Hawt new screenshots in the media section!

Decided it was about time to cough up a few new screenshots and show you guys the dranghoul and his groble followers in-game.

I’m not sure why this didn’t occur to be before but I realized it is a lot easier to take good screenshots by pausing the game. Unfortunately, the side-effect was too many good shots to choose from, so I ended up putting a lot of semi-redundant ones up. I’m sure you guys won’t mind too much. :wink:

http://www.grimdawn.com/media_screenshots.php

Cowboy hats? LOL!

Looking great though…fire-ish effect looks nice with all the particles and stuff. Also digging the nice vistas and landscapes below the players postions…nice to see a game that utilizes vertical space.

It’s not a cowboy hat DAMNIT!!! … Ok fine, so what if it is?!

Hehe, it actually started out as a black pilgrim-style warlockish hat and then got corrupted. Still have the black version too - I’m sure you’ll see it soon enough.

LOL, looks like a coyboy hat to me as well, sorry but couldn’t resist

but WOW oh WOW, the game looks gorgeous, very nice indeed, still wish I could buy the dratted game to help the devs out, as this is certainly looking to be one awesome looking game :slight_smile:

awesome shit!
On that one screenshot you can see that it somewhat looks like a pilgrim hat. :smiley:

still say cowboy hat :smiley:

Hot pics? Who’d you steal these from?!

Looks cool though… I thought the Draghoul would be… taller.

The pics are killer. I like the one where the toon is attacking monsters from up on the cliff I’m glad (if I can assume) that you can attack from high ground to low ground and vice versa. I am wondering if the character has a class build? Can you tell us what it is?

This character has skills from the “demolition” mastery. In the screenshots you can see two skills currently named “canister bomb” and “thermite mines”. Also, as a main attack the character is using “ammo modification” with “explosive rounds”.

For anyone who is curious, thermite is an extremely hot burning combination of a metal powder and an oxidizer. The reaction was first discovered in the late 1800s. I figured that was close enough that we could co-opt it for the game. :smiley:

The mines work well for creating a barrier that will kill hordes of weak enemies or wear down slow-moving armored enemies. Naturally, they’re not as effective vs. ranged enemies who can just fire over them or destroy them from a distance or fast-moving enemies who won’t take as much damage passing through them.

The canister bomb is lobbed like a grenade into the middle of a group of enemies where it explodes and sends out several fragments that explode over a wide area. It is great for taking out hordes of zombies, grobles, or the like. It isn’t as effective against tougher enemies like the dranghoul.

The grobles have a shaman who can chain-heal and if there is more than one in a group, it is often difficult to kill anything until you dispatch the shaman. For this job the demolitionist can use either a flashbang to disrupt and confuse the shaman or a grenado to knock them down / potentially kill them.

The grenado is more of a focused explosion good again tougher single targets or tightly clustered groups. It is fun to lob over walls to kill enemies in a house before you enter, although, if the roof is intact, then you can drop some thermite mines are the door before you break it down.

These pictures really look like HUGE HOT dynamites.

They willl burn as hell the ARPG market. Awesome!

Demolition specialization looks promising and fun too.

Well done!

To see thermite in action watch this:

Thanks for another set of great screen shots! I’m sure that the effects look even better when they’re in motion.

I like the fourth screen shot the best. I know that you’re trying to showcase the characters and various creatures, but I especially like the look of the environment. The level of detail at this stage is great!

TECHNOmancer

P.S: Just watched the video – WOW!

WOW and even greater wow, I love the pics and the ideas, chain healing shamen, NICE!!!

that will certainly keep players on their toes!! love it

Demolition-Mastery with grenades and special ammo? I am soooo sold.
I loved grenades in Hellgate. Do they have physics?
Like throwing them against a wall to get them around a corner?

I would second that, throwing grenades around corners will be useful. I hope that is possible too, another thing that could be useful, is be able to set the timer for the grenades? short fuse, long fuse for very powerful explosions. so the player doesn’t get caught in the blast, (but the more powerful the explosion, the longer the cooldown so that you can use it again, unless the system is different?

Nice batch of pictures. I can imagine those explosions in motion will look badass.

Nice, a whole batch of screenies :smiley:

I got a concern about mines though;
since the general tendency of these types of games is too move forward and kill everything in your path quickly, are mines even remotely useful? I can’t really imagine myself walking somewhere, placing mines, walking back and see enemies (especially when they’re weak) be blown up by the mines. Sure it’s a nice roleplaying aspect and can be fun for a couple of times, but eventually you’re just gonna pull out your big cannons and blow them apart in 1/5th of the time it takes for the mines to become effective…

The rest though, I take my cowboyhat of for you. Awesome work.

Just my thought, but you put the words in much better then what I would have :wink:

But the pics look awsome! I got some small Gears of Wars flashes with that big brute, cant wait let him meet my "do you feel lucky punk? Well do yah!? Rifle to the face!

Well keep up the good work I can and cant wait for it to be released!

Well sometimes with ranged character you do backpedal and move around in combat if the group is big enough and poses enough problems to the player…one could potentially lay down a trap as they are moving and all enemies chasing would of course have the chance of running over it in pursuit.

Obviously that still leaves the skill seemingly very situational…

Traps worked well for D2’s Assassin (and TQ’s Rogue had a trap-skill too) - how exactly are mines different from traps, that they would be a problem?