Happy Fifth Birthday to Grim Dawn!

Congrats , one of the best ARPG ever made …now give us more loyalty packs!

1 Like

For the lack of better word,

Happy birthday Grim Dawn and Crate Entertainment!

It’s been a very fun wild ride! I’ve loved every part of it. :+1::sunglasses: Thank you Crate and all who work there.

I am very much looking forward to Farthest Frontier! :vulcan_salute::sunglasses:
(Just pleeeeease make sure it’s finished, or at least working & playable, before releasing it!) :pensive::confused:

It’ll be early access when it releases…

…so finished it will not be.

As for working and playable, pretty sure they wouldn’t open up access to it (when that moment arrives) if it wasn’t.

Ehhh… Early access I am used to, and it’s fine so long as people know what they are getting into & Companies are honest. I am currently testing King Arthur: Knights Tale for NeoCore (I was a Kickstarter backer) & I have to say that it is a fascinating journey! They are meeting their provided milestones on the dot, and I haven’t yet had any serious play issues. They also listen & reply (unlike a couple others I worked with in the past). Also playing Dyson Sphere Program in EA (which amazes me! It’s huge and seems finished to everyone I’ve chatted with about it.) But they have big plans! Also just tried the OUTRIDERS Demo, which also impressed me.

Oh! I almost forgot Spacebase Startopia (official launch is March 26th).

CyberPunk 2077 impresses me not at all! Nor does CDPR right now (I feel very sad & sorry for the Dev teams though, just as I feel very sad about BioWare). And I loved the Witcher series. Oh well… :man_shrugging::unamused:

I’ve been a gamer since the early 80’s, even before if you count a few games friends & I created at College on DEC PDP-11/03 & VAX-11/750. Then Apple II etc. I’ve seen it all.

22552601_10203672976581213_3434092666228364077_n

This is my character Stephanie in a screenshot that was taken (I think) around 2014. That’s when a friend bought me one of the early packages which was later rolled over into one of the Kickstarter tiers. What’s funny is I have a lot more hours in this game than it shows in my Steam profile lol. Anyways, grats again, Crate. Really impressed to see how far this game has come since first reading about the TQ engine being licensed from Iron Lore back in 2009. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Also-damn. I’ve been on this forum 12 years now. I need to try actually posting more often lol. What’s kind of sad is I’ve been on here almost as long as I was on the Runic Games forum. Really glad you don’t have to deal with catering to big publisher whims at the risk of them shutting you down for no damn good reason (yes i’m still bitter).

1 Like

Now Crate will licence Dawn of War 1 engine and make a new rts with this in GD world
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Grim Dawn of War? :+1:

2 Likes

This was the best ARPG I have ever played. I never thought another ARPG could be as good as Diablo 2. Path of Exile was a serious contender but lacked that special magic… I thought, there will never be a game that can match and surpass Diablo 2… but Grim Dawn proved that was possible.

By 2018, the game had risen to the level of a classic title in my mind, and Crate kept putting out updates for free, and new content. Balancing game mechanics, taking suggestions from all members of the community into account. Improving the game functions through countless quality of life features.

By 2020, Grim Dawn had surpassed Diablo 2 in my mind as a classic and became my favorite ARPG of all time. I cant see any other ARPG surpassing it. Diablo 4 looks kind of cool but… I just cant see it outdoing Grim Dawn in the long term.

I know im biased due to loving the game, but it says something that a small indie studio was able to produce such a quality product and support it so well, to where its capable of outshining other games in the same genre developed by much larger companies.

8 Likes

wish you a very happy birthday and wonderful day
get-vidmateapp.com

get-mobdroapk.com

Yay! Happy birthday!

Strange. I’ve played the game time to time but recently I got addicted. My mind is always around builds, hc progression, loot…

Anyway this is my best purchase on GOG. Also the only one I did not bought on sale but immediately after release and never regret it.

Thank you Crate for the wonderful adventures!

2 Likes

Joyeux anniversaire ! ( Happy Birthday ! )

Not related to the great Hercule Poirot by chance, are you?