Grim Misadventure #66: Meet the Quartermaster

The time has come for another Misadventure! In case you were not paying attention, we just released a major update for Grim Dawn! Build 24 expands on the game’s content with the second chapter of Act 3, class balance changes, optimization improvements and the first stage of our Faction System update.

In Build 25, we are going to wrap up the Faction System by introducing all of its rewards (and consequences). Standing prominently at the center of this feature will be the Faction Quartermasters. These special vendors will allow you to preview all of the item rewards offered by a given faction, at all reputation tiers.

When you reach Friendly status with any faction, you will gain access to the first tier of rewards and usually a new quest. This is the perfect time to visit the Faction Quartermaster and see what you have earned, and what is still to come.

Meet the Quartermaster

Each faction has its own set of customized rewards that will appeal to a variety of different playstyles. You may find that while one faction offers you great armor for your build, another may have the weapons you seek, and still another may have an Augment that suits your playstyle.

The Faction Vendor Window

To become Revered with a faction will take dedication to their cause and the eradication of their most powerful foes. Should you prove your loyalty though, an impressive achievement, the rewards at Revered are equally impressive. Revered status gains you access to a special quest, the most powerful Augments and Epic quality accessories unique to that faction.

Legion Medal of the Void

Legion War Seal

Bounty System
One of the ways by which you will be able to gain faction reputation will be the upcoming Bounties, offered by some factions at a Bounty Table. These special missions will send you all over Cairn in order to complete tasks the faction requires assistance with. Acquiring a few items, slaying a boss, hunting down a Hero rampaging through an area are just some examples of the missions you will be offered.

Upon completing a bounty, you will have the option of taking on another. Bounties will not be limited to once per character though, so you will be able to repeatedly take advantage of these tasks to earn the favor of the faction that offered them.

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 03/16/2015 for our regular development updates!

Really awesome!

Hype hype hype hype hype hype hype!!!

I hope we get all these neat features very soon…

I can’t wait to get my hands on that Legion War Seal :smiley:

Damn! this makes me rethink my decision of returning to GD :smiley:

I really like the idea of factions and the rewards seem great and stuff, but i just wish that the rep would be shared across characters somehow, since a big part of GD is the replay value of re rolling new builds, but personally I feel a bit unmotivated to do so atm because of having to regrind all the rep. Is there any word as to whether or not the faction rewards will be transferable? I would assume not, but one can hope …

Sharing rep wouldn’t make sense as a large part of it has to do with quest progression. If it was shared, people would just repeat the same quest over and over till rep is maxed. There’s also the choice between Kymon’s Chosen and Death’s Vigil. Think about it this way: If rep caries over between difficulties, then by the end of ultimate, you’ll probably max a character’s rep anyway.
Faction rewards are soulbound.

B24 made me lose track of time, forgot this update was coming!

Is it already time for another Grim Misadventure? Time just flies by.

Bounty System, huh? I love it when stuff that wasn’t even a Kickstarter stretch goal is added to the game. :slight_smile:

GD is shaping up nice to be one of the best aRPG’s ever!

I completely lost track and forgot one was coming today =/

Ah well, nothing wrong with surprises from time to time!

New mi’s, new uniques, new quests… i’m astonished to see the game becoming so freakinly awesome… again.

Best EA ever ? :wink:

ooohhhh shiny!!

It’s Monday! Back into Cairn’s salt mines with you. :stuck_out_tongue:

How are you supposed to make a different choice with another character then? Would also clash with:

from the Features List
Choice and Consequence gives you power to shape the world and affect the fate of many. Tough decisions will leave significant impact as strangers on the road, families in need and even entire villages may live or perish based on your actions. With great power comes great responsibility and it is not always easy to predict the outcome of your choices in a world driven to desperate extremes.

Faction-Based Questing lets you improve your relations with different NPC groups to earn rewards (such as merchant discounts, new items, and additional quest lines) as your favor with them increases. However, aiding one faction could turn a rival faction into your enemy. Choose which side you will support!

In fact:

They will reset. You will be able to make different choices.[/QUOTE][/INDENT]
So, you will be able to access items from different factions. I only wonder, if they will be level-capped, if you go to a prior difficulty.

I am absolutely JUICED for this piece of content.

Good God this looks freakin’ awesome!

I’m really looking forward to the bounty system. Quests, more quests!!!

different chars / builds could grind different factions (they certainly want different items).

You also could simply exchange items via the shared stash and only grind reputation with one char

For me it is the more the better. Reoutation farming will be just like regular farming, those who want it can do it, everyone else can skip it. I like the additional depth provided by factions.

2 at least. One for Kymon’s and one for Death’s Vigil.

Something tells me faction rewards will be soulbound …

Thought that the rewards were bound, so you can’t transfer them? I like grinding too, i wouldn’t be playing an arpg if i didnt’ but i just feel it is going to get a bit much, already with one character getting max rep for all factions is going to take at least 1 week of playtime, perhaps more depending on how much rep you get from bounties. Not to mention the fact that they reset on each difficulty, so if there was some purpose to maxing out on each difficulty, then we are likely to have an expansion before people with real lives manage to finish it. Just seems to me that it’s heading down the road of gated content.

I like this, one step more to become a masterpiece.