[GrimTools] Build Calculator

I didn’t notice that, so thanks. That solves the very minor problem and not the much larger one at all.

I don’t see any problem apart from extra query parameter added by CF. I was unable to reproduce any issues with builds not loading, so I’m still under the impression that only a small portion of users is affected. There won’t be any fix until someone provides actual steps to reproduce these issues.

You mean that I’m stupid enough to do this on purpose?
It was necessary to stops certain bots. I’m not sure how long it will last, but for now it is what it is.

Tell that to all other people who still somehow manage to use GT on daily basis, because the number of visits per day didn’t really change since then.

2 Likes

I’ve increased timeout for CF challenge to 4 hours (was 30 minutes before), perhaps that was the reason for those cases when share button didn’t work.

Offline version won’t really work for now due to CF bot protection which basically makes API unusable, there’s no workaround for that, sorry.

T haven’t had too much trouble, but it seems to work better now with the increased timeout. Thanks for all your work.

1 Like

Same, it works like a charm! Better than ever! Thanks for this awesome and free tool! I really appreciate the hard and dedicated work!

Since CF blocks the build link share, could you make it able to export some kind of save file so i could import it at offline tool?
thats a workaround, no ideia if it will give you much work or headaches, just a suggestion.

Please try to reload the page by pressing CTRL + F5. Or use a different browser. Does that bring the Link to this build button back? Someone already had that issue in September, so it might not even be related to the Cloudflare protection.

If you use AdBlock or similar that hides the share link on some browsers.

Not sure if we’re talking about the same issue,
I’m talking about being unable to load build links at the offline tool.
If we’re talking about the same, i have tried other browser, no sucess.

Sorry, my bad. I misread your posts and was under the impression you were using the online tool. Then I can only suggest to use it instead of the offline tool :man_shrugging:

I hope that eventually I’ll be able to disable CF bot block so the issue will disappear. I don’t want to waste free time for extra stuff to export save files for offline tool which almost no one uses.

Well, it seems like the site can be essentially unusable on less standard resolutions.

I have a second monitor specifically so I can do things like pull up the builder while still in-game, or mess around making dumb, barely functional builds during downtime…but the second monitor is 1280 by 1024, and, well, this. That’s it, that’s the whole screen.

Welcome to the forums!

While the resolution issue you describe can be a minor nuisance, there does appear to be a “fix” available— simply decrease your browser’s zoom on the page (probably to around 85 or 90% size or so will do) until the grimtools page is zoomed out enough that X and save icons you need appear in their usual place on the upper right. Additionally, if you want, I think most/all browsers should let you pin some kind of zoom control to your browser toolbar if you prefer to adjust zoom via click rather than mouse scroll.

Weird. Well, at least it works. Thanks!

Can we get a confirmation for leaving the page when an ad is clicked? Or open up the ad in a new tab? It’s possible to accidentally click it and lose your progress before saving it via link.

Have you changed something today / yesterday?
I’m not able to load builds on Firefox, Opera is fine.

can’t load build

I tried restarting / Ctrl + F5.

I tested a random build with Firefox, and it’s working for me.

1 Like

No there weren’t are changes in quite some time, so it’s something on your end. You might try cleaning up cache / delete cookies for the site.

1 Like

Thanks, deleting GrimTools.com cookies has fixed the problem.

Updated to 1.1.9.0. Sorry for the delay.

13 Likes