[GrimTools] Interactive World Map

Done. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for your great job!

Can’t find Vizier Anoxis on map of Swarming Hatchery.

Best regards.

Please note that Dammitt won’t be able to update grimtools until Saturday, 30th November at the earliest.

2 Likes

just comparing this map with another for a bit, still rather lacking imho
for example there’s no “secret” wall or secret location showing in map (which is why i read the map in the first place). it does show the box/chest but not the path itself, which is also important
and also there’s no reminder of some sort for all notes/shrine i’ve encountered
well there is some checklist in other part of the site, but i think it’s better they showed up in map too

i think it’s those 2 above i’ve found lacking compared the other one
thanks

Your ingame map shows which shrines you’ve cleansed or not cleansed yet.

True, that’s because there’s no indicator in the game map data for a secret door/path, and compared to the other map (maphack, I presume), GT map is built automatically from game data, so it contains up-to-date data. Maphack on the other hand lacks a lot of stuff, because everything is entered there manually. Although GT map is not updated to the latest patch, but that’s because I don’t have any access to my pc until this weekend.

Map and checklist were designed as two separate resources and I have no intention of combining them into one.

You are free to use another map, this one won’t be updated to your wishes, it’s used as a read only tool for reference, not as a checklist.

allright, that’s fast response lol
thanks for the response, honestly i want to use just 1 map/tool instead of 2
but this will do

btw just some question about map, since you can extract the map from game, why is no one ever make a “modified” map as a mod in the first place? something like fallout map mod, or stalker (i think there’s one)

Not sure, to be honest. It’s entirely possible to modify the map. This will involve proper map compilation / decompilation, there’s a public map decompiler posted here somewhere, it’s probably working, so people can decompile and recompile the map if they wanted to, this question should be directed to modders, I guess.

Just getting back to playing. This map is nice. One question is it possible to have more zoom?

No!

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/grimtools-interactive-world-map/46240/67

The map was updated. Due to odd pathing the whole Howling Depths area was left out after map parsing, which led to certain items and monsters missing in GT. Now the issue is fixed, item/monster databses were updated as well.

Thanks for the link!

It has recently been talked about among us that the location of the newly added journal “Scion of the Sands” is not listed in the GrimTools (map & checklist).

The note is placed in a hidden place from “Morgoneth’s Folly”.

Thanks, I’ll review the map and update it if necessary in couple days.

The map is only available in English at the moment.

What about the translations to other languages? As far as I remember, there was a German translation in older versions?

Offline version was updated to 1.1.5.2.
P.S. All translations for online version were added.

1 Like

TKS for you work.TKS,good day.nice

SORRY TO interrupt, the offlin map seem that it’s not have picture at main page.i don’t know no why?is my mistake?

I just encountered Valdaran in Port Valbury, but on the Grimtools Map this is not indicated as a possibility…

Not sure what you are talking about, there are 8 locations for Valdaran in Port Valbury as you can see here: https://www.grimtools.com/map/groups/376