Guardians of Empyrion - why this proc limitation?

Hey there,

Turns out that GoE can proc every single -%RR devotion in the game. Except for Arcane bomb.
I think this is unfair, although I assume that the idea was that GoE should only be allowed to proc damge devotions they have something to do with. Since Arcane bomb only has Aether and Lightning.

But then again, GoE can proc Hand of Ultos - also only lightning.
Isnt this inconsistent?

Bottom line is: I want my Guardians to be able to proc all -%RR devotions, not all minus one. Who´s in?

1 Like

There’s a good reason fot that. Arcane Bomb is a pet and GoE is a pet as well. When pet summons a pet it will use pet’s stats rather than master’s. Vassal of my vassal ain’t my vassal sort of thing.

5 Likes

I see. So, knowing the system behind this issue, I can understand it now.
But still, from a distance, it doesnt make sense.

1 Like

Iirc the pet summons a pet thing was removed during aom cause binding stuff like arcane bombs on runes caused some issues with the bomb stats since runes exploded at the same time the bombs get summoned and you can’t copy the stats of things that don’t exist anymore… So crate just removed the entire thing

Basically it caused Arcane Bomb to do far less damage than intended when it was procced by a player scaled pet.

Alright. Though. Well, dont wanna sound cocky or so, Crate is grate and so forth.
But why was the solution deleting instead of fixing?

Engine… This is the real reason of many things in the game, some overlooked things became game mechanics in time because of this.

2 Likes

I don’t know, a sequel might not create the same atmosphere because it either have complete new classes, new skills, new FXs which may not be a GD 2 and just became another rpg. Which is not bad but imo it won’t be Grim Dawn 2. It should have a different world and events to be appealing. Or it compulsorily take every event in the Grim Dawn without changing but just adding thus it’ll be a copy.

But! Devs may have create the same game with a new engine and instead of uptading this game, they can update the new game. It will bring new updating possibilities and new big patches like FG and new classes. I believe every GD player will pay such thing. Because in this scenario the ‘‘Grim Dawn 2’’ will not be another game or a copy of the game, it will replace the Grim Dawn and embrace it’s future.

As it is Grim Dawn has no future than a few more small addings.