Grim Misadventure #73: New Monster Infrequents

Grim Misadventures returns! First off, we would like to give you a heads up on the upcoming build release schedule. You may have noticed that there has not been a Hotfix 3 for Build 25. A few of the outstanding bugs in Build 25 will actually require a full sync to be performed on the build machine. What this means is that we would have to include unfinished buggy content that we are still working on for Build 26. As such, B25 Hotfix 3 has been rolled into the upcoming B26 release. But do not fret. We understand that bugs are frustrating and we are pushing hard to get the new content release-ready. We are confident that Build 26 will be out by the end of the month instead of our original estimate in July.

Today we would like to show you something right out of the artist den. There are two important mechanics in Grim Dawn that help our loot system stand out: the What You See Is What You Get system, where monsters can use cool items against you but, when killed, will drop those items and what we call Monster Infrequents (MIs). Monster Infrequents are a special sub-set of rare items that drop exclusively from specific monsters. They always come with some base attributes but can roll the usual affixes on top of that, potentially making them some of the strongest items in the game. We introduce new Monster Infrequents with almost every build, and Build 26 is no exception. Take a look below for some of the new loot you can hunt for when the build goes live later this month.

Groble Focus

Groble shamans have been known to engage in voodoo rituals to perform their mundane magic. Now you too can harness their stolen magic with the introduction of these shrunken heads.

Obsidian Shield

Obsidian Defilers are gargantuans from the Chthonic Void, but their obsidian flesh is incredibly durable and can be harnessed for your own purposes. If you are foolish enough to enter the Void and survive an encounter with Obsidian Defilers, then these shields could become a part of your collection.

Obsidian Two-Handed Axe

There are creatures within the Chthonic Void that are skilled enough to use weapons and armor. These intelligent brutes are the real danger lurking beyond the rifts. Should you brave the Void and encounter such creatures, then you will find yourself at the mercy of these vicious weapons.

Obsidian Maul

In the darkest depths of the Void, there lurks a beast of flame and shadow that few dare speak of. Its fiery maul has slain countless mortals, and it hungers for more skulls to add to the pit. This Epic quality two-handed mace could be yours if you brave the Chthonic roguelike, coming later this year.

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 06/22/2015 for our regular development updates!

Attachment: MI_FocusGrobles01.jpg
Attachment: MI_ObsidianAxe01.jpg
Attachment: MI_ObsidianMace01.jpg
Attachment: MI_ObsidianShield01.jpg

Looks great! Can’t wait to hunt them down for myself.

uhhhhh sweet!. I like the new Obsidian Items… guess there is gonna be alot of farming :stuck_out_tongue:

Grobles have been my favorite race since the beginning, glad to see them getting some more love.

Whoa! Those obsidian MIs are badass! Cool update once again Crate. :smiley:

Yasssssss!

Holy crap! That Obsidian Axe will fit perfectly with my 2H Axe Witchblade…

It’s is as if Crate knows what I like to play with lol.

Also, I really hope B26 gets released by the end of the month. :slight_smile:

Nice to see another great looking 2h, there can never be enough :slight_smile:

the same, exactly :wink:

and these Chtonic weapons look absolutely awesome !

That Obsidian Shield will make my soldier very happy! :smiley:

Those obsidian weapons are badass can’t wait to get them

Does this mean the void is coming in B26 as well?!

Really liking the obsidian items, and the timing will be perfect as I have a few days off starting the 29th :wink:

Drool

Beautiful work as always! Can’t wait for B26.

orgasmic goodness

Looking forward to the Groble MIs! Will they have different damage types, i.e. poison, fire, earth(?)?

Currently, I don’t think there is a cold or lightning Groble clan, maybe in later builds?

Love the look of these items.

Now, for the 1st expansion, or as a later DLC, please build in a cosmetic gear screen that lets me cosmetically equip these items while using potentially better items. :slight_smile:

Love the look of that Obsidian stuff and the Groble focuses are great too! If they look like that when playing in game that’s going to be fantastic. :smiley:

Not gonna lie dude, seeing your O-face makes me think less of you.

Wow that Obsidian Shield looks awsome. :smiley: