Grim Misadventure #66: Meet the Quartermaster

I need that pet medal!

So that’s what I’ve been translating yesterday!:smiley:

Awesome update, I am a sucker for bounty boards and faction rewards! Will the faction system be complete with b25?

Getting more than you expected is such a rare feeling in today’s world. I am astonished at how often you guys are able to offer it, looks awesome :D!

Awesome! Gotta farm up to nemesis tier

I agree with this…

they ARE soulbound, look at the screenshots.

The new faction system looks wonderful, love the fact that you can see everything available without having to reach that level first and really looking forward to these bounties as well. Hope you have a big stock of them :stuck_out_tongue:

The new merchant might explain a strange npc I saw in DC briefly not that long ago, I shall have to wait and see :wink:

Guess we will see you soon then :smiley:

can’t wait!! just release it already!!!

they might be, don’t like that idea at all though (in general, not just for factions)

that would leave focusing on ine faction per char, whichever faction suits him best

awesomeee!! :cool:

The problem I can see if the items were not soulbound, is that it would make the faction system and its choices completely pointless. If you could store the rewards in the shared stash what does it matter what your char chooses to do after a few chars as any new chars will have access to everything from every faction regardless of choice. Which rather goes against a game with choices having a consequence as a sale point. :wink:

but also you diminish the replay value, whereas allowing the item to be shared would give me a reason to start a toon for items from another faction as I may be interested in these.
and now that I think, it also removes the “fun” choice, as you will be choosing the faction for items and the poor dude who got almost killed when he was 3~, you don’t care for that, might as well doesn’t exist.

That’s awkward, as I can see and agree with that idea as well…me confused now :wink:

haha Zantai you just made my day. Black Legion Armor set and epics! Fuuuck Yeah! :smiley:

Which would also diminish replay value when it comes to invested time.

Eh? Not sure what you are saying here.

You would at first choose the faction that you think is good or agree with and later with other characters you would probably choose the faction that is best for your character - also would go for how much time you invest in each faction as well.

Plus it isn’t just about items but also quest rewards (whatever that will be). Perhaps even blacksmith recipes that might be shared with all other characters (which I think would be a good idea to give some balance between soul bound and for other characters). Maybe we’ll get some other blacksmiths as well with unique bonuses/recipes.

I agree with the idea of soul bound items as it gives more of a distinguishing effect to what choice you make. Plus the fact that in one difficulty of a difficulty you will already unlock at least the first and perhaps second tier - ultimate difficulty you would not only unlock the first/second tier but then invest more into getting the last tier while farming for certain items.

Arpg’s are a large time sink - faction system gives both rewards that are easily achievable and harder to acquire.

Those who were wondering about “end game” may find some satisfaction. Those who want to quickly get everything or have absolute freedom - mods.

Eh? Not sure what you are saying here.

I agree with the idea of soul bound items as it gives more of a distinguishing effect to what choice you make.

When there’s a clear objective “material” as a reward, that is gold/item (or iron in this case), the rest of the choices disappear. You won’t be choosing between “the likable person” and the opposite, rather, since your character is a nightblade, of course you are going to be picking the sword-faction. It doesn’t matter if you dislike the npcs there, there’s a clear bonus now.

Alth to be honest I haven’t played the game enough to comment on this so take this as a general thought, I won’t be commenting any further. this was just a general thought.

We’ll have to see when the faction rewards are released as we do not have full knowledge of them.

Who knows? Perhaps a Nightblade would have reason to choose either faction - not just solely 1. Plus it depends on your build as well of course.

Will nemesis be out in b25?

nemesis is achievable in B24, however to reach that point now only killing hero and boss monsters of a faction increases infamy.

I don’t know if I am missing something but what are you all talking about anyway? If it is access to rewards via the faction quarter masters, then there is no need for these to be soul bound because any character will be able to increase there rep with any friendly faction at any time and even simultaneously thus allowing access to all the goodies that all the factions have to offer. I mean you could focus on pleasing one faction particularly but that does not make you bound to that faction and in the process of killing shit to please them you will also be increasing your standing with the other factions too. There is no reason why one character cannot farm reputation with all the factions and receive all the rewards and opposition from maxing all faction rep. This is some pretty cool farming incentive.

If this is not what you are all talking about then I missed something… sorry:(