[GrimTools] Build Calculator

I’ll look into this, thanks for the report.

Hello. I confirm that after enabling bot detection, the link to the build disappeared.

Is that the cause though? Because using AdBlocker does the same thing on Firefox and Edge. I have to turn it off on the website to be able to get the share link.

Dammitt, another problem is the affinities aren’t showing up in the Calc when a link is shared. This is from Maya’s Fluffy Squishy latest 1.1.8.1 build.

I’m 100% sure this has nothing to do with bot detection.

From The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer?

Works for me in Firefox (and also in Google Chrome)

You seem to have another issue as you are lacking the colorful background of the star map in your snippet. There is also that broken image icon in the left upper corner.

Works for me aswell in Firefox and adblock is on.

That’s strange, it didn’t work for me in Firefox when I took that screenshot (AdBlock off), but now it’s fine (still with AdBlock off). :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Ya thats same thing it does with me now, That devo issue is more common.

I’m not sure of anything, but it started about two days ago. At first the calculator was unavailable - then the link button disappeared. Now it is impossible to save the build drawn in the calculator. If possible, please correct!

Example of links when people drop them on discord now, Sometimes it does this for whatever reason.

2 Likes

So, is there a solutionfor this type of problems for the offline tool? This are some screens:

It can happen if they open a link of an existing build (either in incognito mode or CF detects them as possible bots and shows captcha) and then share this build via copying the link from browser’s current tab - that’s pretty stupid way of sharing a link to an already existing build if you ask me. When someone creates a build and gets a link to it via share button, there will be no cf_chl_jschl_tk query parameter, that’s for sure. So I don’t see any problem here.

Ok, I dont understand any of that stuff but ty for reply.

Open your browser in Incognito / InPrivate mode and go to e.g. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxQa0EZ - CloudFlare then extends the URL. But that does not break anything for me.

If the extended URL bothers people, either the one sharing the link or you need to correct the URL by removing the ? and everything behind.

2 Likes

Not in Incognito mode and Cloudflare did not show captcha either or any indication of being detected as a bot. Adblock being on/off made no difference either.

It seems that copy pasting the link instead of generating a new one every single time automatically adds the extra stuff.

Kind of annoying, personally. But not a big deal if it is something that can’t be fixed.

EDIT: To clarify a bit, you don’t even need to open the link and then copy from the address bar or anything like that.

If you copy the link from anywhere (like a forum thread for eg) and then share it without generating a new one and using that, it adds the stuff.

Not sure why or what purpose it serves. Have been to plenty of sites that uses CloudFlare without such problems. So, seems to be unique to GT.

1 Like

Yes thats exactly whats happening, People in discord keep asking about it too.

1 Like

I doubt It’s unique to GT, cause there are no settings to customize bot protection on CF side. Well, maybe in CF enterprise plan there are, but it’s bloody expensive.
I might tinker with some stuff on CF side, but I doubt there will be any difference. It’s annoying, but there doesn’t seem to be away around it.

1 Like

It is alright, you are already doing much for this community and it is much more than we could ask for. We already have workarounds if needed and considering how many hundreds of hours most of us have spent in GT, a few more seconds we can gladly afford :blush:

But that said, I think it would be helpful if the info regarding this particular change were to be added to the OP and/or made visible in the Calculator itself to avoid confusion for new users.

And while on that topic, something completely unrelated request I would like to make is to perhaps add a tab or some way to switch to the SR monster database since currently, outside of manually typing the link in, there doesn’t seem to be a way to get there :bird:

3 Likes

I have the very same problem,
Unable to load the build via link
Unable to generate a link for a build that i created in the tool
Unable to Update

tried the icognito mode and url fix suggested above but neither helped.
Being one that work at oil rigs with no internet acess, this tool is vital for my GD play time =(
Any other suggestion guys?