Gun and Shield fun in the sun

Iirc Z doesn’t like long posts so let’s see if I can boil this down

Gun and Shield damage options

• Stronghold Puri (Pally less so)
  • Rutnick Pally (but awful in SR/CR)

Pros of G&S

• Shotgun WPS still shoot 2x, clear advantage over dual pistol since SH/Watcher/Wrathguard are giving a bunch of extra flat. This is why the two above can kinda sorta hang
  • Maybe some defense? But this can be a trap

Cons of G&S

• Non-shotgun WPS shoot like 2 handers (1-3 bullets vs 2-4) but with less damage and usually no skill mods. Less damage than dual wield due to lost bullets, less than 2 hander because flat bonuses don’t make up the difference
  • Limited WPS - SH has set 25%, others get no item support except jaxxon, which is very niche at this point after a couple nerfs. No plunderer, no pyro/korvaak, no shadowflame. Can sometimes struggle to cap
  • All these item WPS carry passthrough, so even if you’re shooting less, at least you get some AoE
  • Damage lowers enough that the extra tank from shield doesn’t matter, you’ll die unless you go mega defense and enjoy watching netflix on the side while you kill Ravager for 6 minutes

Eard’s “I’m not a PM” dream scenario

• Somehow support passthrough shotgun WPS on the very small amount of gun and shield setups we have. It’s the best niche they have compared to dual or 2 hander but as of now they either have it built in or no practical way to get support. At minimum open up the existing item options to them
4 Likes

tldr?

/10char

1 Like

Gun and shield lack wps unless it’s built in (stronghold), making them feel like drastically lower damage for minor tank improvement. Would be nice if they either had item support, or shotgun wps/stormspread support on erulan and/or wrathguard since shotgun wps is their strongest point

tldr?

/10char

2 Likes

Give good shotgun shoots to wrathguard and/or erulan. Allow item wps to work with gun and shield. Have great time

4 Likes

gun go boom = fun
shield and gun = happy
shield gun no wps = sad

5 Likes

3 Likes

I want a wps that is the shield shooting bullets. Even better, make a new legendary shield that has a gun barrel in the middle.

This reminds me when I first play Demo, I thought Blast Shield makes your shield shoots explosive when attacked

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.