Guide tips and pointers

I am thinking about making a build guide for the Witch Hunter I’m currently running (level 70 atm, just killed Elite Logghorrean in sub-30 seconds), however, I’ve never made, or read, a guide before so just wondering how should it be presented? Any do and don’ts of guide making I should know about?

A good place to get started is looking at the Build Compendium IV and check out builds on there.

Edit this one is well organized. Weapon Pool Skills Blademaster

Look at “Build compendium IV” in this forum section, there are some rules you should follow. Also you can look at some guides there, how are they written etc.

As the keeper of the build comp i would recomend the following format.

Example

Build Name
I will Bump when it is More Complete (remove after build is complete)

Image for the Build if wanted

Cool Quote if Wanted

Build Concept
Explain the Concept of the build

GrimCalc Link

Video of build

The Rotation
Can be deleted if needed

Video’s Of the Build
Spoiler2 if more than 2 Vid’s

Required Gear
Required Gear

Suggested Gear

[Spoiler2]
[/Spoiler2]
Suggested Leveling Path

[Spoiler2]
[/Spoiler2]
Suggested Devotion Path(s)

[Spoiler2]
[/Spoiler2]

Thanks for the answers, however, just checked the Witch Hunter section and Dreeg’s Kiss seems to be almost identical to my build with variations in Devotion and some gear choices.

Shame I had a cool Latin name picked out and everything :cry:

Meh, I say post your build anyhow.

I get a kick out of many of these “new” builds which are simply variants of an older posted build, then say they didn’t realize there was another build that is essentially the same. You however have made note of this. I think if you give credit or make mention of similarities between yours and a previously established build, I see no problem with posting your own. A few pieces of gear, some skill/devotion changes can give a whole new feel to a build.

Do it man, those threads are dead and don’t have activity on it, rather have something similar AND active responses to attract people.

Well I just started Ultimate (level 74 now, @ Krieg) so I’ll get further into Ultimate preferably killing the Loghorrean before I post anything (probably in a day or two, at most). This is the first build I’ve messed around with and have it turn to be immensely fun and actively wanted to make a guide for.