[GrimTools] Interactive World Map

Thanks, Iā€™ll look into it

halloļ¼Œmaybe we can have off-line map?

What would be really awesome, is to have an active map tracker running on a second computer that would show current location.

Great tool. Glad I found it. Thanks.

Map is not accurate for some Shrines, some have been removed.
Have spent the last Four Hours looking for ones that no longer exist :frowning:

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

They all exist, but are not all available on all difficulties. If you have the base game then there are more on Normal than on Elite and more on Elite than Ultimate. If you have the Ashes expansion only then Normal still has more than Elite and Ultimate do. If you have the Forgotten Gods expansion as well then that is reversed with Ultimate having the most, then Elite and the least on Normal. That said, with Forgotten Gods there are a total of 157 shrines over all difficulties.

Rather than use the World Map, youā€™d do better to use the Checklist and then select the difficulty youā€™re on to see what shrines are on that difficulty.

https://www.grimtools.com/checklist/shrines/normal

There are also these 2 lists for base/AoM and FG shrines depending on what you have of the game which tell you which ones are available in each difficulty and what their requirements are.

Like medea says ā€¦

In addition, in the map, at each shrine is noted on which difficulty level it is available, see the 2 examples.
ā€œNEUā€ means in all difficulty levels, ā€œEUā€ only in Elite and Ultimate. :wink:
image image

Somehow managed to miss the NEU thing and that makes me hella sad.
The fact that it reverses between base and DLC strikes me as a VERY strange and nonsensical decision.

1 Like

Well, with the Forgotten Gods expansion Merit Tokens were introduced which allow players to skip difficulties if they want to so Ultimate got 59 shrines in total so players wanting only one playthrough could get all devotion points on the one difficulty.

Most players skip up to Ultimate and then drop back down into Normal, since the tokens unlock the riftgates on the lower difficulties, and then they grab many shrines which are near to riftgates on that difficulty before going back into Ultimate.

Even with this new information Iā€™m lost. I have all the DLC, but I have no idea about the merits or the difficulty increases. When I started my character on normal I had my basic starting equipment and thatā€™s it, stash was empty as well.
Would they show up if I started an ultimate character?
This game does not seem very new player friendly (only in the dev stream of 7th December 2018? Seriously?), and even with a character approaching 70 Iā€™m still learning basic bullshit things =/

No. You must get a character into either Elite or Ultimate difficulty Forgotten Gods content to be able to buy the tokens.

https://www.grimdawn.com/guide/about/forgotten-gods/#q07 <ā€“Game Guide - Difficulty Merits

https://grimdawn.fandom.com/wiki/Difficulty <ā€“The wiki likewise mentions the merits

Okay, so I can go from normal to elite to ultimate FROM normal then? How? Again, I have the DLC, so I should have access to the tokens and also the level skip (Iā€™m confused on this, youā€™ve told me I need the tokens to do the level skip, but I need to have elite or ultimateā€¦ but I get there FROM normal?)

And that explains it far better than a wall of text did, thank you.
Iā€™m still lost on the switching back to normal thing, do I justā€¦ ā€œBuyā€ the merit to take my shit back down to easy mode?
Also What. The merits unlock rift gates on lower difficulties?
As in thereā€™s hidden/locked gates for whatever reason?

1 Like

You basically buy the merits and put 'em in your shared stash for alternate characters to access and use. They then use the merit and from there they can freely move between all difficulty tiers at will from the Main Menu (assuming they are using the Ultimate merit).

Keep in mind that new characters will have needed to completed the first main quest to open up access in Devilā€™s Crossing to the Smuggler to get access to the stash. Alternately, if you own the Crucible DLC you can enter into this mode and immediately access your shared stash via the npcā€™s within the mode - and thus gain access to any merits you have placed in the shared stash.

head desk

Is there an issue?

You two have saved me HOURS of grinding and sensless wandering in order to just try and finish the story and DLC questing.
I am not quite sure how I want to feel about the new information, how it was or was not conveyed by the devs, and how the community had to clean it up and make it accessible for new players.
Now I have to condense this and understand it so my smoothbrain can make use of it while I play, and forward the info to other people that decided to join me in getting the game recently.
A Heartfelt Thank You.
AAAAAAAA WHY ARE THINGS HIDDEN. I found Elite difficulty in the main menu.
This game has a dumb way of doing silly things.

1 Like

As I said, you must first get a character into the Forgotten Gods content on either Elite or Ultimate to be able to buy them. You can then put them in the transfer stash for your other characters to use. Read the link/watch the video to see how they work.

Play through the base game and youā€™ll get a message that you unlocked Elite. Exit back to the character screen, select Elite and do the first Act and kill Warden Kreig and then you can go into the FG content on Elite to buy tokens. Repeat the same procedure to go from Elite into Ultimate.

AH, there was a video at the bottom of the text wall, and thatā€™s what I was supposed to take out of the quote, gotcha.