Grim Misadventure #79: Beyond Darkvale

Harsh and vnforgiving vpdate from the grim and frostbitten, yet svrprisingly green, northlands. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looks spectacular, can’t wait until I get to traverse that area. Yes, that’s right, I just want to walk through it and soak in the environment, fighting the enemy can come later.

I did get TQ vibes from the screens as well, must be the colours/lighting, as the actual environment doesn’t look much like the Act 3 mountains in TQ, from what I recall at least.

You forgot about the NECROPOLIS dude!!! There happens the last battle with the ethereals, I think!!!

Oow yeah act 4 is going to be awsome. East march looked great in B27 and i wonder what greatness you got in store for us.

Looks nice. Do we have a timeframe on the Devotion system yet?

It’s a grand scene which recollects Unique landscapes of Oblivion. I would like to explore that early!

And the translation community still have no b27 files to work. The players are sad to play Shaman without translation.
Pls, playing new patch with/without proper translation are totally different things… :frowning:

Very excited for act 4. Finally some change on the environment.

I miss TQ, there was quite drastic changes on the environment, fields, woods, deserts, mountains and so on. Unfortunately GD is always kind of the same

I appreciate the environments in GD. You’re not teleporting to new acts, you’re going out the opposite side of buildings. Snow, Desert, swamp, Mountains, woods, plains, etc all like 3 miles away from each other really weakens suspension of disbelief.

I thought the same in Act1 but was happy with Act2 and 3 because you get quite a few different things there. TQ had really beautiful themes for the Acts but the transition was kind of weird.

Looking good, guys!

It’s amazing how detailed that second shot is; looks like there’ll be a lot of places to explore within each zone, which is great! Now to just see those mountains covered in Yetis…

Looking forward to it!

Badass, dude.

So, 4th act will not be small as it was expected before?

They always said “act such-and-such will be small” and I’ve yet to see that to be true. :slight_smile:

You have to ask yourselves: Why would they open more space on the upper part of the main map, if Act 4 is going to be short?

They had to expand on it anyways and they will also be making expansions which could lead to the southern part of the map or north.

3 riftgates are already shown so I am assuming that is all we’ll be getting for Act 4 which is fine.

In one of the images, we can see a descending snowy pathway leading to the iron gateway. Surrounding hills are also covered with snow. It seems odd that the castle walls which are on the highground don’t have any trace of snow. Also the grass that is breaking through the walls is bright green. Shouldnt be more tundra-color-like

Looking forward to the devotion system.

Well, my guess is that they’re further improveing the base game even more.

Remember, Grim Dawn wasn’t supposed to have a 4th act, nor a 6th mastery.

Are you implying…

ACT FIVE?!?!? :open_mouth:

Nah, I don’t think we’re devoted enough.

But still, this is how I see it, on my amazing paint skills:

I’m pretty sure I messed the mountain area name up.

We haven’t yet saw the this fort, so I take it’s on the latst riftgate there or the one in the middle, as it can’t be placed in the middle of the mountain range.

And from what I recall, there is a ravaged battleground mentioned somewhere and I don’t thin the Necropolis is even listed here (nor the chthonic rogue dungeon).

AND let’s not forget that thee is one last faction to be revealed The Outcasts, and we’re not evne sure where we’re gonna meet their base.

Not to nitpick but it’s not currently plural. He/she/it/etc. could be standing at a campfire somewhere :smiley:

Maybe even at the door to the second SoT.