[Grimarillion] Builds and Characters showcase

I haven’t seen any topic for such purpose,as the first one I will share my newest experiment with Doomseeder (as a character showcase,if anybody will be intrested in outgoing build I will update the info),enjoy :slight_smile:

Thank you for using my mod. :+1: If you want to clean up the hud toolbar, delete the “UI\hud” folder. This should free things up for Grimarillion’s hud.

1 Like

thank you!

No problem :+1:

OMG this mod is so much fun I don’t know where to start!

1 Like

What class combo is that? Dream and Terror Knight?

Yeah that’s true :slight_smile: I can’t play without it :slight_smile:

Yeah I’m focusing mostly on TK skills ,but used Dream to build +200 hp/s regen ,with TK I have gone into ressistance skills and banish. I carry items with total +2 to all TK skills right now,so I can eaisly get 3 points when spending just 1 on less important skills. Nearly 100% Fire Damage type right now. It’s fun to run into scared enemies :slight_smile: It feels kinda now it’s your time to become hunter

I see! Terror knight is probably the most OP class right now.

Don’t forget that Ceno is reworking all his Zenith-classes (they will also be nerfed and become more in line with vanilla and the rest of the classes), so once that update is ready it will most likely break your character and you’ll have to reset the Terror Knight mastery via Defiler or GDStash. I’ve been laying low with Zenith masteries until the update is out!

2 Likes

I see nothing wrong with the OP class… :wink: nothing wrong at all… move on…

I do like the Champion. Trying to add something that will make it tough as nails (as if it wasn’t already!

I would love to mix Crusader with it if I thought that S and B option could use a 2 hander as your main hand weapon would recognize that it’s now a single hand weapon from the Champion side.

1 Like

Oh and the Phalanx support cooldown is a bummer on the Crusader too :frowning:

Probably I will refund ingame all points before applying newer version then :slight_smile: Maybe I will run new build then. Now the idea was ,that now I am the monster and all the enemies pisses their pants and run away, it’s kind of role-play - this char is an avanger :stuck_out_tongue: That’s why he has such illusions on armor pieces - he has to be really grim and brutal :slight_smile:

1 Like

This isn’t entirely true.

I’m not basing rebalancing in reference to anything, so to say that Zenith masteries will be in line with one thing or another isn’t entirely accurate. Of course, I’m trying to tone down on screenwide explosions and improve some skills that were far behind even vanilla ones, but the goal for Zenith masteries remains “mechanically more complex but situationally stronger” than vanilla masteries.

As to breaking characters, the most that will happen will be the removal of a few nonfunctional skills here and there. Respeccing out of those skills before installing the updated Zenith/Grimarillion is all that’d need to be done and can be done in-game.

Edit: Terror Knight has not had any skills removed.

Hey Ceno which are a couple of your favorite combos in Grimarillion?

I haven’t played Grimar in years. Didn’t really like the D3 masteries that much when I played them, which isn’t to say they’re poorly made (because they aren’t). My favorite TQ combo was Conqueror (Warfare/Defense) and I enjoyed playing that in Grimar years ago. My favorite Zenith combo is probably Champion/Riftstalker.

2 Likes

Currently I’m having a ton of fun with chaos-focused Nightmare (Necrotic/Dream)! I call it my beam of death character.

She’s only level 67 at the time of writing, so the skills aren’t done yet and might be changed around a little later, but here they are anyway (plan on getting Ikelos’ Fright at the end of Dream):

Necrotic

Dream

(+3 to all skills and +1 to Dream)

My current Relic is Malediction, but I’ll probably end up changing it in the future; just don’t know what to. :smiley:

Here are links to two different devotion plans (a friend with 700+ hours in vanilla made the second one after seeing mine); let me know what you guys think is best!
Mine - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrD4Qj2
Friend’s - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BplPzZ

Main skills being Reaper’s Glare and Somnial Hex, as well as Primordial Transfer and Solael’s Flame (from Symbol of Solael component) for enemies with even higher Chaos resist. At the moment, my Chaos RR (resist reduction) totals to -56% with those skills; if my math is right. Adding 15% chance of (currently) -13% with Eldritch Fire from Devotions, plus 25% chance of 15 RR from Malediction!

And here’s my illusions, cause why not. c: (I named her after a viewer on Twitch and he likes green)

Edit: My energy regen at the moment is 345.29, which is very important when it comes to this character!

1 Like

Hah! I love it. I was looking for a beamskill caster to play and messed around with that necrotic skill, but the huge energy cost scared me away. (I think all skills maxed its like 850/second) I don’t know too much about casters otherwise I’d try to help with devotion setup. Are you going to get the last skill in the Reaper Glare skill line?

I mentioned wanting a beam character - I decided to make a Drain Life caster with spirit, and I am having a blast. Nearing the end of Normal and only lvl 40, but my build framework is set. Going to max Drain life and its synergies, Liche King and Death Chill give resist reduction, and then rely on Warfare and Fury of Ares for a sturdier mastery and some Defense. Battle Standard, Spirit Totem, and Unearthly power all give me a nice dmg boost for those tougher enemies.

Spirit

Warfare

My current draft for devotions - RR for aether and vit and then just going all out for HP and DA.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYdGoWZ

1 Like

Hey, I was looking to do a Monk/Nightblade cold/lightning based melee build centered around Sweeping Wind and Exploding Palm, but I’m not sure how to scale my character on the Nightblade side of things.

Would it be a better idea to go for the passive line at the top and get Shears/Quick Cut/Whirling Death/Execution or am I better off focusing on Blade Burst/Shadow Strike spam?

I also don’t know if I’m spreading myself too thin by focusing on scaling cold/lightning, maybe I should abandon the lightning side of things since it’s only sweeping wind who does anything like that

Feedback appreciated

1 Like

How did you play that Riftstalker with your champion? I originally thought it was some type of Rogue type class add but I was completely wrong…

I personally love WPS skills, so I would go for those, but at the very least I feel like Execute is worth it.

Not sure if you are married to Nightblade, but did you have a look at what TQ Storm mastery gives you? Lots more Light/Cold dmg, and Squall provides wider area -%res. It also has a melee-spin skill that combined with Sweeping Wind can really melt your graphics card.