Grim Misadventures #7: This One is Mine

Awesome post, Zantai! Just 1 question; what is Maiven’s Lens? I was picturing glasses :stuck_out_tongue: but then I saw Maiven’s hood…
Also, loving the hero monster items! I also like how some sets will have lots of pieces (Bloodreaper’s Glory) whereas some will have only a few (Maiven’s Sanctuary) and another thing: I love funny flavour text, some more would be awesome! (Orwell’s Revolver’s text made me laugh :D)
Bring on more epics!
Younghappy :slight_smile:

It’s a shield or a “focus”…or a ring/necklace, I suppose.

Maiven’s Lens is an amulet.

Revolvers?! Instant win.

Retalations would have bonus from Cunning stat?:confused:

Awesome! That amulet is already enticing enough.

Holy Evil! very nice! :rolleyes:

The loot, the loot! Look, the loot! Yay! =)))

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! dancing like a little kid

I love this, the stats are great! But the text, the text is so fuc-ing gorgeous!!! I can’t even describe how much I love it! Simple thing, but it makes the items THAT good!

Man, I love your updates! =) Though…I am little worried if we should get the items spoiled too much…wouldn’t it break fun finding them later? You know, if you know what drops for you… but I guess most of us (well, even I, though I feel a personality-split here, haha) just want to see them after the Diablo 3 disappointment and all. Anyway, what I wanted to say instead of this meaningless gibberish like I usually do, please try to make the updates less-spoiler-like, if possible for the future. Maybe just some hints about the loot, or only the stats and maybe lore text and not names or something.

Now I feel like an idiot asking for some stuff revelation in the past and asking you not to show it in the future… =)) But I hope you know what I mean with this. I’ve broken my experience with many games by revealing stuff prior/while playing them… and I can honestly say - it is not fun at all.

Just my opinion. Feel free to post them on as usual, all folks will love it I am sure, though I will try to push myself to skip them if there is too much info I’d rather not want to see.

Anyway, a hero monster model (without a name maybe? Dunno how to handle this spoiler situation, heh) would be nice to see. =))

Thanks for that! Maiven’s Sancutary sounds like an awesome Arcanist set. A hood, amulet and tome (off-hand book right, as seen in some videos? Win :smiley:

Please change text fonts type(4 itemZ) 2 an original style fit perfectly to GD !!!

Anyway great stats 4 itemization.

Keep up da great work!

Sir, you have some serious talents revolving around writing entertaining posts. If your dev skill is at least about 50% of that, this game’s gonna rock.

Memories of Titan Quest are flashing back at me now.

Lovely stuff. :smiley: So, big six piece sets will recur in GD?

I think there is at least one 7-piece set somewhere in the higher range. But yes, 5-6 piece sets are not uncommon.

Would be 2-pieces sets,like Gladiator’s Creed or Bane of Messia?

Looks interesting, I’d suggest changing the way the tooltips are worded, though.

From

Grants Skill:
Skill Name(Method of Activation)
Description

Skill Effects and Limitations

To something like:

Special:

Method of Activation: – e.g On Attack/When Attacked/When Hit/…
Skill Name
Description

Skill Effects and Limitations

or, without the “Special:”

You’d probably also want to specify uniqueness to the effect, though I think your current wording implies it.

There are a lot of different statistics on Bloodreaper’s Claw: physical damage, armor piercing, bleed, +% bleed, slow, offensive ability, attack speed. This makes me wonder how it easy it will be to compare one item to another when there are so many potential variables.

It does show the dps, too. I think that will make it easier to compare than many weapons in TQ. Of course, you can always just compare your characters dps after you equip it.

*Edit: And Welcome to the forums!