything else had to be redone.

I’m curious to see what abilities the rare skeletons will have as opposed to the normal ranged/melee ones.

Thank you for the update Zantai.

When I scrolled down in this post that is all that was visible and I kinda grimaced a little.Had it said snowy region I probably would have as well. =P

I’m sure that line was strategically placed for optimal scroll viewing. hehe

Anyway thanks,it all looks and sounds fantastic.

Usually we have second region for desert. I sure hope we wouldn’t have desert for a dessert! Lol! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ps: pardon the poor attempt at…haha…

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 4

Love it, the last pic reminds me of some areas of Greece from TQ, with the dry plants and the scrubland. :slight_smile:
The hive looks a bit off though, but really that’s minor.
Can’t wait for act 2!

Just a thought, but some of these outdoors areas look like they’d be rather windy. Not sure how you’d incorporate something like that into the look of the environments, but it would be neat if things occasionally did get a bit windier, instead of the grass just sort of dancing back and forth slowly.

The whole “desert” comment is merely comparing the environment to the marshes of act 1 as a contrast.

I believe the devs have plans to eventually get to desert/mountain/industrial city environments later on in expansions.

Ahh I see,thanks for clearing that up. =)

I found it amusing because so many ARPGs seem to use a desert and snow religiously (kinda like the early rats in the basement quests,lol) and the reason I cringe about it is because desert and snow areas hurt my eyes after 15 minutes.

You’ll have to bare with me and keep enlightening me ,I’ve a lot to catch up with development wise.I have known about GD for while,but because so many games I’ve been anticipating of late turned,well…disapointing… I didn’t want to get all hyped about GD.

Catacombs look awesome!

Don’t forget we also get to visit the Aetherial/Ch’tonian realms in due time.

Agreed !

Tower of Exile has a good chance to become one of my favorite farming spot in Act 2 :cool:

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. Didn’t notice the bones under all those human clothes. :wink: But without seeing the localisation files there is still the question in my mind as to who these skeletons were in life - perhaps Arcanists exiled to the Tower for using Necromancy (hence them being alive after death in a different form to the Living Dead raised by the Aetherials)? I think I will leave this question hanging until Act 2’s release so I haven’t spoiled everything for myself (I’ve already had a look at a few game files, specifically upcoming items :eek:).

Can’t wait! Those pics look so good. I really love those ruins, they add a really dark touch to dungeon crawling!

Damn cool environments. Really looking forward to delve deep into these ruins.

Looking awezome, just love the art style of this game. Good stuff :smiley:

Also looking forward to exploring new areas. Trudging through the dark, misty swamps is starting to get a bit dull. Glad to see the inclusion of traditional ghosts and skeletons. I hope there will be other enemies as well that aren’t Aetherials or Cthonians…

Definitely, we saw some in screenshots already