[GrimTools] Build Calculator

my thought was it might be because he is planning on bringing his last epoch build calc online. Perhaps that wasnt possible with the GD calc up because they are built with some things shared?
Wild speculation really lol

1 Like

That would save a lot work :smiley:

This is actually what I want to talk with Dammitt about. I want to write a tool thatā€™ll either take GrimTools output (the data api thatā€™s currently disabled) or load up the builds file the offline version generates and then spit out a character file ready for testing.

1 Like

Hello. Is there a way zoom out the offline version? The ā€œsaveā€ button to equip gear is not showing in my screen and there is no horizontal scrollbar either.
my resolution is 1366 x 768 if that helps.

Grimtools has really taken over the build community over the past few years, to the point that every single build that Iā€™ve seen in the past few years (including all AoM and FG builds) was completely set up in grimtools and would be prohibitively difficult to recreate if grimtools became permanently unavailable. Iā€™m assuming that he pays some sort of upkeep on the site, what happens in a day/week/5 years when he decides itā€™s not worth it to maintain the site anymore?

no idea what server cost per month is

Only the build calculator is down. All other parts work. So maybe an issue with the database, api, some other patching issue, etc.

1 Like

Seriously thinking to become a Patreon patron. I wonder if there are benefits to it~?

1 Like

No benefits other than contribution to one of the best tools in the history of ARPGs

think you can pledge for as little as 1$/month, that is a bag of peanuts

1 Like

Calc was disabled for several hours to figure out a certain problem with bots, Iā€™ve enabled it again, but I probably will take it down tomorrow too. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Offline version should work since api part is not affected, only website portion of calc is.

7 Likes

@Dammitt can I get a minute of your time for a quick chat?

hey guys, i have downloaded the offline version of the tool from the link near the start of the original post,(GD 1.1.8.1 x64bit) for some reason when i am trying to add a build from an online link it keeps failing. any idea what causes it, the online version works, since i can see builds there just fine. It seems someone talks about a trick a few replies above, but if he is talking about the same issue, i dunno where to find the previous version of this tool.

I have the same issue (links donā€™t work and no earlier version)

Problems with bots sounds not nice.

I noticed a bug when you upload a character using the Wanton Carnage rings (Mythical Left/Right Hand of Carnage), they are not loaded :

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23mYw7Z

That would be a cheat, I dont except it.

Thanks, I had a great laugh in front of the monitor which improved my mood greatly :slight_smile:

These donā€™t appear to be in a non-modded game, so thatā€™s probably why.

https://www.grimtools.com/db/itemsets/169 seems to exist in regular game

1 Like

I searched Carnage and couldnā€™t find, but I had only the Legendary filter on. Too early in the morning here! BRB, coffee

1 Like