Grim Misadventure #61: Beyond Homestead

Awesome stuff, looking forward to the release!

Little feedback on the first part of Act 3:

First of all, I gotta say I was impressed by the overall look of Act 3, especially the artwork in the caves and the fortress area was very well done. Good job!

Managed to level to 40 on hardcore veteran without dying which was a small wonder as them mobs hit you like a truck, which I personally like very much. Also, the feeling of getting ambushed was very real as I made my way through the dark in the caves. Gotta love that. Makes you actually think about how to gear up properly unlike in some other arpgs we know … Still, maybe a slight increase in 30+ lvl items drop rates would be appropriate as the new lvl cap is 40. I would also like to see at least one more portal closer to the fortress if only possible :stuck_out_tongue:

Overall, I’m glad I’ve played this game as much as I have as it’s only getting better.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Nooooooooooooooooo! Not bugs! I reminds me of the Diablo 2 Act 2 bug horrors. The bug lair underground tight corridors was one of the most irritating areas in D2 and I spent too much time there.

have to agree there, plus the horrible pet pathing which blizzard never seemed to fix, hopefully pets in GD won’t have as many issues, but not played an occultist for a while, so not sure how good the pathing is now.

they are calling me!

“Come to the Void”

…and bring an extra pair of tidy whities :wink:

Go to the edge of the Withering Fields near the Herald of the Flame/Aether Crystal boss. Three words for you: Ch’thonic Blood Farms, and a lot of crucifixions.

I had a similar experience - especially bad in the old days when you couldn’t path through other players in multiplayer and the corridors were single-file.

Don’t worry though, the Dermapteran tunnels are wide enough that it won’t be an issue.

wait in line, there is a huge queue already!! :p:D

but can’t wait for part 2, it’s going to be totally mind blowing!!

I knew I was missing something yesterday :confused: (the misadventure update)

ah well, creating some new builds that are pretty Shall I say Strong :stuck_out_tongue:. Resistances to the max! :cool:

i will never not read that as Derp Hive, damnit what’s wrong with me?! i blame the internet.

super stoked btw!

lol same here.

To Crate guys: you are doing an awesome work, I thank you for the amount of effort you put into it. GD is already excellent and feels amazing as a game. Congrats and I wish you great holidays to all of you.

Love,

Caudheur

The rest of Act 3 sounds great. If we get Chapter 2 first quarter 2015, then hopefully we will see chapter 3 before midyear, and Act 4 and gold master sometime in the fall.
As for the “mini Act 4”, here’s hoping that will be in Old Grove. Also hoping you guys get carried away with it like you did in Act 2, and it ends up being a lot bigger. Looking forward to it! :slight_smile:

Can confirm I got stuck on that thinking for a solid fifteen minutes…try to say it out loud, that helped me get away from “Derp Hive”.

I’m affraid only 3 acts are not enough for me since you always deliver highly entertaining content.

Since i bought this game i’m used to it to get always new content chapter by chapter so this can’t stop.
I am willing to pay over and over for your work, but please don’t stop to release new content, lets say at least for the next 10 years?

Does 100$ per year sound reasonable? Thats kinda 8.3 dorrahs per month and per user :slight_smile:

As an extra bonus i throw a crate of Augustiner with every new release on top (ofc. w. free shipping).

Deal or no deal ? :slight_smile:

Wait, the ‘line breaker’ was in the images?

Checks images, finds it in screencap 6

Oh my.

“It is advisable to run.” You truly have the ability to understate things Zantai, when the Defiler was revealed I thought it would be only slightly larger than a human.

This is much more intimidating.

Those farmlands (dont remember their names) imo is one of the best areas in Grim Dawn. One of the reason is its wide open areas without corridor like map layout plus interesting scenery (especially the dead black trees). I hope the new areas in chapters 2 and 3 will have more these types of map layouts.

Anyway… to all Crate members, I wish you a happy holidays

hot damn, the void looks amazing. cant wait till we can go there.

Awesome! Looks promising keep it up :slight_smile:

Thanks for the Christmas Gift Crate (B23)! Looking forward to our New Years Gift (B24) or close (:-))!

:eek:
…Need to get some Chaos/Vitality resists… gear it seems. Definitely. Oh my.
PS. outstanding screenshots, especially that black/red void, what a nasty place.
PSS. wanted to joke about getting Nukes, Pulse Rifles and Marines/Starhip Troopers outfit, but the joke Evaded.