Has anyone tried building around Fleshwarped Core?

I’m talking about this item. Looks tailor-made for Aether Callidor’s Tempest Battlemage so I tried to theorycraft a bit around it.

Here’s what I was thinking: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26rl972

Looks ok on paper, but I see potential issues: energy, poor rr, lack of lightning to aether conversion (Inferno node seems pretty bad right now).

Did I miss anything? Any gear swap I should consider or another devotion route? Thanks for your time :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

When I looked at it, I thought it might go well with %WD AAR and a couple of extra nukes, especially with the item conversions. I know it targets CT spam, but…meh.

I like a lot of variety in play! Making the resistance juggle work might be something else, though. And skills are pretty short. I also thought that Bull Rush (Bull constellation) would work well for the proc due to high weapon damage and conversion - if you can get the conversion prefix on the item. Perhaps better than Aetherfire, in this case.

Edit: That’s a nice challenge for Stupid Dragon. I wonder if he looked at the Faction Belt from Death’s Faction faction girdle. as it’s an easy starting point for SSF if you don’t feel like PortV?

AAR requires offhand.

I did, used it briefly. They are quite expensive to craft actually, so Coven belts are better as a budget replacement of PV belts.

If you want to play aether CT that item is a good start, but instead going for Battlemage, its more going towards a Binder build.

Scion of Screaming Veil is a direct upgrade for that item.

It should also make a good weapon to use for anyone trying to do 2-handed Aether Krieg before Soulsplitter or one of the Legendaries like Temporal Arcblade becomes available.

Since AAR isn’t doable, you could try looking at something like this perhaps: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zByn92.

Is not Lucius weapon better for such DK?

I completely forgot about Lucius weapon :man_facepalming:

The weapon doesn’t really makes much sense for anything except CT Battlemage, if we don’t count memes like aether Forcewave or aether Grenado.

1 Like

Forgot about that :sob: Alas, I think it is stuck with CT, then.

That’s a nice idea, but it probably will be starved of energy - even with more component/devotion/skill juggling.

I have actually and it’s very similar to yours. While it doesn’t have the fastest SR clear times the fact that it can easily & safely farm SR is more than enough for me and many others I think.
Base stats are all in decent places and the damage it has I feel totally makes up for the lack of better RR.
I don’t usually directly critique builds in general so I can’t say how well yours will do as is. But with the alterations to the build that I have implemented for myself that suit me and my playstyle the results are good enough for me to leave the build as is~

If you’d like to see the GT here it is: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2B8q1JZ

2 Likes

Looks good!

A bit surprised that your sheet DPS for CT is lower than mine, even though you have dream affixes and Mark of Anathema. I’m using Magelord set rings to make use of Inferno levels, while in your case they aren’t really doing anything.

1 Like

%Aether Damage on Inferno is useless for Aether CT? :thinking:

It isn’t, but I’d argue that alone doesn’t quite justify the investment since these points could be made use elsewhere.

2 Likes

I see. Then it is not useless, more like “insignificant profit”. For example, ADCtH part of Ghoul devotion IS completely useless for abilities without %Weapon Damage part.

On the topic, I will post a GT link here when I have time. Just an idea, but looks OK.

This battlemage I made before Fleshwarped Core upgrade, so Fire-to-Aether conversions on items are redundant if Menhir’s Bulwark is taken. Exclusive can be reverted to Reckless Power without much loss.

1 Like