Heart of the Wild poison/bleed reduct is "useless"

So turns Heart of the Wild poison/bleed duration reduct is a modifier and not a defensive stat.
That means it only modifies/boosts existing Reduced DoT Duration bonuses you have and doesn’t grant you anything on its own, “without 1-3 specific items or Dryad devo” etc, (and ofc even combined with some/few of those provide very little)
Heart of the Wild (modifier type)

Goredrinker (defense type)

i noticed it because modding heart of the wild to 100% or even 500% did nothing at all to reduce my bleed debuffs, be it Gutworm or reflected attacks.
And modifying it to 500% in conjunction with Dryad buff then started to have the effect as Goredrinker 100 reduction did.

I’m legit not sure if this is intended, or an oversight?
judging from a couple of other player posts atleast seems like the perception is it reduces poison/bleed attacks by itself, and not merely if you only already had Reduced DoT Duration stat from using some of these pre-existing few sources
x7 Reduction in Bleeding Duration Search - Grim Dawn Item Database
x5 Reduction in poison Duration Search - Grim Dawn Item Database
+Dryad and Obelisk devo procs

as a side note,
seems like Reduced DoT Duration is not actually capped at 100, and if you have a certain amount of +DoT duration bonus you’ll take increasing dmg on reflects - although actual enemy DoT attacks will be 0.
For my trial run bonking possessed archmages in (Ultimate) campaign on 9.8 with Ring of Steel while wearing goredrinker 100% Bleed Reduct Trickster, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator i’d see*
0 bleed reflects at 140% bleed duration increase,
1sec or less bleed duration reflect at 214% duration increase
2sec’ish at 449% duration increase
and +3’ish seconds reflect at 800% duration increase

*bleed length eyeballed by trying to hit pause immediately after RoS on reflect and is by no means exact on its own, and would probably even vary enemy to enemy on top + was done very briefly etc “this was not very scientific nor controlled and just a quick run”

anyway, this was mainly about Heart of the Wild not actually providing any poison/bleed reduction on its own,
whether it was known, intended or an oversight (not sure if this was a bug report), and even if it was deliberate if it should be changed to defence instead of modifier, to either be more useful or just less “misleading” ? :thinking:

7 Likes

Oh my god…thanks for the report…

7 Likes

Dot duration reduction is capped at 80%.
Ontop of that, enemies cannot decrease it, so I see no reason why goredrinker description is phrased so misleading.
80% bleed duration reduction would be more precise.

that’s clearly not the case
slap on goredrinker, go fight Gutworm: 0 bleeds
only time you’ll see bleeds is on your own reflected attacks
Ceno also tested this for all dots, taking 0 dot dmg when above 100 but still taking electrocute dmg when reduct duration at 96?% i think it was

Right, actually I was merely, referring to reflected bleed duration. Let’s be honest, that’s the only bleed that’s dangerous.
Wanna say you are not at all immune to reflected bleeding with goredrinker.

like i noted in my side mention, it seems to be tied to duration increase (which ofc most dot builds get a fair amount of).
it has a very weird scaling, like getting 100% bleed reduct reduced my reflected bleeds from 30sec to 0 sec when at 140% duration increase (random obtained cutoff % switching items), but still saw like a second or sub 1sec reflects at 214% bonus duration.
With it then going all the way up to 3+secs at my full peak duration setup (but not 4 at a glance atleast), effectively stripping all my bonus duration at a point normalising it down to the skill’s base duration - “or less” if less bonus duration increase.
Curious thing was, increasing bleed reduct duration from 100-500 did have an effect, but it was very small, like as if there is increased scaling/not a 100 cap, but it drops off in scaling amount, sorta like pic of OA/DA has a scaling curve too or something was the first mental image i got

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.