[GrimTools] Build Calculator

Build calc is up now too. I don’t really like the looks of db after backup was restored, but I’ll investigate it tomorrow, maybe I’m just tired and imagining things.
There’s a chance that a small portion of ppl will still see “Maintenance is in progress” message, this means that your provider dns wasn’t updated and you are actually seeing the site on my old hosting, I can’t do anything about it, you’ll just have to wait until dns records are updated.

It seems that dns change was mostly propagated, but this probably covers only major providers, e.g. for some reason in London it still points to the old site.

sorry for that

https://www.grimtools.com/db/itemsets/160

Thank you Dammit for that awesome tool. GD wouldn’t be the same without it.

I do have a short question though I’m afraid it was asked before, yet I couldn’t find the answer to this.
When I check builds is there any way to show only the spent mastery-points without item bonuses? Similar to the mouseover in game with the primary stats (cunning, spirit etc.)?

Thanks in advance and keep it up. I’m glad the server move worked quite fast.

Press Shift + Ctrl to only see spent points in the skill window.
Quite handy, that.

Proud Patreon!

I told my discord members to donate, will probably do a YT shout-out video too (I was planning in making a video about GrimTools soon just to show the new features)

Currently I’m not pleased with the new hosting at all. Avg response time went from 500ms to 4000ms and initial site load is pretty bad :frowning:
We’ll see how it goes, but perhaps I’ll be looking into other vps if this continues. If there will be yet another hosting change, this won’t affect users, because the site will still be availabe at the current hosting during dns naming change.

I’ve been trying to upload a build from a character save file but quite a few of them upload an old version of the character (a level 100 comes up as it was at level 23 for example). No idea how to correct this, is there something I can do?
Edit: not using any mods

This is not possible if you select correct character/files, GT read the file you supplied and doesn’t alter it in any way.
Are you sure that you use the correct files, e.g. _CharName and not __CharName? Or maybe you’ve swithched from cloud saves to local or vice versa and now uploading character from wrong directory?

thank you very much for this offline version :slight_smile:

Oh boy, I love you. Really VERY handy! Thanks a lot, stranger!

The site should be generally a bit faster than before now. But I need to move database one more time, this will cause a downtime for about an hour or two
(worst case scenario) on Saturday morning, european time, but I can’t tell an exact time yet. After that no downtime is planned for foreseeable future.

Hey, relatively new to the forums, but I’ve been using GrimTools for a long time and really appreciate all the work you’ve put into it!

Clicked through the feedback link to say that I would really love functionality for toggling individual temporary or proc buffs, rather than all or none. e.g. I’m working on a Righteous Fervor build and would like to be able to see the effects of Consecration and Retribution without also having Ascension, Overguard, etc show up as well, since they’re “more” temporary than the others.

This is on my todo list, seems easy enough, but it’s not high priority, so no ETA at the moment.

Build sharing is temporarily disabled due to DB migration. I’ll let you know when it will be available.

Edit: it’s reenabled again. Everything looks good now.

Small update:

• Fixed attack speed calculation for dual-wield ranged.
  • Build page title is now prerendered on the server the same way it does for item/monster db. For build calc this has no impact on SEO cause builds are not indexed by robots, but at least when bookmarking builds the page title won’t be just “Build Calculator” as before and instead will include class, level and game version.

Can you fix the scroll issue on the Devotions tab? When I use my mouse wheel to scroll it zooms so far out that I can barely see it.

Didn’t there used to be a +/- button on screen to zoom?

Actually saw that like 7 - 8 hours ago. :smiley: It’s a cool feature, but I still change it all the time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hm, never heard of this issue before. You mean that when you scroll a little bit, it just zooms in/out way too much and there’s no in-between? +/- button exists only in the game itself, I never added it, but it’s pretty easy to do. I’ll check this on the weekend.

Yeah, the forum is wonky lately. I wasn’t able to log in earlier today for some reason and now even sending a message may randomly result in error page with status code 500 or db error.

I’m pretty sure Build Calculator has bugged energy regen now, because most of my characters that had 70+ now have 51, also, my AAR build which in game can hold AAR for ~12 minutes without going out of energy magically consumes ~120 energy per second in GT. Also, this AAR build has 51.15 energy regen in GT, while in game over 100 (162 iirc, but haven’t opened this character for months now).