Heads up: Nightblade Mastery Adjustments in B17

thanks for the warning. just need to unlearn my passive procrastination skill[tier 8] tomorrow

Everyone asking for patch and auto correction things - please, wake up :slight_smile: It’s alpha. There is no guarantee your character will remain functional to the final release. There is no guarantee it will even load in the next patch. That is what alpha for. Making temporary fixes which will bring on the past builds characters is pointless. It takes about 5-6 hours at most to level up new character from scratch, most difficult builds (like reflection) will take 9-12 hours.

Just visit the Spirit Guide ingame and unlearn what you have been warned about :slight_smile: And switch to other characters meanwhile if these skills are essential to your NB build.

Does this mean NB will only have two skills at tier one in B17?

There will be 3 I believe.

Dual Wield, New Skill, and Veil of Shadow.

It will still be easy to quickly get into Phantasmal Blades as it only takes 2 levels to get there.

Went through all my Nightblade toons and bought back their points today. So ready to go when B17 comes out.

New skill tree sounds very interesting. See page 8 of this thread:

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12507&page=8

for medierra’s descriptions (post 77).

thanks for the update!

its ok its not the end of the world plus i can always make a new character
its a fantastic game regardless its what diablo 3 shoulda been

You should just be able to turn off the Steam updates if you want to keep running. Then when the new build drops, you can reassign your points then update.

There is no mechanism by which we can do this. We could build one but that would mean programmers investing potentially significant time to automate something players can easily do themselves. If we expected to remove skills frequently, that might be worthwhile but so far this is the first time it’s come up. It seems like a bit of a waste to program a feature that may never be used again and will have no benefit to the final game. :undecided:

have you not farmed enough iron bits?

I am downloading and update to GD right now. About 630MB. I guess I won’t be getting much sleep tonight!:smiley:

livestreaming?

So it seems im finding out too late about the nightblade skill changes in this new build, i didnt get the chance to refund my points before the release of b17 to ensure i didnt lose any into the ether! I cant seem to start up the game without it needing to update first, i tried turning off auto-updates in grim dawn properties in the steam client but it wont launch as it is it tries to update first. Can anyone help me out? Id rather not have to start again as the nightblade as its my highest level character.

If you haven’t updated yet, try this: make a backup copy of the database.arz file, then update, replace the new database file with the old.

That sounds like a sweet way to break things. :rolleyes:

Instead, try launching Steam in offline mode and then launching the game.

Yes i was skeptical of messing around with the database files, unfortunately when i try to launch it from the offline steam client i get “Game unavailable - This game is not ready to be played in offline mode.”
It may have something to do with the fact that in the library it says grim dawn has an update queued. Is there a way to cancel this queued update? Im not too familiar with steam grim dawn is the only game i have for my account so far.

Maybe you should just start over, only takes 2 hours to complete Act1 anyway!

Another option is to edit the character file with a hex editor. Just add up the points you lost to the unused skill points.

If a game starts to patch, you can’t play it until it’s completely finished, regardless if you’re in offline mode or not.

I opened up GD last night, and it started to patch. I quickly opened up GD, it was b16. I ran in, removed all my skill points to my nightblade, and closed.

Game continued to patch, completed, and opened up to b17.

That being said, I don’t know that your comment is correct…?