HC Warlock Panini's + Dev/DB + Time-Dilation

Thanks for the guide, Twan. I’ve been levelling using Bloody Pox/Fevered Rage with Wasting maxxed, and so far I’m clearing trash like crazy. Bosses and Heroes can be a struggle, though. My single target dps is very poor and Fevered Rage just supercharges them to the point where I’m considering speccing out of it. Should I just hang in there and beeline to Devastation or Doom Bolt, or pick up another single target skill?

Between cold, vitality, chaos and aether what’s your highest damage type? There are a number of solutions to the single target problem that comes with this approach, personally I chose to go with Devastation but that’s because I was stacking aether at the time. Grab the Haunt relic also it’ll help with both pox and aether if you’ve taken that path.

Well, I’ve been stacking vitality/bleed, so those are my highest. I’m only lvl 22 and just started Act 2 (I think?), so I don’t think I have access to relics yet.

Ahhh I’ve been in your situation before. How I handled it was speccing into sigil of consumption and used sword/shield combo. So you keep using pox+rage but throw sigil down and tank boss mobs. Its kinda fun actually haha. It doesnt necessarily have to be a sword you just want to keep stacking vitality damage.

With that in mind, be sure to get the component unholy inscription for your gloves when you can.

I’ll try that, thanks! Sounds more fun than DoTing the boss and running like hell.

Hahaha indeed! Just be sure to focus on resists since you’ll be face tanking. Even though sigil heals low resists will melt your character before it can save you. I would also suggest prioritizing physical resistance on the shield, Warden Kreig supplies a decent shield and is relatively easy to farm if you’re careful.

It’s also important to note that Devastation requires an off hand and won’t work with a shield. Conversion builds are difficult to gear so when you reach about 40 I’d recommend saving up aether damage gear w/ resists. Fevered Rage + Devastation + Panettis will yield pretty decent damage. To take care of trash get about 6 points into Olexra’s Flash Freeze and you’ll be able to hold them still while you rain Devastation down on their puny heads >:).

If you need further help with skill choices feel free to ask and good luck!

Hey man i start fresh game so no items, Can you recomend a skillpoints lvling guide that will allow to do all content , not very gear dependent since i dont have another char and to be alble to do the special dungeons like Steps of torment etc, thanks !

All content including super boss at lvl 100? It would be a lot easier making a chaos/vit AAR + sigil of consumption warlock for that using the Black scorch set and double voidheart rings: https://www.grimtools.com/db/itemsets/100

The whole devastation + doom bolt build doesn’t work out so great damage wise (too much unconverted damage that isn’t scaled) and you need to kite much more. Also low DA and OA.

I would suggest levelling as Arcanist first. PRM or max inferno (using transmuter) until lvl 20 or so. You can then switch to chaos ARR if you like, leave it at a lowish level otherwise energy problems arise. Start going to sigil of consumption and max it + destruction. Once they are maxed you can go for max possession, then start grabbing OA (inner focus, blood of dreeg) or defences (aspect of guardian) or furthering AAR for more single target damage, whichever you feel you need more. Build is like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gvM8KN (It’s basically what Ptiro posted in another thread btw so credit not mine!)

Just my opinion. Feel free to ignore it though.

Edit: Fevered rage only taken when set completed for ritual circle skill and DA is close to 3k.

You can make anything work if you’re clever enough my friend :wink: that’s what makes Grim Dawn so great. The last few pages have build ideas if you liked how this build works. If you have further questions please feel free to ask :).

This build changed my life. I really can’t imagine where I’d be without it. Thanks to the OP, Mr. Twan, for gracing me with this info. By the way, can we please have a leveling guide? I’m having a REALLY hard time deciding what the best way to level is. Thanks so much!!!

Hey, love the build, Have some questions about the lvling tho, How come my Penetti’s is doing non-existent damage?
You talk about putting points into Torzan’s skyshard, and in your grimtool you have no points in it at all?:confused:
What am i missing :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry for this incredibly late reply. As of the new updates to Clairvoyant set I’m currently revamping the build. This character did die so I’m also putting together a more comprehensive strategy for leveling it up as I go. I should have an updated build and leveling guide early-mid June and a resubmission to the compendium.

Edit: I’ll likely resubmit this under a different title. Devastation and Panettis may not be used so this thread title may be deceiving.