Happy New Year! Let's Talk V1.1.9.5/6

To my knowledge this is like one of if not the strongest ranged WPS in the game right now (at least granted from items)…

Is that so?
I never knew that flat damage gets multiplied when weapon damage factor is above 100%.
I thought that was a job for total damage modifier.
Thanks.

Canister is on the agenda
Here is a vid of old as an example. Having spelldrinker, offhand and harp was scarcely enough to fix mana management. It still went out fast in 1 vs. 1 fights.
Then you redesigned lightning canister as strictly barrels skill. Now its barely playable as anything but sorc, because mana management is still there.
Concerning fire canister I would like to compare it with fire Iskandra
Canister vs. TSS
After the latest patches they match each other in terms of damage. However, Iskandra has cdr, cc res, a little bit more phys res and better skill points management.
Current issues Ulzuin has:

1. Stats (<3k oa with aggressive and double of attack)
  2. CC res
  3. Common res
  4. Low % damage
  5. Low CDR for defence chaining
  6. Lack of skill points
  7. its main damage skill has 3.5 cd
  8. +4 demo skills, relic bonus and dedicated set and still image Sacrifice desperately needed hp and oa by dropping wyrmbone for ones of the worst gloves in the game then?

Iskandra doesnt have all the problems listed above. Playing canister now feels like floundering rather than enjoying

6 Likes

I know this has been asked before, but can we please add casting speed to Mythical Anderos' Amplifier - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database? Every Purifier I’ve tried to make pure Fire Kalastor has roughly 125-135% Casting Speed when you try to mix in survival tools like Giant’s Blood & Ghoul with damage devotions like Magi. Ideally, I wouldn’t want anything under 150% Casting speed even on a cooldown caster, as casting speed can make the difference between getting the spell off and getting micro-interrupted.

Also, none of the affixes for Shields have any Casting Speed. If anything, there are multiple skills that make good use of Shields (Sigils, Rune of Kalastor, Retal Drain Essence), so why is there no casting speed at all if you want a Green Shield? There should definitely be some on an affix like “of the Sage” where you’re going for Kalastor points regardless.

**EDIT: There’s one other thing I’d like to see become viable: Chaos Callidor’s Tempest. It’s really unfitting for the Arcanist to only have 1 viable Chaos skill, and we all know there’s not going to be Chaos TSS or Chaos PRM. The unfortunate thing about Callidor’s Tempest is that nearly all of the green items that supports Callidor’s Tempest also promotes 100% conversion, so we can’t even do any “green trickery” to get ourselves to 26/16 Tempest. In fact, we have the Harra’s Set to convert to cold, and Mythical Stormseer Sapphire - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database for Lightning Tempest, and yet both medal MI’s for Callidor’s also convert 100% damage.

The itemization seems to suggest going Warlock, as the few weapons that give +Arcanist skills give good Occultist points as well. So far, the only items I see that are indispensable for Chaos Tempest are Mythical Maw of Despair - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database for the additional Life Leech, Spark of Reality - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database for the big Chaos bonuses, and parts of the Black Flame Set to get the remaining Aether → Chaos conversion.

A simple way is to add Chaos damage to the affixes “of the abomination” and “of anomalies” so that we can use some green items to get points to Callidor’s Tempest. Another would be to give Chaos damage and a resistance to Bloodsworn Signet - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database since it just looks so empty compared to the other MI rings out there. There are other options, but these I feel are the least intrusive methods to get Chaos Callidor’s to be at least viable.

1 Like

Speaking of things that have been asked before, I know it has nothing to do with balance but it’s been bugging me for over 4 years now and it’s such an easy little thing to fix: can you please bump up the speech audio for Fleshweaver Krieg and, more importantly, Theodin Marcell? Their speech seems to be on the SFX layer which means that no matter how I adjust the audio, it’s pretty much impossible to tell what they’re mumbling at me half the time due to skill effects going off over it. In over 4k hours of play I still couldn’t tell you a single line of dialogue that Krieg says in AoM and from Theodin I managed to discern like two lines. It takes a lot away from the climactic experience of the boss fight. And I’m sure the voice actors weren’t paid only for their work to essentially have no impact on the game in the end.

Seeing as 9.5 is likely to just address bug fixes for xbox rather than balance, I feel like this is the perfect opportunity to sneak this little adjustment in. Pretty please?

8 Likes

this might be a weird one
Can we please get proper Chaos Trozan FX?
i was super happy when i saw we got chaos trozan added,
then i was super sad when i saw it was just the regular usual transmuted devastation FX in red
like i mentioned in my request a while back, we have the awesome FX already in the table thingy, it’s used by the Ch’'thonian harvesters
and the old bland devastation TSS fx looks so sad
would it be too much to ask to get the player chaos tss FX spiced up by using the same FX as the ch’thonian harvesters?

9 Likes

Agree, the moment I saw that fx in the game I wanted to play a Chaos Trozan castet

ok, once again. could we get +cadence skills to the goredrinker set? or supporting gear. it’s quite ridiculous that set that supports cadence doesn’t allow you to get 26/16 in the main skill by any means (except using some really off-beat gear).
the calc I use: Tactician, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.4) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
goredrinker tactician after series of small/global nerfs is just a mediocre build, w/e sturdy but not impressive.
also the thing that bothers me for a long time is how hard are the stats to get here, as I tried Ravager and wasn’t even able to proc Deadly Aim or AM at him (just like what?)
maybe adding some OA/DA across set pieces won’t hurt it at all.

4 Likes

Have you considered Blackwatch Seals for + to Cadence? With your setup and those rings 26/16 Cadence is possible :thinking:.
This

Critting Ravager with ~2900 OA is not real, especially without any DA shred (at least I haven’t noticed any). Correct me if I am wrong or missed something.

About Goredrinker set and a bit of Pierce Cadence. I have this Blademaster, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.4) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator. Tested him in SR 75-76, damage is okay (for sacrifices and compromises I made), defense is enough if you do not get too overconfident (like standing in 100 puddles :laughing:). Kaisan, Fabius etc are not a problem. Of course, more %Phys Res/%Armor and +2 to Cadence on Goredrinker (or +1 on Reaver’s Claw) would be a nice help. Also, full Armor Piercing is not possible without using specific items (like Steelheart belt :unamused: or weapon MI, but then we are left without skillpoints for such hungry mastery as Blademaster, amulet is blocked by set) or Blessed Whetstone component (we lose %ADCtH, not a good trade, since we need Seals of Blades on both hands). Increasing Armor Piercing to 50% for Reaver’s Claw is worth considering.

it’s possible but then hello, -17% AS loss (and you can’t actually compensate it with skills like PB).

ah, yes, this too …
I tested 2x Bleed whetstones. You convert all remaining phys but then also armor and extra LL and build becomes way more squishy.
So increasing AP on reaver and (maybe) Nightclaw is a good idea.
not like it will make Goredrinker super-busted sr100/sub4 Crucible performer.

3 Likes

so any chance retalion to aar in future

I’ll also want to suggest some things again, like:

• improve proc chance of Menhir’s Obelisk and block mechanic in general. The proc chance is 15% on block so assuming you get total like 40% chance of blocking an attack, proccing Stone Form is … not really easy, if I’m right.
    Block is then again strictly related to soldier but even then doesn’t do much unless you go full-defensive devos, despite some of them (like Shieldmaiden) being quite … meh. I don’t really know how to improve block in general, though maybe through increasing base block chance and values.

• the second thing is more about aesthetics. could we get some new VFX for cold/lightning Briars/Primal Spirit etc? we already have a cold hellhound so playing with all-cold pets would look cool. not like it will really help colp pets not to be shit, but at least they’d be fancy.

EDIT: could we also get some love to aether pets? There are very little items to support them, like even no vit>aether conversion. I think it would be fair to add like 50% vit>aether conversion to some pet rings/buff aether Raven a bit like adding +1-2 projs to it. It’s still 1 bird that is hard to get to 26/16.
but conversion is more important still.

3 Likes

It depends on what you define a build to be shit. I have completed SR80 fairly easily with both a Cold Raven build and a Cold Hellhound build; Crucible is always going to be crap if you’re not full Beastcaller’s 26/16 Briarthorn and Primal Spirit, but that’s the nature of pet builds.

Aether/Lightning is a perfectly viable combo to use, since it uses the same RR devotion and you’re only giving up an off-hand and belt for full vitality->lightning conversion. I lost the Grimtools I was theorycrafting for it, but the faction rings gives you points to Raise Skeletons and Summon Raven, and going partial Lightning allows you to actually use Will of the Crypt and not waste the really nice Elemental damage bonuses you would otherwise waste by going full Aether.

Again, it won’t be gangbusters in Crucible, but at the very least, all of your damage will be converted and not wasted. Depends on what pets you’re hoping to do well with Aether damage.

Not that I would ever say no to pet buffs, of course. I’m just happy that other people are trying to create nice pet builds.

I have some feedback about green OH too, in particular 2 of them:
this one Fleshwarped Codex - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database has %elemental damage but >aether conversion and flat.
and this Fleshwarped Archive - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database has pet mods but no pet bonuses which is kinda weird.
hope this can be addressed in the patch.

EDIT:
also noted that Segarius’ Blades Segarius' Tainted Blade - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database and Segarius' Sacred Blade - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database support or have mods to only 1 skill instead of 2, same for Storm Herald - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database.
and this axe Aetherscorched Cleaver - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database looks kinda odd to me cuz we already have another phys MI axe for cadence that gives it way stronger bonuses. And imagine playing phys BM not with Spellscourge, lol. I think this weapons can be changed towards aether cadence instead.

4 Likes

giving it pet bonuses would likely make it more biased towards pet affixes, we can’t have that :grin:

imagine using it for anything except pets

I would love to see that item (and the Salazar Blade just like it) get pet bonuses. But, my guess is there is some balancing reason they don’t have those… yet, like you said, where else are they used? Probably only pet builds, would be great to see them get some pet stat bonuses.

1 Like

can’t see any of those purposes cuz these items even don’t give sth aside pet bonuses that can be abused or just used.
so probably it’s sth like missing stats, as i can’t imagine the world where, say, hellhound is OP.

Would love to see Cabalist get some DA or phys resist in general.

Something like this, could be interesting. But that toon’s DA and phsy resist… :frowning:

Do you need builds? I have one :smile:
I have a wery conceptual build from my deep stock that will blow your mind :crazy_face: or even someone asses
Accurate at 1 day till topic will be closed. Meet, inversal-quadro-damage PRM :damage_aether: :damage_fire: :damage_cold: :damage_lightning:

CONCEPT

I consider that if skill exists it must work as is. PRM have Elemental and Aether damage as native and I want it at final build.
First of all, I take max %WD for PRM: Arcanum Sigillis, Spellgaze and Slathsarr.
But Slathsarr convert Ele to Aether, than I search way to convert Aether to Ele. Invoker’s shard convert it to Fire and Lightning, set in general good support for PRM, but no cold damage. Next step is take Farath. It convert Aether to Cold.
Now we have conversion Elem to Aether, and Aether to Elem ini a ratio 1:2:1. Well, large quantity of Cold compensates, that neither item granted modifiers doesn’t influence Proliferation (4 native damage too), but rings’ global conversion does
Further, takes Equipment that support Aether and Ele damage and all nodes of PRM, reject it due to survivability, takes new one.
Some interesting with Devotion. Tier 3 Devotion that support 4-damage and sumultaneously not popular in community is Attak Seru - that’s my choise. Blind Sage also grant Elemental boost.
And now after long Equipment and Devotion juggling we get it: inversal-quadro-damage PRM. It have tons of conversion but it still have native damage tipe and more over it have 66%WD.

It’s wery specific build, and it exceeded my expectations. But despite the seeming power, it have really troubles with only one campaign boss: Korvaak (in 3th phase).
Can it beat 70 SR? I pass it to from 65 to 70 in cost of about 10 death, it more suitable for let’s say 50. Build is very random. It can facetank 1 to 1 more than half SR bosses, but lie back from colorful crystalls placed on location.
What I want? I want more stability for this build.

And returning to balance in general. Most difficult for overcap skills is 4 node: Firestrike, Dreeg’s eye, Hellhound, PRM and Ignaffar.

2 Likes