Grim Misadventure #47: Break it Down

Does it mean that we won’t get build 19 before that date?

Good Question!

Cool idea! I like that you guys are implementing ways to use items like aether shards, scrap and now dynamite so that they don’t just sit in your stash collecting dust.

great features like this add so much to the overall depth of the game above and beyond just content to play through.

Great stuff guys! :cool:

Dismantling to get raw materials is part of Two Worlds II crafting system but the results are not random and you know what you get before deciding to dismantle an item. Dynamite is also unnecessary and you can do it yourself for free. :wink:

I liked this idea in Two Worlds II and I think it will work fine with a random twist + some dynamite in Grim Dawn.

Yep that’s right only game to have that dismantle system, really excited to see it being used in another game…cough*

Seems alright enough. Personally it is a feature I’ll never use but kudos for throwing something like this in there.

Kasparov, the Adam Savage of Cairn.

I wonder… Will the prefix/suffix on the item will influence what component can be generated? For example, will “insulating” (fire resistance) gear be more likely to generate “Molten Skin” components?

Wow you guys never cease to amaze me!
I am assuming there will be a visible/audible blast??? :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

Makes me remember about disenchanting in wow. I really love to use it once in a while there. It have chance to fail though.not sure what fit here until I feel it myself.

Also interested on what draug raised.

Great stuff crate!

Flashberry: misadvanture is independent to build release so you still have hope:)

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 4

Awesome, guys! Thanks for the update, I’ll be keen to get my hands on this once it is out.

If you can, I’d be interested to hear why you don’t feel this would be useful for yourself. With the introduction of crafting, I’m constantly after more components to complete my recipes. It’s also a great ‘money sink’ of sorts, as you could use all the loot you would otherwise vendor to try and get useful components for your gear. Just curious as to your thoughts :slight_smile:

I second this question!

Zantai talk about b20 in this thread, i think it means b19 is very close.:cool:

I could see this being interesting only for really random rares from greens or blues. Otherwise, it will be much like crafting ointments and other consumables…at least the way it is now. (OFF TOPIC- It would be nice, as someone suggested, to have a significantly longer effect with maybe only one potion crafted- OFF TOPIC)

really enjoying this so far. down side is it makes me so dam impatient for the next builds. really hoping build 19 comes soon. i am afraid to progress my commando based characters until i see the fire strike nerfs.

If anyone is wondering for the release of B19:

as you can see this is from the facebook page of GD.

Enjoy!

See my latest comment so your hopes and dreams about B19 aren’t getting crushed :stuck_out_tongue:

I was expecting it “soon”, but not “that soon”. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I’m not getting anything done this weekend…

It seems like an interesting new mechanic to the world. Hopefully it is well thought, in order to intrigue us not selling items instead. Thanks for the update Zantai.

Great addition to the game mechanic!

I hope this change will come with tweaks to current crafting. Because making one more useless mechanic does not make game better. They all should be polished.