Grim Misadventure #79: Beyond Darkvale

You are reading Grim Misadventures, the premier source for all things up and coming in Grim Dawn. In today’s update, we will look beyond the Darkvale Gates and venture forth into the environments of Act 4!

You may have already heard, but we released a major update a week ago, which included our 6th and final class mastery, the Shaman! Take a look at the staggering list of changes that came along for the ride with our master of storms.

With the Shaman and the remainder of Act 3 out in the public eye, we turn our attention to the finale, the culmination of events which have drawn you to the north, where the vile Cult of Ch’thon plots to destroy what little there is left of Cairn. But Inquisitor Creed and Ulgrim are not about to sit idly and watch their world burn. They are marching on the ancient burial ground known as the Necropolis, and they need your help.

But the road leading up to the city of the dead is a treacherous one, filled not only with the enemies of humanity but also bloodthirsty wildlife. But through your valiant deeds, you have weakened the Cult’s hold on the Darkvale Gate, and so the north is open to you.

The other side of the Darkvale Gates

First, you will venture into the frozen wildlands known as the Asterkarn Mountains. The snowy peaks have claimed many an adventurer, even when the area was under the protection of the Black Legion. Beware the roaming Chillmane Yetis, and keep an eye out for the lone male known as Ragrathar Rageblood. The deranged yeti’s fur is matted with the blood of its victims, counted even amongst the Black Legion ranks.

The Asterkarn Wilds

Feeling Devoted?

Should the wilderness prove insufficient in deterring you from your journey, perhaps the various tombs will. These forgotten burial grounds hold many secrets, but not all are meant to be uncovered. Tread carefully upon the bones of the dead.

The Crumbling Crypt

The Forbidden Crypt

Should you survive the Asterkarn Mountains, you will be greeted by Fort Ikon, the last bastion of the Black Legion from which humanity will emerge to retake its besieged world, or make its final stand…

How will this chapter of your story end? Will you end up frozen upon the peaks of Asterkarn? Or perhaps crushed under the heel of the Cult of Ch’thon as they complete their world-ending ritual at the Necropolis? Your greatest challenges still await.

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Check back on 09/14/2015 for our regular development updates!

Attachment: Asterkarn Fort.jpg
Attachment: Asterkarn Shrine.jpg
Attachment: Asterkarn Wilderness.jpg
Attachment: Crumbling Crypt.jpg
Attachment: Forbidden Crypt.jpg

The hype is real, can’t wait

Looking amazing. Keep up the great work.

Isn’t Haron the Fort in BloodGrove? You mean Ikon?

:):):):):):):):):slight_smile:

Oops, yes. If only this was the last time I make this error…

Feeling Devoted?

I see what you did there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait for Act 4. The environment looks great! :slight_smile:

Wow. Looks stunning.

Those places look great, I can’t wait! :stuck_out_tongue:

So the Ch’tonians are the final enemies, but what about the Aetherials? Are we actually done with them or are you reserving them for an eventual expansion? :stuck_out_tongue:

The release of b27 had me so stoked that I completely forgot about that today was Grim Misadventure time. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t wait to brave all these amazing area and hunt me some neat Yeti furs and yeti horns. :slight_smile:

I hope B28 will get released by mid October at best!

Damn. It is a good thing that i got a half year from the University lol. Act 4 here i come!!

Yay! Looking really good! :smiley:

Also…

This screenie is just as majestic as the area itself, holy crap… Also, it made me remember of Skyrim.

That is great artwork. I cannot wait to start poking around in it.

The pic under “Feeling Devoted” kind of reminds me of Titan Quest. The color of the water and the bright setting in the background.
But maybe that’s just because of the editor view/angle.

Awesome work, I especially like the view of the first pic, the wide spread area and the setting _

I wonder what the forbidden crypt will bring us. That room looks like a perfect boss summoning place :smiley:

this looks promising! :wink:

My thoughts as well, it does look really elder scrollsey - the tombs recall the Draugr ones.

The environments seem to get prettier and prettier the further we leave Devil’s Crossing…

Wow the last 2 weeks went by so fast.

Some of the best looking areas yet.

Oh and I am offended that you’d even ask if I am Devoted. :slight_smile:

rlly nice, i didnt complete act1 yet due of my f*** computer

yeti nother grim misadventure? ikon has act 4 nao? :smiley: