Grim Misadventure #37: Crafting Your Future

Looks good, hope to hear/see more of this soon though I can wait.

wow, cant wait for this, sounds amazing :stuck_out_tongue:

Ohhhhh, ahhhhhh. Looks better than fireworks! Fireworks lasts way too short anyway.

Am I reading this right? You are changing the quest line to make the alpha more fun to play? :undecided:

Quick question…when you say blueprints are shared among characters does that mean between HC and SC also?

looks awesome, looking forward to crafting

Just going to throw this idea out there, perhaps you could do it without changing too much… where you change what is now a boss fight in the 2nd act a little, so that it doesn’t end there and he flees to homestead?

I always like the concept of you having to save the town to unlock it, like there is a curse or something. just an idea.

In Diablo 2? I dunno about you man but the Catacombs in D1 were the best ever… I really like your idea though, skeletons and vampires and stairways down into a dungeon that resembles the ones of old. They have a but of that already around the laboratory.

If there has to be some sort of “resolution” for act 2 I would think it should be something centered with the Outlaws like perhaps a band of outlaws were sent to raid Homestead or something but find that the bridge has been destroyed by some sort of unique boss enemy in which case your hero stumbles upon this fight and has to deal with killing the outlaws and perhaps even the boss (maybe have an option which can be allying with the unique boss after the fight which can lead to other quests whereas killing the boss will have him drop his awesome loot, so kinda potential bonus later or right away).

That or introduce a power struggle for the area where the halfbreed trolls are trying to oust the outlaws out of the area (in which case you can find remnants of outlaw camps or small groups of outlaws that are trying to flee or counter the halfbreed trolls). This could add to the reason and pressure for the outlaws wanting to get to Devil’s Crossing for the greater protection.

Perhaps your character could then have three options when finding this conflict.

1: Kill both outlaws and halfbreed trolls - this could not only give you loot and experience but perhaps later on both npcs at homestead and devil’s crossing can reward you with Survivor’s Reputation, and perhaps even unlock a quest or 2 where the quest giver is impressed with your work or is the opposite and is disdainful while offering a greater challenge.

2: Aid a small band of Outlaws against the half breed trolls. Perhaps after doing so this could unlock a merchant, while getting iron pieces, experience as a reward. Maybe these Outlaws are done with being an outlaw and wish to help out in Devil’s Crossing or join the Rover’s (maybe they have a captive rover whom later becomes their leader since they want a clean break from the outlaws). Negative option after aiding them could result in the outlaws fighting you. Perhaps they could help you later on in a future quest as well.

3: Aid a band of half breed trolls against the outlaws. Reward could be their non aggression (only a band of them, so other half breed trolls might attack you - perhaps have 1 of them being the tribe leader or something which reinforces the whole “clan/tribe” idea that these guys could have), a hidden location with a half breed troll merchant who has a few unique but expensive items to sell. Negative option later could have your character betray/kill them or they be offended and attack you (in which case the merchant troll drops one of these unique items when he is killed). If this location is far from a riftgate perhaps have a small riftgate in the hidden location which can be used to travel to and from the closest riftgate nearby (so from devil’s crossing you would travel to the closer riftgate to then get to this small riftgate-offshoot). This would be useful as it can later be a shortcut to new unlockable areas nearby (where you get their quicker then someone who isn’t a troll friend).

WOOOT. Again I say WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. I love that this is being included this way. HELL YES. The best thing about Grim Dawn, in total with development to date, is that I keep feeling rewarded for supporting this team.

That may seem like a tall order to maintain, but you guys are doing a bang up job.

Nice, I hope that in the future all the notes, journals and books found will be added to the Lore UI instead of taking up space in the inventory. Yes, I know that Crate is considering this.

Can i have a little suggestion for a separate bag slot to contain all our components found,such as a separate tab in the inventory for our potions and components found so it does not clog up our inventory with the many type of partial and completed components found during gameplay and with the addition of crafting i am sure alot more new components would be introduced to the game

yeah +1 to that idea! Half my stash is components!

No, unless the space for that is as big as the current inventory. If it is just the side bag, that will overflow and they then cannot go into the main storage any more…

The teaser is tearing me apart, figuratively.

Thanks for the update. Looking towards the next one and the update.

Has this ever been answered yet? When we do get act 2 and even this awesome crafting system… what will be the level cap? I have been curious to know if its gonna be 30-35 etc. Then I will have an idea how far we will get to play with lv 26+ items

The answer was 30, I would have liked 35 :wink:

Who knows, maybe they still increase it a little (hope dies last I guess :wink: )

Nice, surely adds an extra layer to the gameplay.
Looking forward to playing act 2 :slight_smile:

keep up the great work, crafting looks like its going in the right direction.

I too am looking forward to the things coming with Act 2. Thanks much for the update, Zantai!

I started writing a reply to this thread and found it had grown too long. :smiley:
I agree with bravodragon in regard to needing a separate management system for components. In truth, i envisioned a system for that years ago when Titan Quest first came out. My needs were mostly filled by apps like TQ Vault and Soulseekkor’s TQ Defiler. When i first started playing the Grim Dawn alpha, i was once again hit with the desire for that component management system. I feel fortunate that i’ve been one of the lucky few to get in on this alpha stage of the game and have the opportunity to share my thoughts. Thanks devs! I feel that the work you guys are doing is paying me back for the faith i placed in you all, all those years ago!! :slight_smile: Thanks for making this game awesome so far!

So i’ve posted my suggestions in the following threads:
Suggestion - POTION MASTERY
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=138154

Suggestion - Luck
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11869

Suggestion - Component Tab
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=138160

Relics!
I feel like a relic sometimes… but from what i read now this is not nessesarily a bad thing. Relics sound awesome, and the one I have equipped from the quest reward is a very handy piece of gear indeed :smiley:

Happy 2014 to you also.
It has been great to see how all the community who take time to give feedback have helped in refining and improving certain aspects of the game. It is really encouraging that you fellows at Crate are willing to work so closely with your community as a whole to make GD the best old school style arpg I have played to date.