[GrimTools] Build Calculator

There are still many people playing GD without cheat, GI broke their heart once, I dont want GT to become the next one.:slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Even if GT comes with such a feature(which I personally would love btw), it will have zero effect on anyone who doesnā€™t want to use it. So I donā€™t see any downsides regarding that.

3 Likes

Hello, can someone explain me if this is normal or not, but I am trying to ā€œLoad build from linkā€¦ā€ and it errors me with ā€œcanā€™t load buildā€. Build is ofcourse outdated coz it is from 1.1.4.2 or 1.1.6.2 so probably related to that but still I want to know if that is normal behavior from Offline Grimtools :wink:

Thank You very much for such perfect tool for builds <3

It seems everyone is having that same problem with the recent update.

Anyone know why if I go to the online tool on my phone, I can access everything. But if I use my PC, it gives me 404 errors and a generic placeholder page?

No, because itā€™s working fine on PC. When did you try it last?

2 Likes

Ive been trying all weekend. Ive tried everything i can think of. Different browsers, offline tool, vpn, disabling all addons. No matter how I try, my pc isnā€™t wanting to connect. Closest thing I ever got to work is if I were to use a website like Google Translate to access it, it will load the page but obviously the site canā€™t work through Google Translate.

Very strange, never heard of that sort of problem before. Do you have any adblocker programme on your PC at all? That does block the share link icon for me if I have it on the website. Have you tried allowing the programme through any anti-virus ones you may be using? When were you last able to access it on your PC?

Maybe try clearing the browser cache. I see you didnā€™t mention that in the list of things you tried.

1 Like

Potential bug report: Grimtools appears to be including attack speed above the 200% cap in its APS calculations.

Check these two sample builds:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwl8YbN

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2J15BjN

Both use the same weapon. With buffs and procs enabled, both hit the 200% attack speed cap. The first one reports 3.66 APS; the second reports 4.61 APS.

The only thing I can see that might be causing this is that the second build has significantly higher attack speed overcap (258%), which shouldnā€™t matter.

Because it includes overcaps also, one has %5 overcap, the other has %58 overcap soā€¦

Is that intended behavior? Attack speed above 200% doesnā€™t actually make you attack faster in-game, right?

Donā€™t think itā€™s intended but there is already a cap in the game and overcaping it just useful when you get slow debuff.

Right, I get that overcapping a stat gives you a buffer that protects against debuffs to that stat, same way it works for resistances.

But itā€™s still a bug that Grimtools is reporting APS numbers as if they included attack speed over the cap when actually they donā€™t, right?

Iā€™m playing this game for 8 months now and using the GT during this time, it was all this way so either it needs a lot of work to fix that which doesnā€™t matter anyway or itā€™s doesnā€™t matter so who cares.

1 Like

Hey Dammit , I been having some annoying issues with GT since it got worked on. My links randomly break , devos wont load ā€œcorrectlyā€ and I thought I knew exactly when it did it butā€¦ well Im not really sure.
If I copy a link and then just change some things in that GT and go to copy a new link, It will (sometimes) say ā€œunable to get linkā€
Then at times , the background wont load for devos (the stars) and wont display the emblems for the tiers they belong to.

Unable to get a link to a build in offline version, get error message. Updated to ver. 1.1.8.1.

I have no idea what you mean by ā€œworked onā€, there were no changes whatsoever in the last couple months, so the issue must be on your side somewhere. Or you can elaborate and give more detailed info on how to reproduce any of those issues.

The only change thatā€™s new is that I turned on bot detection on cdn, but Iā€™m pretty sure it shouldnā€™t cause any issues, plus thereā€™s no other way around it, because there are bots that request full site with js interpreter, and I have no idea what these are apart from the one that Max uses in discord.

1 Like

Iā€™ll look into this, thanks for the report.

Hello. I confirm that after enabling bot detection, the link to the build disappeared.