[GrimTools] Build Calculator

Unless someone else can list whether certain ones (and which) are permanent, then sure.

Minor update

I’ve updated the logic that determines what buffs the character can have, now it accounts for “pet” buffs. But I’m not sure whether I show them in correct categories (permanent/temporary), because currently I consider the buff permanent if it’s always on while the “pet” is active, even if the “pet” is temporary. If it’s inconvenient, I can move these buffs into temporary category. “Pet” is put in brackets because some skills are considered pets from engine perspective.

For those who are interested, here’s the current list of buffs available from “pets”:

From masteries:

• Occultist: Storm Spirit (Summon Familiar) [perm]
  • Occultist: Hellfire (Summon Hellhound) [perm]
  • Shaman: Emboldening Roar (Summon Briarthorn) [temp]
  • Shaman: Blood Pact (Wendigo Totem) [perm]

From items:

• Salazar’s Harbinger (Salazar’s Sovereign Blade) [perm]
  • Revenant of Og’Napesh (Black Grimoire of Og’Napesh) [temp]
  • Banner of Doom (Doombringer) [perm]

From item sets:

• Ritual Circle (Black Flame Covenant) [perm]

From devotion:

• None

The issue was fixed.

Hello Dammitt,

In our community forum it was told that Menhir’s Bulwark skill description in GDBC is incomplete - there is no information on life reduction resistence. I checked it - this part is really missed, see screenshot with skill description (from the game) here: https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/images/2017/08/3e2de39abbda0c55fba5d76c0a5abeb6.jpg. Could you please fix skill description in GDBC?

P.S: I have a question on settings usage. How does setting “Show pet attributes and skills” work? I was not able to figure out the difference in character windows statistic for summoner builds when the option is enabled/disabled. May be I missed something.

Regards,
Strannik

Good catch! It’s fixed now, plus I’ve added missing “% Reflected Damage Reduction” which was also not shown due to incorrect formatter mapping. The fix was applied to both db and calc.

This option is related to item UI, basically if you turn it on, you’ll be able to see pet attributes and skills on items that grant pets.

Dammitt, thank you for the fix and the option work clarification!

Hello Dammitt,

I have found that GDBC does not support the buff (proc) “Fade from Reality” from Fateweaver’s Mantle. Is it possible to add support for this proc in calculator, so we can turn it in as one of temporary buffs?

Regards,
Strannik

Hey, I’ve just checked and it shows up in the list of proc skills:

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVL1QMZG

This skill requires caster off-hand, maybe your char doesn’t have it?

Is there a way to edit an uploaded character file?
Grimtools currently displays my build as is, it would be a cool feature if I could theorycraft upon that

Do you mean actual character file editing? You can use GD Stash for that. This calc is for theorycrafting only.

No, what I mean is uploading a character file into grimtools and then further theorycrafting upon the build on it’s current level
So, building from it’s current state to its endgame goals instead of ‘from scratch’

Edit: I just also noticed that grimtools has the build on ultimate difficulty while it’s in fact on normal veteran…

I see. Currently you can edit you character after upload without any problems. When you make some changes, just share this build to store it on server, and later you can use the link to further modify your character. The only problem is that when the char file is uploaded and that character is not max level, then its actual stats are used, so you can’t increase skill/attribute points to max level. I’ll try to provide a solution for that in the nearest future.

Ok, thank you
That indeed answers my question
It would be great if you could add such a function

Wait a minute
That means there’s a way around that using GD stash right?
I could give the save file the maximum in attribute and skill points and upload that
Problem solved, for now

My bad, you are right - I forgot about proc requirement. Thank you for the help!

Dammitt,

Could you please take a look at “Golemborn” buff from Golemborn Greaves? The proc has chance to be activeted when the character is hitted and it should increase the armor. When I turn it on in calculator I can’t see any changes in armor rating.

Armor rating is calculated separately from all other stats and there was indeed an error, it applied only +% bonus armor, flat bonus was never accounted for. I fixed it locally and double checked that it’s correct now, however the fix will go live only tomorrow, I guess.
Thanks for report!

Edit: should be fixed now

Hello Dammitt,

Here comes a current version of the German translation! :rolleyes: :wink:

Here’s the update some of you have been waiting for:

• Added Inquisitor and Necromancer masteries. Please note these masteries are stilll in testing, so the numbers on skills and provided bonuses may change prior to release.
  • The search form in devotion view has been reworked, now you are able to search for needed stats in stars/celestial powers or search by constellation name.
  • You can change character level by clicking on it in the character sheet. It capped to the maximum level, currently it’s 85.
  • When a character is uploaded, its attributes and skills are now set to maximum possible values, rather than being capped by the values from save file — this allows to theorycraft on further character progression.
  • Added an option to highlight MIs both in the calculator and in the database, it’s turned on by default.
  • Fixed an issue with active mana/life cost from skills not being accounted for in stat sheet.
  • Fixed an issue with channelled skills not displaying energy cost per second correctly.

To translators: there are couple new strings to translate, updated file is in the OP.

P.S. New items are not included currently.
P.P.S. Offline version of the calc is ready, and will be released at some point in the future.

Many thanks this great tool!!! :smiley:

I appreciate the effort as well Dammit! Thank you for creating and maintaining this for so long :smiley: