[GrimTools] Build Calculator

Dammit, may you apply effect of Hungering Void to the health regeneration on the character sheet??

Elemental damage conversion seems to be functioning incorrectly right now. My understanding is that ā€˜10% Physical Damage converted to Elemental Damageā€™ means that a total of 10% of phys damage is converted into ~3.3% each of cold, fire and lightning damage. Right now, Grimtools appears to be converting 30% of phys damage into 10% each of cold, fire and lightning.

Aside from being rather misleading, this also doesnā€™t play well at all with how Grimtools handles >100% conversion. When physical damage conversion affecting weapon attacks exceeds 100%, the calculator loops back around to 0, and stays there no matter how much additional conversion is added on. Thatā€™s not really an issue that gets encountered most of the time, but the tripling of elemental conversion means that itā€™s very easy to hit that ceiling when using skills, items or components such as IEE, an Arcanum Sigilis, or a Shard of Beronath.

The web app seems to be categorized as "Weapon"and is being blocked by our network admins at work. Can we change the category to ā€œGamesā€:p. Would love to do some theorycrafting at breaks.

Just a minor suggestion. Is it possible to allow searching the devotions for a specific statistic and highlighting the constellations with it. Like if I search ā€œAether Resistanceā€ it would highlight all constellations with that. Helps when you are looking for a specific stat to improve like OA/DA/Crit Damage etc. With more constellations coming in the expansion, this would help a bit. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I can add this in future release

Maybe a bug, Iā€™ll look into this on the weekend.

Perhaps, I didnā€™t get what you mean, but what you are sayng about conversion is not true. If it exceeds 100%, then all conversion % are weighted based on total amount, e.g. if 40% of physical is converted to fire and 80% of physical is converted to aether, then 33.3% of physical will be converted to fire and 66.5% to aether. Iā€™ll double check this, but it was working couple weeks ago.

I can attest to this, iā€™ve seen problems with things such as 130% X damage converted to Y. As a quick example, compare this with this.

Edit: I havenā€™t found any problems comparing 100% and 101% Physical to Elemental however.

Attribute requirement seems to have disappeared from armor pieces, but not from other equipment pieces. Issue seems to be on the database too.

Also just wanted to say I love this tool and probably spend more time on it than the game nowadays :smiley:

Hereā€™s an example of 102% physical conversion, highlighting the effective tripling of -> elemental conversion. The elemental damages in the output are flat values, and the full physical damage (after armour piercing conversion) is shown. That indicates that thereā€™s no physical conversion taking place. By taking one point out of IEE, we can reduce the total physical conversion to 96%, which shows up correctly for the Weapon Attack and Weapon Damage values.

EDIT: Here we go. 101% physical conversion from Solaelā€™s Witchfire, Wrathmourne, and Iskandraā€™s Prism. With Proc Buffs off, thereā€™s 35% physical conversion (30% Wrathmourne, 5% SW), resulting in 176-232 physical and 251-331 aether damage. Toggling Proc Buffs on adds 66% conversion from Iskandraā€™s Prism, giving 267-353 physical and 3-4 aether damage. I was actually expecting 0 aether, but itā€™s probably the result of a rounding error, at a guess? Adding a Blessed Steel reduces the aether to 2-3, but doesnā€™t change the physical.

Also just wanted to say I love this tool and probably spend more time on it than the game nowadays

You and me both :smiley:

Indeed Iā€™ve missed that part and % wasnā€™t divided by 3. The fix will be included in the next update.

Thanks for the examples, Iā€™ve identified the issue and fixed it internally, itā€™s not public yet though.

Thanks, the fix will be included in the next update.

Iā€™ve deployed a fix that should resolve issues with conversion calculations. Requirements for armor pieces were fixed too.

Thanks Dammitt for this very handy tool :slight_smile:

In the skill calculator when you have stun jack, Canister Bomb, Gernado, and Ulzuinā€™s Chosen you are unable to completely get rid of any of the prerequisite skills for Ulzuinā€™s chosen even if you have one of the other prerequisite skill for it. You have to get rid of Ulzuinā€™s Chosen to remove a prerequisite skill.

Not sure if anyone has pointed it out but auras casted by pets such as Storm Spirit and Emboldening Roar arenā€™t currently supported by the calculator.

The above abilities as examples have some rather nice stats that normal builds, hybrids and pet builds can take advantage of such as the flat Elemental damage or Offensive Ability and Physical Resistance.

Would it be possible to add these?

Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m the only one experiencing this, but all of my saved builds are missing items. Everything was fine yesterday, but now theyā€™re all missing seemingly random pieces of equipment.

Examples:
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZed3YV8
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7MmwNQ
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWnXd2J

EDIT: It also looks like every single armor piece lost its augment.

Thanks for report! Iā€™ve rebuilt diffs due to lack of one attribute but forgot to switch to old mapping file when building db data, so items were not recognized. Thereā€™s no need to worry about builds safety. The issue was fixed, just reload the page and everything should be fine.
Sorry for that, Iā€™ll try to be move careful in future.

P.S. as a result of this fuck up, old build created in the last couple hours are invalid because they use wrong item/skill mapping :frowning:

Thanks, Iā€™ll provide a fix in the next update.

Yeah, it might be a good idea. Iā€™ve never played pet builds in GD, so not really sure which skills are considered pet auras, the descriptions are kinda vague. Plus they seem to be not permanent? Will a separate toggle button ā€œpet buffsā€ suffice?

Would it be possible to add a way to have no affinity requirement for the devotion or at least an option? Itā€™s much easier for me to theory craft that way.

So instead of starting from the crossroads I start from the T3 constellation!

Now that all skills are revealed, any chance of getting necromancer and inquisitor added in grimtools?

You can click the gear icon on the left and then tick the ā€œIgnore devotion requirementā€ option.

No, because:

1. The skills for both masteries are still being developed
  2. Zantai didnā€™t give permission to post any stuff from expac
  3. I donā€™t have access to expac resources