Grim Misadventure #36: Moar Environments

Hello! In today’s update, we have a few more environments from “Act 2” to show you. In addition, sometime in the near future we would like to do a live stream of the new areas. Since we do not yet have a concrete date in mind, you can consider this to be the announcement of an announcement. :stuck_out_tongue:

Check back for the time and day!

At this time, the environments are ready for population and thorough testing. We are busily adding all sorts of devious new encounters for you to test your mettle against. The new content will not make it to a public release this year, but we are still on track for early next year.

Moving on to the screenshots.

Though there is a distinct lack of Aetherials in this part of the world, do not let down your guard. Nature can sometimes be just as terrifying as monstrosities from beyond.

The ruins of the ancient city of Arkovia dot the landscape of Old Arkovia (formerly the Rocky Coast). Deep within the earth, forgotten catacombs still contain many secrets of the long-gone empire. Will you brave its ruined halls?

Next up, we have a desert!

No, not really. But this portion of the Broken Hills should provide a stark contrast to the wet swamps of Wightmire.

That’s it for today. Grim Misadventures will be taking a holiday hiatus and will resume on 01/06/2014. See you in 2014!

Looking good. I really like the ruins area and the “desert” :slight_smile: I hope that sarcophagus in the ruins can be opened?

Nice update :slight_smile: Those ruins! :cool: I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time there :smiley:

Nice look to the environments. I was wondering when we’d fight the skeleton/ghost enemies.

Edit: Was slightly confused as to what the hive was. First I thought it was some sort of sludge monster or fungal growth. That or it was an enemy’s ability to cast this brown miasma at your character. I’m sure once enemies are added it will make more sense, otherwise I would’ve expected some flies/insects to be hovering over it to make it more obvious as to what it is (like the flies that hover over the dead horses you sometimes find). But as I said, enemies will make it more obvious.

The only part of the update I do not like is that it will take until 2014 to get access :wink:

Picture 1 - Is this thing a warp? Looks twisted both in shape and in content…

Picture 2 - Skellies and ghosts are back! Or are they haunts? Or shades? Or goners? The tileset is flawless. FLAWLESS! Did you hire a builder or something?:stuck_out_tongue:

Picture 3 - That’s what a desert/wastes/the wilds should look like! No more sand please, it sticks on my feet.:smiley:

I have a feeling that this next part of the content will be quite a different experience. By looking at the screenshots I mean. Very nice direction, I can’t wait to play.

I think the bugs that live in there are ever so slightly bigger than those flies.

If I were to guess, I would think it would be something that would burrow in the ground like some kind of insect or worm-like creature.

EDIT: Zantai beat me while I was writing this post…

But who knows until we see some on Zantai’s dev stream or when we play Act 2?

The new environments certainly do look great! Keep up the good work!

They are very cool, I’m looking forward to being able to play the beta

this looks very sick! :smiley: can’t wait to see the stream of the new areas that will await our adventures :stuck_out_tongue: (in 2014 sadly) haha

Yea which is why I said that it’s merely not having the actual insects being around that would make it being a hive far more obvious.

Awesome! God I really can’t wait for the next big content release.

Kill me if you want, but actually I LIKE “the desert”:cool: (Torchlight’s Ossean Wastes were great)…though Broken Hills look really good, I think you have nailed the atmosphere there.

Ruins - just outstanding.

and termite’s hive…texture is weird for me.

Really cool! The second screenshot reminds me so much of TQ`s greek locations!

looks good, can’t wait to gain access to act 2,

Will I have the courage to venture there? I hope so.

Looking great folks. :smiley:

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Look forward to the next update in 2014.

Awww…it won’t be ready before Christmas?? I feel like I just got a lump of coal in my stocking.

Scrooges!! :wink:

Seriously though, it looks great, can’t wait to dig into Act 2 in the new year.

Finally! The catacomb! :stuck_out_tongue:

Same here, hoping to play act 2 during the xmas break.

The Tower of Exile, eh? I like the sound of that! :smiley: And those ghosts look marvellous! But who are the human enemies? Exiled Arcanists? It appears one of them is using Maiven’s Sphere of Protection, at least. Well, I guess these questions will just have to wait till beta. :wink: Cheers for another awesome update, Zantai!
Younghappy :slight_smile: