Guide for helping how to choose your build!

Can’t say I agree with much of it. Ceno: Sentinel worse than warlock? COMMANDO A-TIER BETTER THAN DERVISH?

Wolf: defiler C-Tier better than E-Tier sorcerer?

Why we don’t write our opinion in current state? They are of course subjective,but um it’s interesting challenge.

Imo there are too many variables and criteria to say that one class is better than the other (with a few exceptions). Do we consider just the best build from each class or consider if the class provides a variety of strong builds? Do we only take into account builds possible in a legit game or does anything go? Do we focus on pure dps or do we consider “extracurricular” achievements like celestially or deep shards?

If a knew the answer and it was simple,I already will write it :smiley:

But let’s say top build earns more points,second less.Having diversity of damage and styles is plus.Having easy gear also.So some kind of mish-mash potatos and tomatos and whatever you throw in a soup and create homogenize mass.

It’s tough,later can give it a try.Ofc different people have different opinions.

TIER 1: Warlord, Dervish, Vindicator
TIER 2: Infiltrator, Blademaster, Archon, Shieldbreaker, Conjurer
TIER 3: Cabalist, Purifier, Paladin, Trickster
TIER 4: Witch Hunter, Mage Hunter, Ritualist, Tactician, Witchblade, Death Knight, Spellbinder
TIER 5: Templar, Sorcerer, Sentinel, Oppressor
TIER 6: Apostate, Druid, Warder, Deceiver, Commando, Spellbreaker, Reaper
TIER 7: Battlemage, Warlock, Defiler, Saboteur

Some explanation of possible controversies:

Infiltrator is only tier 2. RoH is over - no longer worth the sacrifices. Inquisitor’s been getting nerf after nerf. Many non-Deathmarked infiltrators actually struggle with health and other things. But I agree this is debatable. Actually I also wanted to put Warlord here because access to shield stats was so terribly nerfed that they are imo no longer worth this much investment but Warlord is still number 1 for all things tanky so…

Dervish is absolutely top tier as it has 2 builds that are strongest it their category - Venomblade as dw (if you don’t exclude hybrids) and PB as spam caster. This is NOT debatable. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Spellbinder is surprisingly low because even though no other class got so many nerfs it’s still getting nerfs, and Z isn’t holding back. It has only one very good build and even that build is no longer among the best.

I wanted to make a special tier for commando as I feel it doesn’t deserve to be among his TIER 6 peers but still isn’t as hopeless as defiler or battlemage. Commando has no synergy beyond Beronath Sword and it’s still the worst choice for a Beronath build. There’s also Shar’Zul firewave but it’s also the worst option (Tactician and Warlord are better) even though the weapon supports a lot of demo. .

I would put Death Knight on tier 5, Warder in tier 4. Perhaps Witch hunter in Tier 5…
But you did a much better job than Ceno and Wolf!

I agree, every time I look at this list I feel like changing something.

Death Knight is imo high because of Krieg set which is to-go beginner melee. But it’s also quite good as a Beronath build.

Witch Hunter still kicks ass as Demonslayer PB. I saw the latest remake of Sir Spanksalot’s and one might even argue it’s better than the dervish; he broke some records in naked crucible with it iirc.

Warder… was a tough one. Maybe, yeah, deserves better. Also unsure about Druid and Deceiver.

1 Like

I might do a ranking of my own, based on the three categories I introduced previously.

Paladin must be higher on the list. I just level one and I am convinced that this mastery is almost on par with warlord.
Also agree on the fall of infiltrator. Rune is gone and there is limited build variation in infiltrator itself.

Interesting challenge, I might try to do one myself

Time to add my evaluation,I will use Ya tier system

• TIER 1:Warlord,Dervish,Infiltrator,Vindicator

• TIER 2 : Blademaster,Shieldbreaker,Paladin,Trickster,Purifier

• TIER 3 : Archon,Opressor,Conjurer,Cabalist,Sentinel

• TIER 4: Mage Hunter,Templar,Ritualist,Witchblade,Death Knight,Tactician,Spellbinder

• TIER 5 : Witch Hunter,Reaper,Warder,Spellbreaker

• TIER 6 : Commando,Sorcerer,Druid,Apostate,Pyromancer,Deciever,Elementalist

• TIER 7: Battlemage,Warlock,Defiler

Maybe swap Infiltrator with Paladin?

1 Like

Alright let me see if I get it right:

• TIER 1: Pet builds
  • TIER 2: Warlords
  • TIER 3: Everything else

:grin:

2 Likes

Pet builds are not classes,though!

You can do rank, Tier 1 :Conjurer,Cabalist Tier 2 : Ritualist and Warlord Tier next,don’t care about. :wink:

But there are too many classes to write about :sob:

Actually, I can make a personal ranking of pet classes… :thinking:

Alright:

• TIER 1 - Conjurer, Cabalist, Ritualist
  • TIER 2 - Deceiver
  • TIER 3 - Pyromancer, Oppressor, Death Knight, Occultist
  • TIER 4 - Warlock, Reaper, Apostate, Necromancer, Shaman
1 Like

Why are you guys putting blademaster so high? I think it should be at tier 3 or 4.

Very good as Belgo,also Deathmarked is solid option,Pierce Cadence with SR set.So 3 very good builds.Also is pretty easy to gear and level.

Hmmm, i think for a mastery to be in a tier that high it should have more end game build variation and more top contender.

Also, you are missing elementalist. Put it in your last bottom tier then… :stuck_out_tongue:

I was just looking Ya ranking and change it a bit.He was missing Pyromancer.But I never knew about class named Elementalist :smile: Last tier ? Maybe it’s not that bad.

@Nery Forgot about pyro: TIER 6 (maybe 5.5) in my ranking.

@Maya I actually considered putting conjurers and cabalists in T1. Conjurers still do everything with their eyes closed, and pimped out green Cabalist is still the fastest build in the game. But pets were balanced in the last few patches. Before FG you had to put “except pets” in every achievement because nothing in the game could get even close. Not anymore.

@thejabrixone Blademaster is high because it’s solid. Most solid nightblade. Also most versatile. Can be made to destroy crucible times. Can be made to do Celestials and deep shards. But I agree that it also might be debatable.

Infiltrator not being in the very first tier is debatable. Deathmarked can never be nerfed enough and Harra is ok. It just that good old Silver Sentinel was laid to rest is what bugs me. One of my favorite builds ever.

IMO Shieldbreaker beats Paladin in current balance. It’s due to the fact that you don’t have to give up on Mandate for rr. And the fact that Virtue was so cruelly nerfed. Shieldbreaker will fall as soon as Pyran is nerfed, though.

Yeah, I kind of wish I could have seen how it would have been if Mythical Will of Bysmiel still had the +1 limit to Familiar and they hadn’t lost their pre FG resistances. Feel like pet builds lost a lot of their power with that plus the chaos nerfs. Ghol’s + double birb would have been lovely, overpowered… but lovely :yum:

That said, personally I am happy with the current state of pets. I still would like to see a few changes due to personal tastes, but overall the balance feels good.

@ya1 What about Elementalist ? I think is 6,or maybe 7.

Shieldbreaker with Pyran is really good,with Virtue prior nerfs too.Paladin is the second toughest class,though. I should try sometimes Seal+Ascension+Aeon and I am sure it will be real defensive Juggernaut.

Infiltrator is still solid as cold DW or caster,but also Pierce with Belgo set.